Pittsburgh, PA SW: CCG Anyone?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Shewski, Nov 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... Giving a jingle whenever you get back from work tomorrow would be cool. I've been waking up late all this week, but I'm going to make it a point to get up at my regular time, and get back to my place at my usual time: @4:30 - 5:00ish.

That board game you mentioned sounds nifty. I'm always up for expanding my gaming boundaries.

That's cool that Reid and Drew qualified in States. That probably explains both of their ranking shifts. You think they deliberately went to different states to qualify so they could play each other later in the tourney? Just seems kinda odd to me that Reid would trek out to Ohio for no good reason, seeing as he lives in PA.

Looking forward to chillin' tomorrow,
    Yours Truly
  2. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Brian!

I got my wacky game on Monday. It looks like they changed it around a bit from the older version I played, but all the good stuff is there. We'll have to take it for a test drive sometime.

I wanted to post some comments on your Ewok and IO decks, if you are gonna sit down and edit them.

Ewoks are good, I think you should maybe try to include Run Luke Run to (a) send him to a battle to get captured or (b) send him as support to a non capturing battle. It seems like you are all set as long as you have two ewoks per site. Some retrieval might make you outlast tough decks. I'd consider Hiding in the Garbage (V) and/or some simple retrieval that can get you lasting just a little longer.

IO is pretty solid... I think you definitely need to get away from the probe droids since they just seem to be background characters more often than not. It seems the key is to get enough Force to blow away early... I know some IO decks run SAC to cancel bad interrupts/prevent their Garrisons from being canceled, which might be cool..
  3. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... That's cool that you got your game. You available at all over the weekend to give it a test run? My Friday night is clear, as is my Sunday evening. (No work on Monday, baby!!! Let's give it up for Labor Day! w00t!) I guess just let me know if you want to try to work something up.

*suddenly realizes how last minute this idea is*

Oops...

Not feeling particularly smart at the moment,
    Yours Truly

P.S. Thanks for the deck ideas, Shewski. I can't remember the last time we swapped critiques around in this thread. Been far too long...
  4. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I'm doing LOTR goodness tonight and Sunday night. Kristy and I are watching FOTR (she's never seen it) tonight, and then Sunday at Schenley they are showing TT. But other parts of my extended weekend are probably free. I'll give you a ring if and when I am not doing stuff, and we can try to get together.
  5. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... I'm going to be bopping around a bit over the course of the weekend, so it may be tough to get in touch with me. (Feel free to try, though! :D I'll check my messages. )

Actually, after helping my buddy Gropo move into his new apartment on Saturday, we'll probably end up checking out a flick that night, (but before the midnite flick) if you have any interest there.

Also, I had no idea they were showing Two Towers on Sunday night. If I can round up a few jokers that I know, I may end up going, too.

If we don't end up running into one another, have a fun holiday.

Loves 3 day weekends,
    Yours Truly
  6. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    In with one of the SW 'lots' I bought on e-bay were two boxes of what seem to be SW card game cards and I know that they aren't TCG cards. I haven't really sorted through them yet, but if you guys are interested, I'll bring them to the Sept meeting and you can take I look at them.

Since I'm not really interested in trading card games (either version), just in the images on the cards, I would be more than happy to sell/barter the cards to you if you are interested.

7. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Coolness, what kind of images are you looking for? Favorite characters (aside from Qui)?

Hey Brian,

what does your Saturday look like? I'm gonna be free for at least part of it. Maybe we can get together and mix it up with another game of frisbee golf (or something else fun outside if it's nice out), hit a movie, play games etc.
  8. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Greencat... Cool stuff. I'd be more than happy to take a gander, too.

Shewski... As far as I know, my Saturday is presently wide open. I'd be more than happy to do up some disc golfin'. (If weather permits.) Maybe we could take that Games Workshop game you picked up for a run, too. (I forget, is that the one that requires a third person?)

I reckon just let me know what time frame you were lookin' at, and we can figure things out from there.

Ra ra for the Eagles,
    Yours Truly

P.S. I don't know if anyone else actually follows this thread, but the Disc Golf invite goes out to any interested parties. (I've got plenty of discs to spare. Even a few without leprosy!)

9. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Nah, the GW game can be played with 2-6 folks, so we are all good!

I might need to get my oil changed in the morning, so I'll figure it out and get back to you soon.
  10. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Howdy,

Well, the main reason for getting my oil changed was b/c my one tire was running low. It actually needed replaced, so I can safely ignore my oil for another week or so.

Saturday looks like a nice day for it, shall we meet up sometime around 9-10 so we can get in some rounds before lunch?
  11. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... sounds good to me. I'll shoot to be at your place @ 9am or a little after. Call me if something changes on your end, as I will make sure to call if anything changes on mine. See you Saturday!

Notices that it's been quiet round these parts lately,
    Yours Truly
  12. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I noticed the boards were a bit quiet also . . . when I was one the boards to notice. But now that the cable is hooked up in the new apartment, I should be on a bit more often :)

Images on cards . . . Besides Qui, any and all Jedi. Nice images of the OT main characters. Good images of some of the supporting characters like the Cantina Band, Jawa, interesting aliens . . .

