Pittsburgh, PA SW: CCG Anyone?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Shewski, Nov 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... I felt it was high time to get this thread back on the main page. Also, did you determine when a good time would be to meet up this week?

Should be in bed,
    Yours Truly
  2. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Good a time as any! I'm actually good tonight, tomorrow, and Thursday. Friday I'm taking Kristy out to dinner. I'll email this to you as well to see what way gets to you faster.
  3. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... Did the "Putzburgh" Decktech group disappear for you, too? I went to check on it, and the site claimed that it no longer existed, and, therefore I was no longer a member of it. Just wanted to check to see if I wasn't the only one afflicted.

Hasn't posted in this thread for a long time,
    Yours Truly

P.S. Bumpity bump!
  4. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I was very confused. I sent Daniel-san a D mail but I haven't heard anything from him yet.

Happy birthday, dude!

I hope Friday night was a success. We'll have to try and get together this weekend sometime. You game?

5. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

How does this sound for Saturday...?

Biler just asked if I wanted to take in "The Butterfly Effect" Saturday afternoon sometime. Would you like to take in the flick and wedge in some game time before and/or after the show? We didn't nail a time down yet, but if you're interested we can discuss options.

Thanks for the b'day wishes. You'll be happy to know that I completely extinguished the Best Buy gift certificate I got for Christmas on John Carpenter's The Thing DVD and Bound: both cinematic classics.

Loves The Thing,
    Yours Truly
  6. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    I like it! That movie does look interesting if it's the butterfly effect concept I'm thinking of. Ashton Kutcher though, hmm... at least he has a beard to make him look not as 70s show as usual. I'm taking my grandma out to dinner tonight, but I'll give you a ring once we're back. Anytime on Saturday afternoon/evening will work, b/c I think Kristy is going out w/ some girlfriends that night.
  7. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Brian!

Do you have any free time to get together this weekend for some CCG action? Did you see that tourney announcement?

I also attempted to send you a birthday card last Monday, but I just got it yesterday b/c the shyster post office doesn't like that I attempted to use an unstamped stamp that needed some tape assistance to stay on the envelope. I'll just give it you you next time we meet up.
  8. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... My Friday night is clear, I believe, and I think my Saturday is mostly free. I may be getting together with a friend of mine Saturday evening, but I think the early afternoon is okay. I need to get in touch with her to see what's up, and I'll let you know when I do that. What works best for you?

Postal system can be fun, can't it... 8-}

Beware the uzi-toting letter sorters,
    Yours Truly

9. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Howdy.

I think Friday will work better for me, if that's still cool w/ you. Do you want to do some trading? IIRC, do you have extra version of Bacta Tank, I'm Sorry, and DS Lando?

What are you looking for?
  10. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... Friday sounds good to me. I'm pretty sure I've got extras of all three of those cards, so I have to imagine we could work out a deal. I'll try to think of some stuff that I could use, and I'll let you know.

My place or yours?

Guess I'll see you tomorrow,
    Yours Truly

11. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... I like the new goofy pictures you've been putting up on Decktech. I can't even begin to imagine where you've been finding this stuff. 8-}

Also... just so I can sound a little shady...

Remember that 'thing' you said might be on it's way to my mailbox when we met up on Friday night...? As it turns out, the very next day I got it. *thumbs up* I'll get it back to you as quick as I can...

*nudge nudge* Knowaddayemean? *nudge nudge* Say no more, say no more. *nudge nudge*

In other news, I managed to lose lots and lots of money at Target. I stumbled into their discount DVD section and got lost, at which point goblins reached into my pockets and took away all my money, giggling viciously all the while. Fiends!

