main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA SVRF collector's Cafe

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Hmmmmm 12 inch Grievous eh? Hmmmm well, I won't be getting to Sac anytime soon.

Although I did find the Darth Vader operation table delux figure. I am going to go pick it up today. ;)

I also found a Darth Tyranus in a miniature booster pack today. ;)

2. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    So how's everyone's BK collection coming along?

I have decided my local BK can die. We went back tonight and asked which toys they had, and the guy pulls out a shoebox-size box with a couple of Lukes, Wickets and Jabbas. He says "This is all we have." I said "That's crap, I was here two days ago and there were tons more." He then told me "Wow, two days is kinda long. This is all we have now." We walked out and drove across town to the other BK, where people are awesome, and the toys are actually cheaper. They pulled out a big box and said "Do you need any of these?" While we were digging, they went and got more and said "Hey, we have these too." It was really nice because another guy who had already ordered saw the toys and he picked out a bunch he didn't have. They were really friendly about it, they didn't rush us, and they made sure we had an extra bag each to put all our toys in.

Updated list:
    Darth Vader (x2)
    Yoda
    R2-D2
    Chewbacca
    Jabba the Hutt
    Han Solo
    Luke Skywalker
    Wicket W. Warrick
    Millenium Falcon
    Darth Maul
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Jawa
    Princess Leia
    Padmé Amidala
    Boga
    X-Wing
    Podracer
    Jedi Starfighter
    General Greivous
    Jar Jar Binks
    Emperor Palpatine

10 more to go. I'll probably re-buy Luke, Han, Jabba and the Falcon because I opened them, though.

3. MASTER_JEDI_RN

MASTER_JEDI_RN Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Just picked up the last 2 coins for the State Lottery.
    Now my collcetion is complete.

MJ

4. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    All BK's can die Joe.

Hate BK I've eaten there once in the last 3 years....the things I'll do for Star Wars.

and the scrooge mcduck way they are handling this promotion makes me want to slap someone.

Limiting the amounts you can buy...fine I get that, but the limit is WAY too low.

*wanders off grumbling about BK

5. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    What? The two I've been to haven't had a limit. Hell, the one on Douglas, they let a lady buy literally about 40 toys, including several Vaders.

6. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    WHAT?!!!

Figures...the one BK I head into in years would be the most vile of them. *actually this is very true....since I worked for that SAME one (for two weeks in my long ago youth) and I can tell you all sorts of mouse/food horror stories (keep in mind 2 weeks and I have horror stories)*

Oh well. since there's no BK in this town I've been sending Lola out for them...and all her co-workers too.

I've got a nice collection going but I know I wont get all of them before the promo is over...leaving me to pick them up at Denios later.

So far I have (by memory)
    Luke
    Sidious (aka Homie Imp)
    Obi Wan
    Yoda
    Maul
    Falcon
    X-wing
    Pod Racer
    Jawa
    Jabba

7. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Well, I am also very easily addicted to things like this so I've been going out every couple of days to get more. I also did buy the first week set again because I had opened them. I went in to my local one the next morning to get breakfast, and they said they had no more week 1 toys. I said "Bullcrap, I was here last night. There's a box under the counter there." She says "Oh," and pulls it out.

At least the whole thing is over in two weeks.

I also really want the large inflatable Vader on the roof.

Article

They're going for nearly $700 now.
    Buy one on ebay

[image=http://adweek.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/darth_bk1_1.jpg]

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I too have all my Lotto Coins. That collection is now complete. I am also up to date on my ROTS basic figures. I have 1-47. Muahahahahahahahaa!!

9. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Went to BK again today, they didn't have the Week 5 toys. They said they still have 4 more boxes of the week 4 toys so it's unlikely they'll finish that promotion. That blows balls. However, I did get another Vader, so I have 3 now.

I also just learned the Jawa's eyes light up when you squeeze him. Awesome.

10. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Joe

Do you have to eat BurgerCrap to get the toys or can you just go in and buy them?

I've only gone in twice and now I remember why I haven't been to a BurgerKing in a while.

11. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    You can buy just the toys. The one by my house sells them as a two-toy set for $3.98, but the one on Douglas sells them for $1 a pop.

12. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Ok, I just made a trench run and found the new Delux figures of Stass Allie and her "exploding speederbike." I also found the Delux Clone Troopers (three different clone troopers) Very cool stiff. I also snagged another Clone Trooper. I am slowly builidng my own army of clones. I now have 15 clone troopers, 5 Clone Commanders, 4 Clone Pilots, and 5 At Te Tank gunners. ;) Muahahahahahahahahaha!!! I shall have agrand army of the Republic!

Super Geeks do it until it (MHZ)

13. Jedi_Blastech

Jedi_Blastech Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2005
    allright, so here it goes....

i am hunting for boba fett items. pretty much from the OT era or at least
    those that herald from then, ie the OT figures that were just recently released.
    i have some stuff allready, but i am after it all. from cups and kool aid can
    wrappers to art, sculpture, and everything in between. if you have something to
    sell or trade i am eager to listen. i have much to trade if need be. i am a
    boba fett junkie! so bring it on....

14. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I hsve a Boba Fett Room Monitor ;)

Ok kids, they're heeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeee!!!!!

[image=http://swanb.net/collection/mnmfigures.jpg]
    The M&M figures are out!!!
    I have a couple more to pick up. I was able to get
    [image=http://swanb.net/collection/mnmfigures2.jpg]
    Clone Trooper, Darth Vader, Chewbacca and Mace Windu

They are pretty cool looking.

15. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Cool, where do you get them?

16. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    i just got this huge cardboard cut out for the ep.3 gamefor x-box and this sick scout trooper.

edit: pic.

[image=http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/7277/im0001708tc.jpg]

17. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Most of you guys are Sacramento-centric but the Toy R Us in Stockton had a ton as of yesterday morning.

Also quite a few of the new unleashed (yoda/sidious, asajj, vader)

18. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I got them at Toy R Us Joe. They are pretty cool

19. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Just as an FYI:

I took Rogue 2.5 to B.K yesterday and they let me buy remaining Star Wars toys they had.
    So if your missing some ask and they might have them under the counter still even though they moved on to the Fantastic Four promo.

20. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    I forgot to mention I finished my collection a couple of weeks ago. All 30 regular toys plus 3 Vaders.

21. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Very impressive Joe. Good work!

22. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I think I may have locked down a chance to get one of those R2-D2 Coolers from 7/11. they said they were going to toss it. I offered to take it today but the manager has to give the thumbs up. I shold know in a few days they have my number...SWEET!!

23. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    AWESOME!!!!!

I now have the entire M&M collection. I also have a funky (but cute) Yoda figure as well...
    [image=http://swanb.net/collection/mnmfigures3.jpg]
    Funky looking Yoda

Oh well... Ahhhhh NASCAR Pepsi 400 is on! Yeah lets get it on!!

24. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Where does he get those wonderful toys? ...no seriously where do you get those? Rogue 2.5 saw the Grevious and Vader and now he's buggin me.

25. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Well, I heard from a reliable source that the M&M figures weren't supposed to be out until Auguts. ;) So get'em if ya can. I got all of them at the Toys R Us in YC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.