main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH SW and Conventions

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by maramijade, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    I just got back from an Ikasucon meeting, and something interesting came up when I was lamenting the fact that Celebration has moved to the west coast leaving this area SW convention- less. . . and it was mentioned that why don't I just start one. . .

That got me day dreaming here. What would make a convention the Perfect Star Wars convention?

These are a few of the things we came up with

1. Cosplay

2. Pannels and workshops

• Fiction/ writings/ artwork etc

• Fandom and life

• Costuming

3. Gaming

• RPG

• Larping

• Laser Tag

• LAN?

4. Video Rooms?

5. Game shows

6. Vendors room?

Also, SW has been a big deal for quite a while.. . why arn't there a crap ton of conventions for it like there are for Star Trek? I know it's not because we arn't a motivated group of fans, there are tons of fan groups, I mean just look at the 501st, the Rebel Aliance and even TF.N We are organized. Is there some issue with licencing that Lucas only wants Celebration here in the US?

Any thoughts? Ideas? Discussion?

2. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Somehow, it wouldn't surprise me if it were a licensing issue. It seems that I can remember a big fiasco around six or seven years ago where Lucas wanted the smack put down on even private web sites that had Star Wars content on them.

Oddly enough, I can't remember whatever happened with it all.

3. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Most "Star Trek" Cons are ususally Scifi conventions. it's just the majority of the participants, vendors, and workshops specialize in Star Trek franchise.

That's how you get around the liscence. just make it a Scifi Con but headline with Star Wars stuff.

savvy? ;) :-B [face_peace] :cool: [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.