main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA SW: CCG Anyone?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Shewski, Nov 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... cool stuff. Have fun on your trip. Now, is it me, or is challenger over-analyzing FZ a little bit?

No wonder real artists/authors get weirded out by their fans...

EDIT: Also, with your new membership to Decktech (and corresponding FZ plug) you managed to significantly increase site visits singlehandedly. Well done. :) I tip my hat to you, sir.

Felt compelled to push this thread to post# 400,
    Yours Truly

2. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    <------ Is an advertising machine

3. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski...

Got my box of Tatooine boosters today! Of course, my weirdo luck figures in once more... Check out these bizarr-0 stats:

I'm three cards shy of complete set with that single box. (Technically 10, if you count in those shady AI cards.)

At any rate, I lack those three because:

I managed to pull EVERY SINGLE OBJECTIVE HELPER CARD that I had traded with you earlier to obtain.

Frustrating.

I also got two copies of Anakin's Podracer! What's up with that??? Who needs more than one of that?

I managed to pull a ridiculous number of AI cards: AI Obi, AI Watto, AI Naked Threepio...

And speaking of Naked Threepio. There were THREE OF THEM clogging the darned box! Two regulars + one AI + one already owned = 4 Naked Threepios!!! Blah! I don't NEED four Naked Threepios!!! That's madness!

Anyway, the three cards I lack are Aurra Sing; which sucks because I have her gun, which is cool, but can't use. :( Shmi Skywalker, which I wanted to get because she's handy-dandy. Last one is Qui's Saber. Would be cool to have, but already have Reflections version, so not a biggie.

On the plus side, I got all kinds of handy-dandy trades now. I have to imagine some poor kid out there lacks a Naked Threepio. (Or two. Or three. 8-} )

Now that I've got a stranglehold on Tatooine, next up is... ugh, Coruscant. Or, Theed Palace, if that crazy situation of ours gets resolved. Not looking forward to trying to obtain a card base in Coruscant. Gonna have to clear out the bank account for that one... 8-}

Podracing for all,
    Yours Truly

4. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I've got all 3 of those missing cards from my box of Tatooine. (Aurra is a AI foil). If you can't find it online, we can sit down sometime soon and have a mega trade day again, Theed box or no.

5. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Shock n' awe time!

The Theed dude got his box back yesterday and is shipping it out to me today!!!!!!!

I'll keep you posted on when it comes, hopefully by this weekend!

6. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Sweet!

Can't wait to see what we get!

Really can't,
    Yours Truly

7. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    On that note, we can do our mega trading then too if you want. Do you still have my list that I emailed you a few weeks back? If you let me know what you are interested in, I'll bring those singles over with me (or get em out if we do it at my place).

8. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... I'll take another gander at the list you sent a whiles back, and see what interests me. I'm pretty sure (I'll have to double check, tho) that I have an Outer Rim Scout I could pop your way assuming you're still in the market for them.

Can't wait for box to get here,
    Yours Truly

9. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Bleargh...

I was hoping the box would come yesterday afternoon, but it did not. Maybe today will be the day! I'll keep you posted and hopefully the day it comes we can get together and open some packs!

10. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    No box yesterday... sigh...

On a semi related tangent, are you up for getting together Friday night at all, box or no box?

11. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... I think I'd be down for Friday night. I wanted to have a new LS deck ready for when next we met, but somehow I ended up designing a new DS deck instead. *scratches head* Don't ask how that ended up happening... I haven't actually constructed it yet, but it's in the final design stages. I'm pretty sure there's no hope of it actually doing well, but, hey, you never know. Stranger things have happened.

I also have a counter-proposal for you... You busy Saturday? If not, you want to go to Baltimore to see Bruce Campbell beat up an evil mummy terrorizing an old folks home? It's the only chance to catch it on the East coast... [face_shocked] [It plays at 7:00 and 9:00pm on Saturday at the Charles Thater in Baltimore, MD.]

(Since this is a rather major trip, with absolutely no warning, I suspect your answer will be "No" but I had to ask... 8-} )

Hopefully that Theed box comes in soon. I'm jonesin' for it.

This is my boomstick,
    Yours Truly

12. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Yeah, I'm hoping that it will come and be all well and good. I'll keep you posted on Friday.

Bubba Hotep, eh? Is that the closest it is to us? Wacky! I would like to see it, and I wouldn't mind a crazy road trip, but this Saturday is booked for me. We ordered a mattress last week and it's coming in on Saturday, and then we are meeting some friends who are visiting from out of town this weekend (for the Stillers game). Sorry!

13. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    According to my tracking #, the box arrived today at 10:19 AM. It's coming with me tonight!

14. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Hiya Guys!

Just wanted to once more say thanks for the "Clash of the Lightsabers" game you gave me in trade for those cards. NEAT! :)

15. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    No problem! I'm glad you like it!

Hey Brian, would you want to get together to play cards sometime this week/weekend? I'd like to give a new deck I worked up a whirl.

16. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... No doubt I'd be up for getting some cards in. The way I see it, I've got Friday and Sunday to do stuff.