Still haven't gone through the boxes of cards yet.

I'm trying something with the whole oil change thing. I read somewhere that it is fine to change the oil every 5,000 miles intead of every 3,000. So I'm going to do that and see if my engine is destroyed or not. :)
  13. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    My Toyota manual says 5k miles btwn changes as well. Since I bought it at over 100k on the odometer, I've been changing every 4k, and it has done fine so far.
  14. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Greencat/Shewski... I've also heard that one can wait 5k before doing up oil changes, but I tend to do it up at the 3k mark anyway.

In fact, my new car has a special feature that lets me know if its not the proper time to change the oil: if I pull into an oil change place and pop the hood at the improper interval since the last one, a little goblin comes out of the trunk and continually cracks me in the shins with a 2x4 until I close the hood.

It's effective as all-get-out. The only downfall that I can see is that I've been walking with a limp ever since I got the new car. But... I reckon that's a small price to pay for properly maintaining one's vehicle.

Wonders what the goblin feeds on to survive in the trunk,
    Yours Truly
  15. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Brian, are you up for hanging out this Friday night and having some of those rematches you wanted?

BIG EDIT

Well, Kristy's grandmother died this afternoon, and the viewing is Friday night, so that looks to be out. The Funeral is Saturday morning, so I'm not sure if I will make the meeting, but I'll be there if I can.

16. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... sorry to hear that. We can get together some other time. Give Kristy and her family my condolences.

Bummer,
    Yours Truly
  17. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... I picked up those two boxes of what turned out to be a slew of common/uncommon/a few rare CCG cards from Premiere that Greencat had won off eBay. (All black-bordered.)

Since I know you have a complete set of Premiere, I'm not sure how interested you'd be in picking up some extras. Of course, it never hurts to have a few more copies of stuff lying around for multiple decks, I suppose.

Maybe some night we can get together, divvy up the cache, maybe kick out a game or so, and figure out some way of recompensing Chris for her gift.

What's the scoop with the Theed box?

You have any interest in hitting up that tourney on the 4th at Helm's Deep? (Saturday @ 1pm.) I'll probably go regardless, since I've been itching for some crazy tourney action, and it'd be cool to maybe see Reid, Drew, Dan, and crew. Just as an FYI, Dan requested that email be sent before-hand, so he's aware of who's coming.

Just let me know, I reckon.

The Official GPN Anti-christ,
    Yours Truly

P.S. 8-}
  18. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool- I think I pretty much have all the premiere cards I could want but it's worth a peek to be sure.

I'd like to get together and get our rematches on. I'm good for doing something tomorrow night (Wed), but then this weekend Kristy's family is having my family in for a meet each other picnic. We're spending the night Friday, but I should be good on Sat/Sunday night. When's good for you?

The Theed box is the bane of our existence. I emailed the dude to no response on Friday afternoon, so I'll follow up today since my Yahoo Mail was being screwy.

I'm gonna be in Columbus that weekend to watch my little sis play field hockey, so I'm out for that tourney. On a positive note, Drew posted that there are going to be weekly tournies in Munhall (near homestead), so hopefully I can return to the scene with you soon!

EDIT

I got a response from the dude. He hasn't had any luck getting a hold of anyone, but he does life in Norfolk VA so he was without net access for most of the last few days. The saga continues....
  19. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... I suspect that maybe rematching on Saturday or Sunday night would be best. That would probably give us more time to peruse the box of Premiere as well. I need to throw a quick tinker on both decks, but they're pretty much good to go.

Bummer on the Theed box. Hope you don't get rooked on that one.

I saw Drew's post on the PC forum, and added my own note. That's great news! At the very least, I'll always have a default Saturday afternoon activity, and gives us more chances to play with Drew, Dan, Reid, and the rest. Good times!

Did you check Forfeit Zero today? If so, was the server down for you, too? Just curious if it was a problem on my end or theirs.

Off to see the wizard,
    Yours Truly
  20. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I hope this works out. Worst case I hope he gets another box of Theed and gets it to me.

I did notice that FZ was down today. But it looks to be healthy again now!
  21. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Brian,

Sunday looks like it will be better for me. I have no clue how long the picnic/get together will last on Saturday, so I don't want to rush us or them. Does that sound good?

Mike
  22. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... Works for me. I suppose just give me a jingle to let me know when you want to meet up... Your place or mine?

Doesn't want to go to work tomorrow,
    Yours Truly
  23. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I read about your tournament escapades at Forfeit Zero. Ouch! It looks like my wacky decks were really no match for the fuzzballs.

BTW, I'm getting back to the 'Burgh Friday night around 8:20 PM. Would you want me to give you a call when I leave the airport to see if you still want to hang out a little that night?
  24. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... I'd be down for that. At the very least, I could get your cards that I borrowed back to you.

Needs to eat dinner,
    Yours Truly

25. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Alrighty, presidente, I'll call you when I'm on the road back home.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.