main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN SW Blog

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by vaderisone, Mar 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaderisone

vaderisone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002
    In the 5400.. thread Steve the Garbageman suggested a new thread to get more posting started much as in the same spirit as the 5400 thread or the counting up thread or the countless others that we use for our secret mission to eliminate the Milwookies.

Musictrooper..aka Ed came through with an idea to create a post to have people talk about some connection they had that day with the SW universe. He went on to say that this could even be just logging on and thinking of others on this board.

Well as one who would love to crush the Milwookies from the evil planet of Wisconsin I appreciated the idea and am getting it started with a SW blog.

2. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    Yesterday I spent some time with my son working on my new SW themed room. As some of you have been to my house have seen the room I am designating to my current and ever expanding of SW gear. Currently 75% of my stuff is in totes and not given there true love.

A good deal of time was spent cleaning stuff, dusting, removing batteries in toys that were boxed and no longer working. No significant progress was made but good memories were brought about in remembering the hunt to find the toys.

I am hoping to have some of our group over to help give some ideas on displaying my collection.

May the Force Be With You Always

3. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    I still think it would have been awesome if you would have gotten the display shelves from Media Play before they closed...

Star Wars related? Um... I played SW RPG last night with some friends. Steve the Garbageman died in like the first 5 minutes. It was fun times had by all.

4. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

Your idea on Media Play was most awesome; however when I got the message I was in Florida and when I got back work exploded and I never ever recovered. So I am SOL, but I do know the Sam Goode store in the mall is suffering the same fate, they are owned by the same company so I will have to watch more carefully.

Today continued cleaning and dusting. Came across a vintage C-3PO and vintage Luke both 12 inch and in box. I was given those as a gift. I wish I was still getting those type of gifts today. MTBWYA

5. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    wow, an SW Blog, simply brillant:)

and so KUDOS to vaderisone, for starting the thread,
    by deciphering what ever I posted into ...uh....exactly what I meant,
    and I didn't even know it at the time.

Believe it or not, I was trying to figure out how to get my
    Darth Vader PEZ dispenser (the silver looking one with glowing eyes)
    to stop sticking shut when closed. It is so hard to open, I fear
    pulling the head off.

In other news, getting PEZ.COM to fill my order for PEZ,
    has not been working out to well.

or

Placed the order 11-30-05 and they still have not filled it.

phone calls are politely answered with call back next month!

What a life, Pez and Star Wars:)

6. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    How Star Wars has affected my life recently?

1. BDZ found a couple of boxes of fruit roll-ups in our basement and I stopped him from feeding them to the boys when the price tag said 2002, so BDZ dumped them into the trash, broke the boxes down and put them into recycling. THEN I realized, we could've sold them to VIO for hundreds of dollars, if BDZ hadn't opened the boxes, lol.

2. Had to stop multiple attempts at duels this morning, when our niece got hold of the Darth Maul saber.

(Wow, I'm so proud of myself for actually answering to the topic at hand, lol)

7. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    Why is it, nobody can do a decent spinoff on SW. I realize that the Clone War Cartoons were successful and I enjoyed them.

However prior to this event everything was lame. I tried to sit with my 3 y/o soon to be 4 and watch the Cartoon series Droids and man did it suck. They had lame characters who looked more like characters from Seasemee Street rather than SW.

How hard is it, get some storm troppers, couple light sabers, some ships that fly in space and how can you go wrong.

My blog for the day.

8. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    Can not decide if I should try and get the
    George Lucas StormTrooper figure....

always, thought StormTroopers should be Left Handed,
    but have no idea if George is left or right handed.

oh well, more research:)

http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/toyfair06/hasbro06/indexfiles/P1010173.JPG.jpg

[image=http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/toyfair06/hasbro06/indexfiles/P1010173.JPG.jpg]

9. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    I sudenlly realized that I had not posted for.. well let's just say a long time. I started reading MedStar again after a slow start. As I was telling VIO on Friday, I could not get into this book but it is starting to get better.

10. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    I haven't read a good SW book in a while (the pre-SW3 novel being the last). Any recommendations? Are the new post-NJO books out yet?

11. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    I agree, got to get into a Star Wars book, think I would like
    to focus on what comes after ROTJ.

12. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

I say get the Storm Trooper, nice figure and good detail (really looks like Lucas).

I wrote a review of the latest SW book I read and it is solid, not as good as Labrynth of Evil but not bad.

Hey BDZ, when was your book released?

No good updates, the cleaning continues almost daily as I am attempting to get my collection in one room by next week. Of course when everything is out of the totes that will be most impressive.

