main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming SW Card Trader

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darthmaul208, Jul 13, 2015.

1. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    How can you tell if someone gave you a low rating? I wonder that after sending out a bunch of trade offers that I think are fair, but they're just not interested I guess. Things like eBay ratings are very transparent when someone doesn't give you 5 stars, but it seems harder to tell on the card trader app.

2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Just observation. I only have a few trades at a time so when it is accepted I can see the rating change usually.

3. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    That's how it is for me. I only recently passed 100 trades, but around 60 I was at 5 stars, then about 5 or 10 trades later it dropped sharply to about 3.5 Working my way back to 4.5 now, but you can see it drop every now and then and typically it's from trades I reject, as I'm quite generous when sending offers, and if I reject, I try to either counter with what I think is fair or say why I didn't take it.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  4. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I think I found someone to give just one star to.
    I was looking through the comments on the article about the Resistance vs First Order thread and aomeone said they were allowing dupes for dupes even if they had them-so as to help you out-. He said he had assisted 81 times so I put in mine and it was declined. "I don't need this card". He clearly lied and wasted my time.

he-guy likes this.
  5. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Is it "forefinger"? User has a similar message, but now "over 150" resistance vs trades.

So, I confirmed the lousy award system for this today. In order to get the daily white card, you actually have to get the 3 required blue cards straight from the 25k credit packs. We had some credits saved up and lucked out in getting the award the first day, but now Topps would like you to burn through credits for cards you may already own and pull 3 specific inserts in a 10 hour window!

I really enjoy this app for the TRADER aspect, it is in the name afterall. I guess this is Topps' way of controlling outside sales of cards. This is the first time I've seen an award work like this, but I really hope its not a sign of things to come.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  6. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Might be, it has disappeared from the trade window now.

The game does seem hellbent on making cards hard to get. I am happy to complete the basic set and not worry about awards and other variants.

*I'm going to be a hypocrite now:
    Why isn't there a ESB illustrated award card?
    Why didn't I get the gold TFA faction pack card? Is this handed out at the end?

Also
    I found an actual player who had a Darth Maul Pink base variant the one with a count of 10.

I have a duplicate blue Rey's speeder if anyone gets any others that I don't have send me a trade.

7. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    If anyone is wanting Luminaries cards I have several dupes, feel free to send me an offer.

8. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I know the ESB Illustrated was 100 cards in the real life packs, maybe they didn't think to come up with something for an award?

I'm not sure on that gold TFA card. If it's for the current resistance vs first order set, we'll have to wait till after the 11 day program finishes.

9. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Just suprised me to be honest. 100 cards is alot. Still have one more to go though.

The gold RvFO is erratic. Obviously I am biased because I'm in the Uk and so the times are wrong for me but topps should do something about that. I think they are coming later on every few days.

I actually managed to complete the blue set though!

I have a few #1 Rey Speeder card dupes available if anyone wants them.

I wasn't planning on collecting the orange Halloween base variants but I managed to get 5 from the free packs so I thought what the hell, I will try. So I did and I completed the set.

I have a dupe Space Slug if anyone wants it.

The RvFO award comes next Thursday and the Halloween base varaint Maul comes on Halloween!

The new whiteout packs seems to be a joke of a set so I wouldn't touch it.
    The Random Rey pack is apparently quite good.

10. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I like this new Journey to the Force Awakens set - same as the real life card set. My plan to build this by December is just hoard credits and buy the packs for 7500 one day a week. This will give me some green variants for trade bait as well.

Still waiting on that orange Darth Maul though.

11. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I was going to collect it but I've changed my mind. I don't think I can realistically do it without making sacrifices.
    I brought four cards already though, might give them away but not at the moment. The problem with a big set is a)cost b)size c)locked into ine pack/set. With ESB I missed out on quite a lot of TFA packs.

I prefer guaranteed cards now and really had fun collecting Halloween.
    The Maul card came today but it appears under awards instead of in the base variant section -I wish it grouped the cards numerically. Ie Halloween BSV 1-10 and then 11 award.
    The Imperial officers set looks stupidly crazy for Two days! I think some of this stuff is just silly.
    Uh well.

12. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    The Halloween set was cool, and I agree that all cards need a number on the front or preferably the back. The Resistance vs. First order cards were confusing as there were multiple Kylo Ren cards and you had to collect certain ones without easily knowing which was which.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  13. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I tried to get the Darth Maul Halloween award and was trading like crazy at the last minute. I got all the "monsters" but apparently 3 minutes too late as I didn't get the Maul award and Topps didn't budge when I asked for a break...

