main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA SVRF Episode IV: A New Fanfilm

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JoeSunrider, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    I know everyone's busy with Forged by Light, but once that's over (or during, if time permits) I have a great idea for another fanfilm. I'm about to start writing the script as the inspiration hit me during ROTS and I just got home. Won't need a huge cast, but will need some connections for effects. If you want to know more about the story, please PM me because I don't want to post it in public. Last time I did someone ripped off my idea and made a film before I could. Any help would be super bombad.

2. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Check your PM's!

-TJ

3. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I think we need a list of all the fanfilms we have lined up. I'm down. The way I figure it the more we have to work on the better our chance to keep the Rogue Films moving forward from FBL and beyond.

Not sure how much help I can be for you Joe being that I have no effects skills. But I'd be happy to take a small role if you need someone to fill a spot. Or I'd be happy to help you with the script if you want or need it.

4. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Well, TJ has said he's interested in writing, and I'm thinking it might be good if we have several scripts going at once, like we did with FBL, then combine them at the end.

I talked to Devin about this last night and he seemed interested, despite some facts he refuses to believe. ;)

I'm sending PMs to you both now.

5. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Oh you can't trust TJ....He likes Care Bears more then Star Wars.

your not careful you'll have a story about how the Jedi taught the Sith how to share or hug or some garbage.

*Heh heh.

(holy crud I need some sleep)

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    "I talked to Devin about this last night and he seemed interested, despite some facts he refuses to believe."

Proof bro, REAL proof. Not some web site that says so ;)

7. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Wikipedia is like the world's largest user-run encyclopedia. If there's any false information EVER put on there, it gets zapped up REAL fast.

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    ummm is it recognized by Lucasfilm?

Either way dude, it's an interesting concept, and worth at the least, a look at a script you come up with

9. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Joe, you know was well as I do how cruel people can be about fanfilms if something isn't correct. All I am saying is make sure of your facts is all. Don't give the leeches a chance to attack your work without provocation.

I support you in anyway you head with the story, script and characters. The opinion I gave is just that. MINE. I do not intend to get into arguments about it with anyone.

10. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    And for the record, I want to apologize to LDV.

I totally went off on him sideways on Yahoo this afternoon...

I personally didn't believe there is anything, short of GL saying so, that Wookie's cannot be Jedi. Devin disagreed, and I said some things I really wish I had worded better or (in some cases) not said at all.

LDV... forgive me?

I think I'll go soak my head now.

-TJ

p.s. I will say that from a technical standpoint I think it would be difficult to create wookie costumes.

11. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    TJ commited the ultimate sin of spelling "Wookiee" with only one e. Now he loses 10 cool points.

12. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Care bears....told you I did. soft he is.

*strips TJ of Weasel title and replaces it wih Care Bear name....but which name? think on this I must. tired I am war I have been at all day. (between work and SF gate boy....I'm pooped)

13. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    i'm soo down joe, and i have my ani costume and regular jedi so you know, i'm prepared.

14. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Big plans for you, I have. >_>

15. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    sweet.

i might film somthing this weekend, i found someone who has a vader costume and is willing to help me with a little somthing.

16. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Id totally be up for contributing a script. What are the parameters - length, genre, style?

Do just rogues do the acting or can we bring in others?

17. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Bith - Check yer PMs.

I already have an outline for the story. Just do your own interpretation of that. Last time three of us wrote a script and then we picked the best parts from all three.

Anyone who wants to help out is welcome to.

18. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    OK, off the top of my head, if we decide to do this, here's what I think I'll need.

-Director (I asked Deadpoop and he said no because of his schedule. Anyone who has an eye for visual storytelling please let me know. I want to write and act, but I have no interest in directing.)

-Prop builder (Will need a couple of lightsabers that can support dowels... I wonder who could do this? <_<)

-Music Editor (Once the film's done, someone needs to put music in... I need someone with a vast knowledge of the score of the movies, and doesn't want to use Duel of the Fates.)

-3D animator (A VERY short bit of two Jedi Starfighters)

-Rotoscoper (I figure me and AJ can handle this.)

That's all I can think of, at any rate.

EDIT: I also remembered the name of the film that took my idea. "Spirits of the Force."

19. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    dude we got roto and music covered.

20. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I always thought myself a very visual person... so I could help with the directing and/or fight choreography. While your premise is interesting, it doesn't seem *quite* up my alley in terms of hammering out a script but I'll see what I can do with it. I'll send you PM('s) ASAP.

-TJ

21. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Well, I was discussing the film with a friend of mine at work today (who oddly enough has never heard of fanfilms) and he mentioned being a black belt (I didn't ask which style, though) and he said he'd love to help with choreography. I'd actually like to get him a part, too.

Yes, this is coming along nicely.

Eeeeexcellent. </MrBurns>

22. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Does anyone object to me using the SVRF Productions moniker on this film? As it stands now it seems only AJ and I are involved, but it could bring some credibility to the group if we want to branch out into other projects.

23. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I'm still in, I have to put my computer at home back together after a blaster mishap (safety switch my butt) before I can work on some script elements for you.

24. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    No problimo Joe, go for it dude.

25. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Anyone know a place where we could take cast pictures like this?

[image=http://www.chinese-starwars.com/starwarsepisode3/charactors/zz018.jpg]

Also, think we could build something like this, or at least a couple walls of it?

[image=http://www.backyardproductions.co.uk/movies/sw2/archive/Filming%20in%20Jedi%20Council%202.jpg]

I know a guy who could probably do a digital matte painting, but I'd like to do as little greenscreening as possible since it's so hard to make it look good. There's one scene in the Council room in my script (which I want to keep in no matter what), and I was thinking either A) Film certain shots of it outside, and just add walls digitally and keep the natural background as windows and add other shots as matte paintings, or B) build a small council room.

I also would like to know who is interested in helping out. I have actors, but I need people to do props, effects, stuff like that.

Devin, would you be interested in a small part in this? I would also really, REALLY like your buddy with the Wookiee costume to help out. One day shooting max. If you have any prop sabers you could loan us it would be great. I have a buddy who wants to buy a custom one from you too. If you have an eBay shop I'll even put it in the credits.

Also when my script is done I want people to review it, then once we mishmash the varius scripts together I'm going to want extra opinions on that.

It's go time people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.