Despite that, I rather like that store. They have good prices. I may have to go there more often. I'll just have to beware the DVD Forest Goblins. 8-}

Thanks again, man,
    Yours Truly

P.S. I picked up "Reservoir Dogs" and "Ferris Bueller" for 10 clams a shot! w00t!
  12. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Don't know id these are part of the smae game or not...but there is a full box of Jedi Knights CCG packs at my local Giant Eagle. They look pretty old...
  13. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Terry... Wow, I'm amazed those things are still around. Those are actually for a different game, though. Decipher tried kicking out a few other variations of Star Wars (probably to counter those who alledge that the original was too "complicated") in order to get more bucks. They all pretty much failed, though.

Then WotC got the license....

Grumbles,
    Yours Truly

14. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

It's been since February since this thread was last posted in?!?!?

Oh my!

Whistling innocently as he walks away,
    Yours Truly
  15. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, it's been a busy time for both of us! In all the unpacking, I have my cards in my new bedroom, and I'm hoping that the next free evening I have (do they exist?) I can bust out a new deck. Can I wish the same for you, Brian?
  16. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... you can wish. Heh heh... 8-} I think it might be good to get together some time to get some games in, though. Feels like it's been forever since we've played. Or seen Reid or Drew or Dan, et al...

This week isn't so good since I'm outward-bound for the weekend Thursday night after work. Maybe if not next week, the week after? If I can scratch together some time, I'll put together a new deck. (LONG OVERDUE!)

At any rate, I guess we can discuss as time goes by and see what's up. I'm sure we can figure something out.

I reckon that be all. You'll have to let me know how married life is when we get together... ;)

Till next time,
    Yours Truly

17. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... You see this yet?

If you'll notice down towards the bottom it says that the first playtest will be in Columbus, OH.

And hey... we both play SW:CCG.

And, hey... we're near Columbus. (And if memory serves, that's where your family actually lives.)

So, would you have any interest in trying to get in on that? Sounds like we'd have to apply and get accepted, but it might be fun for some giggles, no?

Thinks that might be cool to do,
    Yours Truly
  18. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi Brian!

No, I hadn't seen this until you pointed it out to me. Thanks!

I can't believe it's called WARS. I wonder if that is a little in joke/make up from big D to us CCGers or what. =)

I would be interested in making a jaunt out to OH, schedules permitting of course. I've gone to Origins twice before, and beyond playing in CCG tournaments its fun to see and buy new games of all sorts.

I know I'm going to OH sometime in June for a showing of the Lion King, lemme check my calendar and get back with you tomorrow.

Back on the CCG front, are you gonna be around this weekend? If so, do you want to get together sometime to sit and play some CCG?
  19. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, this is a little weird, but I will be in Columbus w/ the Mrs that weekend for the Lion King (on the 26th @ 2 pm). I wonder when the playtesting will be during that weekend? I'm sadly guessing that it might be on the main day, Saturday, so though I will be insanely close to it, I will be busy into the afternoon/evening. Well, lets wait and see how the website shapes up before we make/discount any plans for riding out there.

20. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... Heh heh. Go figure, right? If it turns out that you won't be able to make it to the playtest (assuming we even have a prayer of getting in on the playtest), I might plan on going anyway. It'd be awesome to have you there, though, so hopefully it'll maybe work out.

I actually will be around this weekend, and could more than likely meet up for cards at some point. Saturday sometime maybe? I have two crappy new decks that I need to refab a little, but at least I'll have something different to play with. Bonus!

I guess we can discuss when a good time to meet up would be, and then just plan from there. Cool?

Thinks the new Wars game has potential,
    Yours Truly

21. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    How about Saturday afternoon? We're going out to dinner over someone's house, but I'm good then. ooh! New decks!!!
  22. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... sounds good to me. What time do you want to meet up and where should we play?

Off to work,
    Yours Truly
  23. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Coolness! Would you like to come over my place? at the very least I can show you where I'm living now. I'll give you a call tonight before Survivor.
  24. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Brian!

Are you free at all this weekend? I'd love to have a good excuse to put together some new decks and play em to say semi in shape for when the inevitable PA states happen. I know my Friday is good. Are you around this weekend?
  25. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... I sent my answer via PM.

:)

Feels horrible today,
    Yours Truly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.