Vaderisone

13. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Aiden thought he was Darth Vader today, when he put the headrest cover to the recliner over his face and walked around mumbling in a deep dark voice and breathing like Vader

Dude, you wrote a review of a book? Did I read that right? I barely did that when it was assigned in school, lol. Just teasing you!

14. garbagge59

garbagge59 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    today star wars has affected me by having me come here and read a star wars based forum.

15. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    ref the book review.....post it?
    or the link?

I was called Darth ebay at work. I will take the above advice
    to start the quest for my George Lucas StormTrooper.

16. JediMasterDerek

JediMasterDerek Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2005
    OKay, I'll bite on to the 'blog' thang..

Speaking of finding old SW snacks, I was cleaning out the pantry and found I still had the Star Wars branded Pop-Tarts. Are those things like Twinkies and have a shelf-life of a century?

And XMav, SW RPG sounds like fun. I would love to play sometime.

End of Blog entry.

Kenobi out.

17. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

The review is on this forum and is under Book Review. I can go more in depth but wanted to not give away spoilers

18. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    Todays Blog.....off to suggested forum to check out the revies, and then post back
    here is that this is what I am doing for star wars today in addition to reading this
    forum......oh, and am also searching starwars.com for more info on
    Hasbros "Unltimate Galatic Hunt"......or UGH for short.....gosh, that doesn't look right

19. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

I don't have much SW related info to post. We as a family have just started recovering from the Avian Flu and our household is just getting back to normal. My attention has been more directed to Michigan State and were they are going to be playing in the NCAA tournament. They are a 6th seed and open up in Dayton Ohio vs. George Mason. I was especially happy to see that the university of michigan (a trade school in ann arbor) will not be going to the tournament for the 11th straight year.

Go State

20. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    ref book review,

"Dark Lord: The rise of Darth Vader"

ok, sounds interesting,

also spent time planning trips to INDY to visit Star Wars fans
    I know there, and maybe, even on to Bloomington.

Spent some time organinzing SW toys, and armor parts.

also re-searched the Lucas StormTrooper action figure,
    and will be getting it.

Also had a chance to show a friend my copy of Dressing a Glaxay,
    and while watching the DVD that came with it, noticed that
    George held a pen and did drawing with his right hand,
    which sort of answers an earlier question I had on this thread,
    and so, am thinking that George is right handed.

and then I.......ok, enought about me and Star Wars for now:)

how is Star Wars and you?

21. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Has anyone played Empire at War? Thoughts?

22. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    Ref Empire at War......oh, forgot to mention that as part of my weekend Star Wars activities:)

uh....well, I do not own one, because you need what I call a real computer,

However, I have a younger relative, who is also a gamer, and watched him
    open up the box, load it on someone elses laptop, and had the tutorial game play,
    running perfectly in under 30-minutes, and it looked and sounded pretty darn good
    to me.......Truely, it seemed more role playing, and less arcade like, and I kinda
    prefer Arcade and first person shooter stuff, but this looked good enought to
    be the reason I get a new computer (egads, my old one is from around 1997,
    amazing that it still loads AOL 4.0)

on a side note, do most of my board visiting while using much faster
    computers at work.

Given some of the game-failures, that have come out of LFL, I am
    hopeful that someone else can add to this.

In other news, worked on my taxes today, and that is related to Star Wars,
    because that is what the refund will be spent on:)

how, ever, not enough for a new computer....drats!

23. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

I think I will blog today on the Top 10 Things I Liked About "The Phantom Menace"

I chose this as most people did not like this film; however, I liked it overall. I enjoyed it while it was at the theatres and this was pre-kids so I went more than after kids to ROTS. I will list one or two at a time and go from there.\

#10 Jar Jar Binks....I know this thread has lost some major credibility at this post and maybe I will no longer beable to call myself a member of the South Bend FanForce. But look what he represents to people like you and me. This might be the biggest dork, nerd, and all around unlikeliest hero out there, yet he takes care of some major business in the SW world.

My take is most of us are also very dorky, nerdy, very unherolike; yet this shows we can make a difference. So lets not make a mockery of this Gungan version of Steve Erkle, lets embrace his nerd-dom and run with it in our own lives.

24. JediMasterDerek

JediMasterDerek Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2005
    Just a quickie...

Found that the Star Wars Shop is taking pre-orders for cool "Exclusive Skywalker Ranch Logo Adult T-shirt":

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=104849

Sure wish my birthday was sooner....

JMD

25. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    ok..T-Shirt, looks cool, may have to get this one:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.