Here's the thing, tho... Brent wanted to get together Friday night, since we haven't hung out in a while, probably to get in some white-hot-crazy-strategy-board gaming action or some such thing. I told him I'd ask if you were interested in hitting that up.

If you are, we could potentially do up some cards afterwards, though if things run real late, then maybe not. If you wanted some guaranteed CCG time, we could get together on Sunday, if you're able.

I reckon just let me know what you want to try to do, and we can work something out.

Was half-asleep all day at work,
    Yours Truly

17. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Hey Brian!

Curse my schedule! I'm actually hanging out with Kristy on Friday, but free most of Saturday (after I help folks move in the morning). Does Saturday work at all?

If not, I think Sunday will work as well.

18. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Unfortunately, Saturday is pretty much completely booked. Guess we'll have to meet up Sunday. What time you want to aim for? Afternoonish or eveningish? (I prefer afternoonish.)

Desperately needs haircut,
    Yours Truly

19. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I know my aunt is in town, so I'm not sure if we are doing a Sunday dinner type thing. Can we do evening, assuimg it is an early evening?

And if there is no dinner/family stuff, then we can definitely do the afternoon.

20. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Poodoo!

Well, I found out that I can't pick up J'sP vs you in profit, so I am going to have to have an uber rematch with it vs Profit. I'm gonna totally get smoked w/o a near revamp of the deck...

21. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... Oops. Oh well. I guess you could just run CCT without "Jabba's Prize," even though it may just be the coolest-looking card in the entire game.

I'm sure you noticed, but Tortellini is having a Helms Deep tourney on the 29th. Dan has the amazing ability to always pick weekends that are difficult for me to negotiate. I'd really love to go, but since I'm running home for T'giving, I'm not sure if I'll be coming back to town in time for it. *grumble*

In other news, for those who enjoy sappy sentimentalism, tomorrow marks the ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of this crazy SW:CCG thread of ours. (Which is also more or less the one year anniversary of when Shewski and I first met at the SWAP Episode II DVD Party, heralding our get-togethers to play cards.)

One whole year.

Lots of stuff has happened since then...
    --Shewski got engaged.
    --I became President of SWAP.
    --Between then and now I've worked as a bookstore receiver, grocery store cashier, over-the-phone pill prescription refiller, and a Quality Control Data Analyst.
    --Shewski became 2 cards away from a complete SW:CCG set.
    --I started an increasingly popular web-comic based on the game.
    --We both befriended two of the top 100 SW:CCG players in the known world.
    --We've both had articles and decks stay on Decktech's Top 10 lists for a month.

I'm inclined to say that both Shewski and I have become significantly better players since then.

As posted by Shewski, a long, long time ago...
    "I'm so freaked out about these objectives- do I have to use them?"

As posted by ben_ethus, a long, long time ago...
    "It didn't occur to me that all the Death Star sites had 'Death Star' in the title and fell under the provisions for searching that ['Set Your Course For Alderaan'] gives."

I think those quotes say it all... 8-}

Anyhoo, it's been great times. I must say it's been a distinct pleasure to have met and befriended Mr. Shewski (as well as all the other SWAP members), and I hope our friendship continues unabated for a long, long time to come.

Cheers, mate!

Raises frosty mug in salute,
    Yours Truly

22. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Frosty mugged salutes ya right back!!!

A whole year- wowza!!!

Yes, suffice it to say that we both sucked hardcore back then, whereas now we may only suck a little bit. ;)

It definitely has been a good one for the both of us. I too look forward to many future years of friendship and fun together!

BTW, I did see about the tourney, and I'm going to be in OH w/ the family this year (being that's it's my last year they before they have to "share" me w/ the lovely Kristy). The kid has a knack for not thinking of these big things, methinks...

Anyways, you can probably beat the snot out of me w/ your Profit deck, so to help me out a little bit I swapped in a few cards... I might also break down and put in a PrepDef... but I'll decide that later. I might run both starting ints so I totally don't feel that I gave up the principles of my deck just to try and beat you.

23. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... My Friday should still be wide open if you want to try to do something up.

Also, I notice in your "Trades" excel file, you've got an extra "On the Edge" available. You want to try to do up a trade, assuming I still got something that you wouldn't mind owning?

Boo to ill-timed SW:CCG tournaments,
    Yours Truly

24. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Congrats on the one-year anni of this thread guys.

My thread on Toys and collectibles went over a year on June 17.

Pretty cool!

I believe I still have some CCG cards Brian, if you need them. I'll try and find them in time for the next RPG and let you take a look at them then.

OH, btw, on that note, I found the missing gun from Anakin's Jedi Starfighter. Turns out I had it in my bag afterall and it fell out in my garage at home once I got there after the RPG.

Other terms for CCG:
    Colorful Coruscant Guards.
    Crumb cake goodies
    Cool Classic Guys
    Count Chocula Grab-bag
    ha ha had to have some fun...

25. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Cool! We'll find something to do on Friday, I'm sure.

I think I want to hold on to that extra OTE... but if you get a good trade I really want I will send it away in a heartbeat!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.