main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA SW: CCG Anyone?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Shewski, Nov 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fife2b

fife2b Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2002
    Yay, I'm back! Ok, maybe too much excitement there.

Still playing I see, that's a good thing. Wish I was, maybe I can find time or a tournament coming up. But the reason I'm posting is I have a question I wanted to get your comments on.

I have some sealed swccg stuff around that I originally purchased when I was trying to make a few extra dollars by finding stuff at good prices and resaling. In the process of that a year or more back, I obtained some limited premiere stuff, 18 boosters and a 12pack case of the starters. I've seen the booster boxes selling for about $40 on eBay, and the starter cases for ~$20 if your lucky. I've been thinking maybe I should just keep them fro myself and open up and if I get anything good, maybe sell it or add it to my collection...or just wait til things become even more scarce. Who knows. I guess my question is should I open em up rather than selling them sealed (whether I keep them for myself or sell the rares).

Thanks guys! Maybe we could meet sometime in the future and I could get reintroduced into the game since I'm so out of it...like aptly using starting interupts and all that first turn fancy stuff I've never experienced.

Enjoy the weekend,
    fife2b

2. fife2b

fife2b Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2002
    Oh, forgot to mention. The new WARS ccg by Decipher's coming out. You think it'll take even more of the existing swccg players away?

3. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Well, there was a tournament this past weekend. We had a vacation from them for a while, but now we are back in the swing of things for the summmer. We are going to have a local in mid july, and then states is in the burgh July 24. We're out there!!! Where are you? If you want to check out the tournaments board at swccgpc.com or our informal decktech group (search for SWCCG in Putzburgh). Anyways, if your interested we always want returning playas.

I would probably open all of the starters. Even if you are getting 40 for a full box of BB Premiere boosters, that's only a little over $1 per pack. You could probably get a decent amount on ebay for the lot of your packs. The starters are only worth something if you get a good rare, so I'd open them. My .02

Oh, and WARS sounds interesting. I don't think the exisiting players will leave CCG for it, since those who plays by and large don't spend anything on the game anymore. It's not a new way to lose money, just time. It'll be interesting how it plays out.

4. fife2b

fife2b Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2002
    Hmm, I'll have to look into the Putzburg stuff since its an hour south of here.

I think i'll also look into some sleep ...

5. fife2b

fife2b Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2002
    It's July already, dang. I'm heading out to WA state tomorrow and will be back next Wed, and if things aren't too insane when I get back, I want to try to take a drive down to Pittsburgh for states for the day if I can. I guess there isn't any mid-July local huh?

Anyways, cya all around.

6. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Well, there might have been one this past weekend, but I didn't know about it.... but states is still on.

7. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... heading to the tourney this weekend?

Just wondering,
    Yours Truly

8. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Yes I am! I am pissed that I missed the last one b/c of poor communication on Dan's part. Revenge time!

9. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... I know we'd talked about this a little before, but with the advent of Wars:TCG getting closer and closer, I figured we should probably discuss again so that we can prepared... heh heh.

Anyhoo, what all did you want to do when the game comes out? Did you just want to jump in and do the Booster Box split, or pick up some starters and see how the game works before we dropped down more bucks? Did you want to just get them online, or try to work something up through a local store? Speaking of local stores, do you think any of them will carry this stuff and run tournies on their own initiative, or do you think we'll have to instigate stuff? Should we try to get our other SW:CCG buddies involved, or heck, even any of our fellow FF'ers?

I'm game for whatever. I just looked and Oct. 6th is a Wednesday, so we could either get our stuff and play the weekend after or, if we're feeling adventurous, the night it comes out. heh heh... :p

I reckon we can discuss and do what makes the most sense for us.

Gotta go eat lunch,
    Yours Truly

10. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Hey dude!

I'll shoot to give you a call on the way home from work today. Thing have been pretty crazy here since Kristy's grandma just died yesterday.

On a more pleasant front, I am stoked about WARS. This should be a fun new hobby to pick up. I'm bummed that the info coming out has slowed down, but the should make up for it after Gen Con. At least, they'd better.

Anyway, we'll have to get together to play some wars and talk about WARS soon. I leave for the hmoon this sunday, but after that things are more normal for me.

11. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... Sorry to hear about Kristy's grandma. Please accept my sincerest condolences.

Sounds good otherwise. Can't wait for this crazy game to come out. Seeing all those card templates really got me going. Bummer GenCon is so far away geographically, else it'd been cool to attend and get a first peek.

Reckon I'll talk to you later.

Back to work,
    Yours Truly

12. fife2b

fife2b Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2002
    its 2005 already, Happy New Year guys!

13. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    If you guys are interested in buying/playing the new Wars game. Jim sells the cards there and his prices really can't be beat. I've bought several things from him there and all the stuff is real cheap. for ex. The minis sell for 12.99 mostly everywhere, Jim sells them for 7.99 ea.

14. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Josh... Me and Shewski actually did start to play Wars, though we've been picking up stuff and playing primarily at the Phantom in Oakland. I'd be curious to see if anybody is buying stuff at this dude's store, and if there's any players there that we can add to our current player pool. More players = more good. :)

Curious to find out,
    Yours Truly

15. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Josh, do you mean WARS tcg, based off of the sw ccg engine? Or do you mean the Star Wars minis game?

16. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Bumpity bumpity because of new interest apparently.

:)

There's actually a tourney this weekend in Butler. Full info can be found here.

Goes bump in the night,
    Yours Truly

17. fife2b

fife2b Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2002
    there was a tournament in butler in march?!

ahh, figures I missed it when its in my hometown... although, it's not like i've been playing in since forever anyways. Later.

18. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    If you guys are interested about 4-6 or so people have been coming up on Sundays to play feel free to come on over if your not busy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.