main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA SW and people who just don't get it

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Chris-Stacina_Rajinn, Aug 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    My parents like SW, but they're not exactly that well versed in the subject. My dad is a bit on the dimside when it comes to a lot of things, and while my mom likes SW she doesn't really take the time to notice things. And as far as reading the books is concerned I don't think I've ever seen my dad read a book in my life!

2. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    My mom sees me read the books. I literally tonight sat down and wrote a list of the 'most wanted' books. I told her that (hint, hint) these were items I'd like for my birthday. ^_^
    As for the movies, my mom's seen most- not ep. I or II, but she's seen the OT enough that she knows that Vader is Luke's dad.

3. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    my parents don't understand Star Wars but they don't pretend to either. Chris-Stacina's dad is so clueless, although our Jar-Jar loving friend threw us a curve ball one time, Stace said Luke got his hand cut off in the next scene, and our friend asks So he doesn't have a hand in the next movie? and we both got confused, and for a second we forgot he did, then Stace was like oh yeah he has a cybernetic hand and i was like oh yeah...duh!!! but it was funny.

4. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I got an e-mail from a woman I work with. It was just one line "Saw this and thought of you" with an attachment . . . a list of newly released Star TREK games and books. Sigh. I didn't have the heart to correct her, so I just said thanks.

5. hardyharharitsjarjar

hardyharharitsjarjar Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2002
    stacina... you forgot about the ewoks!!!, and for the record, I liked episode 2 and episode 6!!

6. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

ACK! Dude, Zanni? Is that you? *Eep*

7. karateyoda17

karateyoda17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    I guess for the most part, my dad is pretty good with star wars itself. He hates most EU.......though I do too somewhat, and he HATES ewoks, but in some ways I do too. My god, he cant stand um, atleast I can stand them for alittle. He also HATES boss nass. As for Jar Jar well, he likes jar jar alot....and he like Vader and Dooku I think the most. He knows most his stuff when it comes to SW, just the basics but somewhat more then most would expect. My grandmother was BAD though.....she sat down and wached ESB with me and as soon as han cuts the taun taun open thats when she asked "Hhow can you stand this gore" .....it only got worse and worse and was really bad when lukes hand gets choped off. I never hear the end of it lol, but atleast she accepts it and is nice about it. My real grandfather HATES star wars, and hates everyone into it.......so he hates me, but hes a jerk so I dont care!

8. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Hey...Jar-Jar...are you Zanni??? zanni the blue ghostie? AAAhhh is this pay back for when we stole your identity???? what are you doing here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.