main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Books

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Matara_Healbo, Aug 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matara_Healbo

Matara_Healbo Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2000
    Lets talk about the SW books here. Also if you have spoilers, please make sure that they are visible to others so you don't ruin it for them.

2. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    i just have a lil question since I dont read hardly any of the books. (that whole cannoon thing..) anyway..is there a book where Luke returns to Obi Wans hut and finds all the info on the Jedi order and training stuff ect?

3. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I guess you could consider Shadows of the Empire close to it. It's how he found out how to construct a lightsaber.

4. ImDaBudge

ImDaBudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    What books do you want to talk about?

I've read most of them, so I'd be glad to talk about books.

5. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I finished Traitor this morning. It's good, course it takes forever to get into it.

6. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I've read nearly all the books. Even the little kiddie ones, they are enjoyable and a quick read.

7. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    I liked Traitor quite a bit. The only thing negative about The New Jedi Order series is that I have to wait for the new books. I waited two months to read Traitor and it took me a weekend to read it.

I just got around to reading Rouge Squadron... I liked it. I think the series is going to have to tide me over until the next NJO.

8. galaxy419

galaxy419 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    Sorry to butt in on the conversation, but has anyone ever read the Darth Maul Journal?

Now i know its a kids book, and thats what i thought when my friend recommended it to me, but when i started it, i couldn't put it down!! Its short (maybe 110pgs) but VERY enthralling! It's one must read if you like "Sith" stuff.

Another one is "Shadow Hunter", about Darth Maul, very good reading!

ok, thats all, sorry again about the butt in thing :)

I lived in Provo for like 10 years, so i check the boards often, plus no one on my city boards likes to talk about books ?[face_plain] go figure.

peace~~

9. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]That's ok, we're better anyway. :p[/color]

10. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I've read the Dath Maul journal, trying to get me to remember what it had in it though is the hard part. I also liked Shadow Hunter.

It took me almost a month to read Traitor, I just couldn't get into it at first but once things started to pick up then I couldn't put it down.

11. CorranHorn242

CorranHorn242 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Yeah, Rob, the X-Wing series were some of my favorites. And I've read all but 3 of the books currently available AT LEAST once. Stackpole I think has a grasp of the technical side that totally appeals to one as geeky as I. Do yourself a favor and keep reading the series-- It's good stuff.

12. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    I've liked them tons so far. Now I just have to wait for the Library to get the next book in so I can read it. I can't believe that all 12 copies of The Krytos Trap can be checked out at the same time.

13. CorranHorn242

CorranHorn242 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    I've got all of them. If you need to borrow them, I am willing to do that. Just let me know.

14. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I have the books as well. Course my books are still in mint condition and I've read them all about 5 times. so if you don't break the spin on them I'd let you borrow them.

15. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    In that case I'll just use the library's copies. I like to chew on the books I read. Honestly, I bite them.

16. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Wahoo 2 Zahn novels next year. :D *does a happy dance* Thanks for the info Rob, I'll go and pick up the newest NJO one tomorrow.

17. Pounce

Pounce Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    Rob? You chew on books? How goat-like.

As far as Luke's getting info on the Jedi, he managed to get the records from a spaceborn Jedi academy in the book "The Courtship of Princess Leia", a personal fave. I run an rpg based on the witches of Dathomir and have been lucky enough to have the author, Dave Wolverton, attend one of our parties. What a great guy!

I read Shadow Hunter and liked it. There was one book though (I can't even remember the title) that came out around the same time as S.H. that was so technical and 'fancy' worded (heehee...ain't I smart?) that I couldn't force myself to finish it. It seemed like the author was merely trying to impress us all with his enormous vocabulary. (perhaps he was trying to make up for something?) That's all I have to say now.

*wanders back to her corner

18. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Yes I'm debating on whether or not I let him borrow some of mine, I like my books in one piece. ;)

19. Darth_Doug

Darth_Doug Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    I went the way of the library last summer. One suggestion: call the library to make sure that a book listed in their catalog is actually on the shelf. Especially the paperbacks have a nasty habit of wandering off. (Maybe THAT's how some people build their collections :eek: ) I would also suggest both SL City and County libraries.
    http://www.slco.lib.ut.us/webclient.html
    http://salty.slcpl.lib.ut.us/
    tfn has a nice timeline to figure out what order to read 'em too.
    http://www.theforce.net/timeline/
    Enjoy!

20. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    That's what I've done Doug. I hop on the website, reserve the book and it comes to my local library and waits for me to pick it up. It's a sweet deal.

21. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    See I did that when I first started to read the EU but now I just go and buy the book. Sure it could be a waste of money incase the book isn't good and all but I don't see buying a book a waste of money.

22. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    I just don't have the money to buy them. Maybe in the future I'll buy the ones that I really like.

23. mini_pounce

mini_pounce Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2002
    The Courtships of Princess Leia is the best! WOO HOO! Witches kick butt! BOOYA!

~I'm a witch of dathomir mess with me and i'll... *trips* OOF!~

YAY!

24. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    That's actually one of the few novels I haven't read.

25. Pounce

Pounce Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    Heehee! It's a great book complete with bumbling romance Han Solo style and a wonderfully whiny Luke! Not to mention a whole slew of kick-butt force sensitive weemen!

'Kiss my wookie!'

Woot!

Amy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.