I'm doing the JTTFA set and missing about 15 of them. Not too bad as I've been doing the saving credits & buying master access for cheaper packs thing.

Anybody chasing the McQuarrie "space paintings"? I'm a huge fan of his work and trying to collect the gray versions since apparently they're easier to get than the oranges.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  14. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I passed on them, at the time I was collecting something else and just decided I probably wouldn't be able to catch up. Sorry about that. I like them though because admittedly I haven't seen ,uch of his art.

I have four Journey cards but I don't think I want to part with them at the moment.

Did you do Teal Tuesday? Or know what happened with it?
    I did collectwd them all only to find a message saying they refunded me some credits because they replaced a card. From what I gather the Naboo Pilots card changed and it was a different card to what was initially released.
    I got 50,000 free anyway!
    There isn't anything to buy at the moment.

I tried the digital watercolours but I ended up with naught for most of the week so gave up.

I wish the award cards would stack under their respective variant, especially the base ones. I think from now on I will do Teal Tuesday because the trading is most fun and completing sets, and it is actually possible.

Digital watercolours just seemed to be a joke.

15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    No worries on parting with you JTTFA cards. I made a large trade and am only 10 cards away from completing it. Woot!

I pass on the differently-colored base cards, generally, like teal. I like to see new artwork (at least new in the app, if not in real life) in my cards. However, it can be frustrating chasing some of the inserts. I also tried the watercolors with no luck. Although I picked up a B/W Boba today by buying a 99 cent pack (and got the discounted JTTFA pack). I'll trade for them, but not chasing them.

If you have any OCD tendencies, this is definitely not the app for you! ;)

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  16. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    That is probably what it is. I'm not diagnosed but I guess somethings like that annoy me.

The inserts are hit and miss, sometimes good, sometimes bad. Depends. I like a card guaranteed and a set to collect but sometimes it just seems crazy. The battle of Yavin teal set for instance was just insane.

17. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I skipped the Teal Tuesday cards this week in order to save credits for the journey to the Force awakens cards. I've been collecting them the other weeks though recently as they are cool and cheap. As much as I'd like the McQuarie painting cards I'm skipping those too as I think it would cost a lot to try to get them all, but I really do like the recently released Gorax card. Kind of makes me wish they would do a whole set of Ewoks movies cards :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  18. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Ditto!

BTW, I have two spare teals from this week's set.

19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Got all the blue Journey to TFA cards. Whew!

Ewok Poet likes this.
  20. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Congrats! :)

I have the right number, but many of them are dupes. I had two trades from cubman987 in the last couple of days and since he's obviously far more proactive than I'll ever be, just thought I'd thank him. :)

Also, DieWompRatDie , I have some spare grey space paintings and I'm looking for one missing orange. Given how they all look the same and how there is now the second batch of the set, I still need to determine which one I actually need.

Looking for missing Jabba Palace and comic book cards, too.

cubman987 likes this.
  21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I have a few dupes if you would like them. I have dupes of 36, 37, 41, 52, 75, and 78.

Yeah, collecting the space paintings was a bit difficult that way. Especially since there are two waves. They're supposedly doing the award for the first wave on Thursday, if you have all a color.

I only have orange of ones you have, so I can't help you there. Sorry. Good luck!

22. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Finished the Journey to the Force Awakens set today (thank goodness)....I've got a couple extras of the new teals, if anyone needs them send me a trade.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  23. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I managed to pick up 7 Ahsoka spectrum yes 7 to get the black variant and then I got a dupe!. I traded it with someone for the black Padme and then he gave me some more spectrums for helping him out. It's been a good week for me. Oh and the Ahsoka Her universe white card! I reached 1000 unique cards with that card. So I'm happy.

So I heard it's "thanksgiving" for you guys in America. Looks like Card trader have a lot planned. Summary of what's going to be released.
    http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=24456

Looks like we have a black carded version of the "promotional shots" that were previously released with a blue background, red and yellow. Missed these first time round so I'm likely to go for these, hopefully I will manage it.
    [​IMG]

Looks like a lot of marathons are coming. A new series called Droids on Monday as well.

jthornto likes this.
  24. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Anyone going for the black bordered TFA cards? They look cool but yeah they're the exact same thing as the blue (or red or yellow) ones we already have and at 1 and 70 odds... too rich for my blood

25. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I've got them in blue, so I'm good. If the base variant isn't free, like the crimson, I'm going to pass. There's lots of other great art out there. Like Moment's Edge, which I'd still like to complete some day.

Lots of great stuff out and on the horizon. The Vintage people went totally ape-poop over. I tried to get the new film quotes today, but spent 230,000 credits on Boba Fett base packs and came up empty handed. That hurts...