main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW/AU Crossover Planning thread - BEWARE OF SPOILERS!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Mar17swgirl, May 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    OK, everyone (by everyone I mean Mely, Tim, Luney, Arna, Mara, Marie, Em, and myself, plus Qwi, Sticks, Am, and TJG in case they'd like to join. ;)), here's the deal. Yesterday I got this twisted crazy idea about a Star Wars/AU Crossover (yes, you heard right). I presented it in the AIM chatroom and people decided to write it with me as a planned round robin.

So here's the summary I have sent in a PM to the people that are already in, but I'm posting it here too, in case someone needs a quick reference and doesn't want to dig through his/her PMs. ;)

STAR WARS - Attack of the Clones: Are you a good Luke or a Bad Luke?

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

... there were two parallel universes.

In one, the history was in order, just like we know it from the movies. Bad Empire, led by Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader, and the good Rebel Alliance with heroes like Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and many others, who were fighting for peace and justice against the Empire.

The parallel universe is, however, much different. Here's the backstory:

After Anakin's turn to the Dark Side, Padme disappeared and went into hiding in a refugee camp on a small Outer Rim world, where the Empire had no presence. There she spent the 23 years of isolation, and everyone presumed she was dead.

Han Solo is the real King of Corellia. However, since Corellia had been democracy for some time, he keeps his identity secret and travels around the galaxy in his luxurious ship, Millennium Falcon (which looks vaguely similar to the real Falcon, but is brand new and shiny, yet overmodified nevertheless). From time to time he smuggles something (just for the excitement it brings), but he never ows anything to anybody. While on a short stop on Tatooine he met with Luke Skywalker and Ben Kenobi and... well, the rest of ANH is the same thing we know from the movies. ;)

Let's jump three years forward. On Bespin, Darth Vader met with Luke. After Luke refused to join him and fell down into the bottomless pit, Vader flew back to Coruscant. But only shortly after the Executor made the hyperspace jump, they were brought back into realspace by a hyperdrive malfunction. By pure accident (or the will of the Force), they ended up near the small planet where Padme was hiding and Vader sensed her presence there. He couldn't believe it (he was convinced she was dead), and took a shuttle to the surface, ordering the Executor to regroup with the Fleet. There, he reunited with Padme. While spending some time with her, she managed to bring him back to the good side. She decides to get back to the Alliance (she was there when it was founded) and takes Vader with her.

Meanwhile, the Millennium Falcon is ambushed by Emperor's Noghri commandos and Luke and Leia are taken captive (they let Han go) and brought before the Emperor. Eventually, with Palpatine constantly corrupting their minds, they're turned to the Dark Side. So they kinda make it up to him for the lost Vader, and Palpy figured out that the two powerful twins are better than their old father who's half-man-half-machine anyways.

Padme and Vader are now part of the Alliance. They have teamed up with Mara Jade, a Jedi Knight who is in fact Obi-Wan's long lost daughter (trained by Yoda on Dagobah, since her presence on Tatooine, together with Obi-Wan and Luke, would be too recognizable) and together they form the "Jedi part" of the Alliance (Padme is part of it because she now follows Vader everywhere, and he would never leave her alone now).

And here's where our story starts.

It takes place between TESB and ROTJ. In the normal universe, Han is frozen in carbonite and Leia with Luke and Lando try to rescue him, while the Alliance struggles to fight the Empire. In the AU universe, Vader, Padme, and Mara are going on a mission with Han on the Falcon searching for a good planet for the new Rebel base. What they don't know, is that Luke and Leia learned about this mission and are secretly following them, t

2. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I am checking in ;)

3. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Sticks, reporting for duty...

4. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Hehehehehe . . . *rubs hands gleefully*

5. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    "Red Three, standing by."

-Tim

6. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    Couldn't think of a clever check in.

So, I'm uh, checking in. ;)

7. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    *Mara glances down at the map in her hands and looks around in confusion*

Yes... this would be the right place... :D

Let the insanity begin!!!! :D

8. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    OK, we've got majority of the people checked in. ;)

So. Now we need a decent plot - what happens after the counter egos meet. What we've come up in the AIM chat was all great and funny, but it all were just little scenes and/or funny lines. I think we need at least a vague story arc so we know where we want to take this story.

Any suggestions? :D

P.S.: I had an idea for one scene, which could happen pretty early in the story - the good AU gang goes with Luke and Leia rescue Han from Jabba the Hutt (no, the Alliance doesn't have the Death Star plans yet - remember, this is between TESB and ROTJ). Of course, there would be a funny scene where the two Hans meet. ;)

9. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Wow, I hadn't expected this was going to be humor! It will definately be funny with all these writers. However, I am unsure whether or not I would like to read or write this.

But I will certainly stay around and help with ideas :D

10. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Of course, TJG. :) We always welcome new ideas and suggestions. You wanna join? Great! You don't want to join? Fine as well. ;)

11. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    *puppy eyes* I would love to write the scene where the two Hans meet . . . *more puppy eyes*

12. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    I have some (IMO) good ideas for Good Vader speaking with various Imperial officers.

-Tim

13. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    Hey Mar! I remember you telling me about this, and although I'm not sure if you'd like me to join the writing team or not, can I share some ideas?

I think that when the two Hans meet, they should play Sabacc together, and try to outcheat each other...

And sorry, the first thing I thought of with a good vader was him in white, not black, and it looked strangely like Saturday Night Fever...

14. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Yeah, great idea with the sabaac, Pete. *starts hearing dialogue in her head* No! Not the voices! Make them stop!!!

15. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    LOL, Em! [face_laugh]

Sure Peter, you can join! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.