main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX SW 30th Anniversay event in Houston June 2nd

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Droidmech, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Droidmech

Droidmech Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2007
    Ladies and Gentlemen of the Empire and Rebellion. The members of the Droid Builders Guild offer an invitation to the members of Fanforce, 501st, Jedi Academy and Rebel Legion to join us at the Hardrock Cafe to help the U.S. Post office promote the release of the Star Wars Stamps. Preliminary date will be 2nd from 10am to 2pm. The U.S. Post Office would like as many people in SW costumes to attend as possible. The Droid Builders Guild will have at least 2 full size fully operational droids on display R2-D2 and R6-D1 and possibly a 3rd R series droid as well as a Hanger maintance Scrubber droid. The press will be invited (both Printed and TV) and the post office will be selling the SW Stamps.

If you or members of your groups are interested in participating, Please let me know as soon as possible so I can give the Marketing Rep a number of people attending and in what costumes. Currently we have a Darth vader and two Jedi Knights and possiblely one Imperial Officer.

Thanks for your time.

Dan S.
    Droid Mech 1st Class
    Droid Builders Guild

2. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Is this the Hard Rock Cafe here in Houston? If so, count me in.

I will also post on the Star Garrison boards about this to get some more 501st members for the event. I can also post on the overall Legion forums if they are doing this at Hard Rock cafes in other cities.

3. DarthElizur

DarthElizur Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    Amazingly, I didn't know we had a Hard Rock Cafe here in Houston.

We don't have costumes, but we'll be going to this. Sounds like a blast.

4. Droidmech

Droidmech Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2007
    Yes; this will be held at the Houston Hard Rock Cafe. This is a local event and no other Post Office Branch or Hard Rock will be doing this. The marketing Rep I have been working with wants to have as many people in costime as they can get to really make it an awesome event and to draw out the media. I need to know as quickly as possible how many people can make it in costume as we need to send an offical letter to the Hard Rock to let them know.

Thanks for your interest

Dan S.
    Droid Mech 1st Class
    Droid Builders Guild
    Outer Rim

5. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    OK, I've got this posted on the Star Garrison boards- I'll keep in touch with you as I hear back from the troops. I'm looking forward to this since I am not going to C4, and I'm also a big fan of astromechs so I'll be happy to see them as well!

FanForce meeting at HRC afterwards?

6. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    Another Stormtrooper to add to the list. I cannot stay for long but am good for the first 2 hours.

7. Droidmech

Droidmech Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2007
    Great StormMouse: the more the better. I'll post the final details here as soon as I get them from the Post Office Rep as he is still working out the details wil the Hard Rock.

Dan S.

8. starwarsgeek74

starwarsgeek74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    Add a Scout Trooper to the list of attendees. I'm interested in seeing these droids as well.

9. Droidmech

Droidmech Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2007
    Good to have you on board. Don't see to many Scout Troopers. Looks like we are going to have a good mix of characters.
    Keep watching here for the final details.

Dan S.

10. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    This is looking like a lot of fun. I hope someone brings a camera man to take lots of pictures.

11. Droidmech

Droidmech Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2007
    Hey Guys, I have some maybe bad news on this. The Hard Rock has been dragging thier feet to do it, so the Post Office has deceided to hold it at the Downtown Post Office and has moved up the date to this Friday the 25th, but will still be at 11am. I know this is short notice, but if you can still make it, please let me know as I need to let the Postal Rep know tomorrow. I am still going to be there wil my R6 and Joe will be there with his R2. I realize this is on a Friday and we do have to work. The rep told me today that the promotion will only be for a couple hours starting at 11am and after it's over I have to head off to work. I have a feeling that if we can't get a few troopers and such out there that they will cancel the promotion all together. Please email me directly at "dans1 @pdq .net" (no spaces of course) and let me know. If you can make it I would suggest that you get there at 10:30 am. The Rep told me that they do have an employees restroom that you can use to change into your armor if you need to.

Let me hear from you ASAP

Dan Stuettgen
    Houston R6 Builder

12. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I am out due to work. I cannot swap with anyone. Would have been fun. Do come to one of our meetings. We would like to meet you.

13. Droidmech

Droidmech Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2007
    StormMoose: I was pretty Certin that most all would not be able to attend. I will try to see if they can move it to Saturday. I talked to IAN and a couple others tonight and as it stands, no one will be able to make it, even from the R2 Builders. If the Post Office can't move it to Saturday, then it won't happen. IAN and I talked about the 501st guys and the R2 builders getting together and doing something to celebrate the 30th Anniversary. Maybe going to a Mall and helping promote the sale of Starwars toys at a KB toy store, or going out the the Space center ot doing something at the Science Museum. We still have half the year thatwe can doing stuff in.

Dan Stuettgen
    Droid Builders Guild - Outer Rim
    Droid Mech 1st Class

14. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Too bad about the HRC event being cancelled; I was looking forward to it.

So, forget HRC for our next meeting. We'll find someplace else to go carouse.

The good thing about all this is we have a new forum member, Droidmech, who will hopefully stay involved in this forum and our meetings. It's also good to know we have some astromechs here in H-town!

15. Droidmech

Droidmech Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2007
    Oh I plan on staying involved and informed. There are 4 astromech builders in Houston Myself, Joe Hilburn, Monty Mcgraw and Doug Olson. I have an R6-D1 which has been operational and out and about in Houston for two years and was raced at CIII in Indy. Joe has a Operational and complete R2-D2, Monty has a Operational R2-D2 but needs painting. Doug in working on his R2 and has a HM1 Scrubber Doid about half done and I also have my HM2 Hanger Maintance droid 80% complete with a R3-D3 in the works.

One way or another the Houston Droid Builders and the 501st guys will have some sort of 30th Anniversay Celebration. I have a few ideas that I will be kicking around with Ian.

Dan S.
    Droid Mech 1st Class

16. Droidmech

Droidmech Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2007
    Just got off the phone with the post office rep and they are going to be doing something tomorrow but on a limited scale since none of the 501st or R2 guys can be there, but he did say that he has to talk to his Boss, but it is a very good possibility that they will do another promotion on the 2nd like previously planed, that way they can have all the storm troopers and Droids there. I think they finally realized that trying to set this up on a short notice and on a week day was impractical for getting the peopel there that they wanted.

I'll keep you informed.

Dan S.

17. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I will try to keep Sat morning free. I would enjoy suiting uo and meeting you guys.

18. Droidmech

Droidmech Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2007
    Final update on this event. I talked to the post office guy and he said that they went a head and had the promotion on Friday. He said that they rented a couple storm Trooper costumes as well as a Darth Vader and had a Yoda there as well. The have the Chronicle and a couple TV stations there to cover it, but I never saw anything on TV about it. He also said that they won't be doing anything on the 2nd after all. So it's a dead issue to try to do something with them. It kinda ticks me off a bit though as if I had not contacted the post office in the first palce to get something set up they would never had done anything and then after all the work I put into it, the change the date to do it so that I could not attend with my droids or have any of the 501st guys there as well.

I have a couple other things I am working on which I hope will turn out better and will keep you all posted.

Thanks for your interest and I hope this doesn't dampen your interest for doing other events.

Dan S.
    Houston Droid Builder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.