main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming SW Card Trader

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darthmaul208, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Redromad

Redromad Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2015
    New to this site but not card trader. Always looking for trades. Same name: Redromad

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    @Redromad
    Hello There.
    Hope to start trading.
    Should I do a roll call of those that have put there names up? I think I have most as friends anyway.

I finally found someone to trade for the teal ASP card in exchange for the pink ASP. Today I got the Pink Medical droid- a count of 55 at 3 hours after release. Now to track down the Teal card! Do you think it's easier to get closer to the release?
    Similar experience with Spectrum it took just 7000 to get my first boba and then another 4000 to get another. Compare that to the Ahsoka spectrum that I got about one hour from end of window and that was 11000 for each one roughly. Took 6 of them to get the black award card and then I picked another pack and got another.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  3. Redromad

Redromad Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2015
    Darthmaul208
    I looked for you on there and was unable to find you. I found Ewokpoet and hit him up with a trade. I have had some issues making trades as I seem to base my trades off of the number count of the card and have only had a few people accept. I mean if you have four cards that are in the 30k range and I offer a card in the 7-9k range, that to me is fair. Obviously asthetics play a part but the bottom line is numbers. Oh well.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  4. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Looks like you're making good progress on the base cards, Redromad. I sent you a trade to help you start to fill in those gaps. Feel free to hit me up with a trade anytime.

I'd recommend checking out the Reddit page on the SW Card Trader app here: https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarstrader/wiki/helpfullinks.

5. Redromad

Redromad Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2015
    I appreciate it. I have completed the base sets through yellow and have about 80 gold. If I have hole it because I keep trading up through smugglers den to get higher base cards.

6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Gotcha. What inserts or base variants are you interested in?

7. Redromad

Redromad Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2015
    I have started taking a liking to schematics and resources but the completed versions get few looks from other I have offered them to. I like some older sets like the Geonosis set and the reflections set but people seem very tight fisted on those. I'm not into the artsy kind of cards. An example of the type I like are the four Battlefront cards. Vivid colors and great photography

8. Redromad

Redromad Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2015
    FYI, I put you on my friends list last night but didn't have time to check your cards and offer a trade.

9. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Schematics and resources are the redheaded stepchild of the game right now. [Sorry to all you redheaded stepchildren out there].

Battlefronts WV are cool, but, yeah, it can be tough to find people willing to trade those older sets. Reflections is still quite popular with fans.

I'm always willing to trade dupes and good luck gathering the golds.

10. Redromad

Redromad Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2015
    I am looking for white clone troopers. Send all you have if you are not using them for other purposes. In all fairness there is an offer in smugglers den for 40 clone troopers to get the pink one

11. Redromad

Redromad Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2015

Disregard, I was looking at it on my phone and it is 40 GOLD, not white. What an idiot I am

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Is anyone else collecting the Path to the Dark Side cards? I know I'm never going to get enough to shred for the awards but I do want to get at least one of all the Metal cards, I've got some dupes to trade for ones I need if anyone else is doing this.

Also, I hate how they are doing Fans Choice now, it was the only marathon that was easy to do before and now it depends on what time they decide to drop it on Wednesday.

13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I had a couple you needed and sent you a trade for dupes of old inserts, if you're interested. Counter if there's something else you'd like to give for those PttDS cards.
    Thanks!

cubman987 likes this.
  14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yep that works for me, thanks!

and for everyone else if I have a dupe of a card you want I'll almost certainly trade it for cards I need.

15. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @Redromad Oh I should have clarified my name on card trader is MASTERKOTH (see signature). I sent a trade earlier for 9 blues so it will be under your accepted trades and then you can add me.

I have two of the Battlefronts dupes available. I had another but traded it for something else. I'd be happy to trade them for something. Don't know what- I'm a bit pinickity on what I collect and trade. Probably Teals or Spectrum.

I'm not collecting Path to the Dark Side too big a set and it limits what you can collect for that month.

Managed this weeks Teal Tuesday just so that's always a good thing.

Do you think it's worth trying to get a Teal medical droid now or to wait save my credits then when the next one comes, hopefully pick up duplicates and then trade them?

16. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I picked up some path to the dark side cards in the Rey pack and was able to trade it for the white Her Universe ahsoka tano card. Seemed like a good deal to me.

DieWompRatDie and Darthmaul208 like this.
  17. Redromad

Redromad Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2015
    Looking for Geonosis and Yavin series that I don't have. I have a question for all of you that I will throw out there as I'm curious. Do you all level up your base cards through smuggler's den or just let them collect as is? My example would be leveling up five white to one blue.

18. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I just collected/stockpiled the base cards as I opened packs. I wasn't in any rush...except for those last 30 or so yellows that I wasn't getting. I traded to get the awards for those completed.

Although, the new wrinkle, is those base cards are series 1 and 2. Rumor has it that series 3 will be released in 2016 and series 1 and 2 won't be available anymore. They'll all be labelled as "Sold Out." So, perhaps you should Smuggler's Den them up to complete the sets while you still can.

19. Redromad

Redromad Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2015
    Where are all the checklists for older sets? One of the features I like in the other apps (Bunt and Huddle) is that it has all the subsets broken down to allow me to see how many I have completed. The star wars app only shows me a few of the most current for instance Jabba's Palace.

RR

20. Redromad

Redromad Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2015
    I found a website last night that has checklists and pictures of the cards in the app but can't find it now that I'm at work. I will post later

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  21. Redromad

Redromad Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2015
    The website is called starwarscardtraderapp.com. If you are looking for info in regards to old and new sets, that seems to be a good place.

Also I am hunting the new concept art cards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  22. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I'm going after the modernography cards this time around. That BB 8 was a good one to start with as I got a pin with the exact same picture when visiting Disney World in October. I got one through a trade for TFA story number 1. Also got a couple after opening about a dozen packs. Decided not to go after the TFA story card as you have to open roughly 120 packs a day for nine days in order to get them. I like the look of those cards but really wish it was a guarantee of 1 per pack like ESB Illustrated or journey to the Force awakens.

23. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I'm collecting the Armory (it's annoying me that it's not Armoury because I'm English). I've got all of them so far but Leia's blaster. If anyone has a spare one (blue that is) I would be grateful if you could exchange it with me.

Decided not to collect the Story cards- too high ratio and pack number, guaranteed them then I would have done still. Are they actually art though? They look like shots from the film with a slight photoshop filter applied to them. Maybe I should take a closer look.

The droid pack just stopped. I have quite a few spare saved up but still no Teal medical droid. It's silly practise to start a set before TFA and then drop it with no telling when it will be back and such.

24. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Looks like crimson just stopped as well. I guess they figured 25k a day is enough freebies - you need to buy your own cards.

25. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Is anyone else collecting the TFA Story cards? I have a ton of dupes if anyone needs them.....