main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW:CCG Cards You Would Have Liked To See

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by SirEvelyn, Feb 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirEvelyn

SirEvelyn Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2002
    I kinda mentioned this in another thread, but here is the question. What cards would you have wanted to see, and what might they have done? Some are half joking...I would love an Pigs in Space Objective, a Bea Arthur Card, and an animated Boba Fett. Right now on my mind is how much a Booster Terrik and an Errant Venture cards would have rocked. The mobile smugglers den...a new way to do Kessel and Ryger runs? Maybe Mirrax doing brisk trades in Lightsabers and Stormtrooper armor for force retrival? I would just like to see some thoughts, and who knows, maybe the Player's Committee can grace us with some of our wishes...

2. Young_Ben

Young_Ben Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2001
    Ls star destroyers, Dantooine sites, raltirr sites, unique rebel troopers, Master skywalker, Ls mara and a few other things I can't remember at the moment.

3. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    I made a bunch of fantasy cards when I was into the game, a long while ago, including a Holocron, a NightBeast, Exar Kun, and Dark Manga Luke.
    I can't remember any specific powers anymore though.

4. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    I would have liked to see Maul's Speeder Bike

5. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    I would've loved to see more cards that delt with Jedi abilities (the sense/alter/control thing got way out of hand) like those seen in Episode 1: throwing droids around, crazy fast running, jumping buildings in a single bound...etc. Also it would've been nice to see some of the Jedi from Luke's Jedi Academy.

Spud

6. SirEvelyn

SirEvelyn Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2002
    How about a real Anakin card? And a good way to get around/convert the whole Palpatine/Sidious/Emperor situation...always bugged me how you could have all three of them could just be hanging out together. That, and I would have loved to see Borsk play politics in the Senate. *grins...don't know if he would be an LS or DS character though...

7. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    I made a card of me, and one for my spouse and all my freinds.
    In reality I would like to see ships weapons systems.

8. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    I would have liked to see an AOTC-themed Utinni Effect, Padme's Butt :D

It beckons Anakin to come to her location...

9. Ray

Ray Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2002
    I would have liked to see cards for the Vong and the Lady Luck .... Also would have really liked cards for clones (like the Fel clones) oh well maybe in the Virtual cards some how

10. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Kiss cards for AOTC and Ep3.
    Plus I was looking forward to how Decipher woulda handled Anakin as a character.

11. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    These cards are based on the trailer "Forbidden Love".
    A Jedi Shall Not Know Anger, Nor Hate?/ Nor Love
    LS Objective
    0 Side
    Place Anakin Skywalker, Padawan Protector on this objective and deploy Padme?s Apartment, one [episode 2] Naboo location, and Forbidden Love. After you have shuffled your reserve deck, place top card face up from your reserve pile on Forbidden Love.
    For remainder of game, you do not lose if your life force is depleted. If Anakin is lost from table, place him here. Anakin may not be placed out of play. [Tatooine] Padme?s game text is suspended while she is with Anakin. You may not play or deploy Ultimatum, Nabrun Leids or .
    While this side up, once during your deploy phase, you may deploy a docking bay to Coruscant or Naboo, reshuffle. Padme moves for free if moving with Anakin.
    Flip this card if there are four or more cards on Forbidden Love.

7 Side
    Immediately swap top card on Forbidden Love with one card from hand.
    While this side up, Anakin is power and defense value+3. If Padme and Anakin (or Padawn Protector) are not together, opponent may lose 3+X force (X=half the number of cards on that Epic Event) to place Forbidden Love out of play (place cards on Epic Event in lost pile.) Padme may not be targeted with weapons. If you are going to lose force, you may reduce it by Y by placing the top card from Forbidden Love on Lost pile. (Y= Destiny number of that card.)
    Flip this card, and shuffle your reserve deck, if Forbidden Love not on table.

Forbidden Love (0)
    LS Epic Event
    Deploy on table. At the end of each of your turns, if Anakin and Padme are alone at your Naboo location, may place top card from your used pile face up here. During your control phase, you may use 1 force to shuffle the cards on this epic event. Once per turn, you may place the top card here in used pile to: cancel a force drain, use the destiny number on that card as battle destiny, retrieve X force where X is the destiny number of that card.
    Place the top card here in lost pile if you lose more than 2 force from a force drain (Once per turn), opponent wins a battle you initiate or opponent deploys more than two characters to Naboo in one turn. If there are no cards here, you lose the game.

Anakin Skywalker/ Padawan Protector (0)
    Anakin side
    Anakin Skywalker, Padawan Protector
    Student of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Has highest ever-recorded level of Midi-Chlorines in his blood stream. Makes Padme uncomfortrable when he looks at her. Becoming arrogant about his powers.
    P: 4+X A:5 D:6 F:9 Warrior, Pilot, Episode 2
    Must start game on A Jedi Shall Not Know Anger, Nor Hate? Flip this card if Vader on Table (even if on objective). Deploys only to Coruscant (May immediately deploy Padme from reserve deck). Adds 3 to power of anything he pilots. X= One destiny. Immune to attrition < 5.

Padawan Side:
    Padawan Protector
    To the concern of many, the duty of protecting Senator Naberrie was given over to a young Padawan.
    P:5 A:5 D:4 F:7 Warrior, Pilot, Episode 2
    Adds 2 to power of anything he pilots. Forfeit +1 when present with a Jedi. Forbidden Love is suspended. May carry and use Anakin?s lightsaber. Padme may not be targeted with weapons if present. If lost, place on objective. Flip this card if Vader not on table.

Padme, Naboo Senator
    Senator targeted for assassination. Was placed under Anakin?s protection and taken to Naboo. Important figure in the galactic senate.
    P:3 A:4 D:2 F:8
    Agendas: Order, peace. While in a senate majority, your republic characters are forfeit +2, and once per control phased, you may look at top card of your reserve deck. You may place that card on your used pile. Immune to attrition < 3 (<4 if with Anaklin or on Naboo, <5 if both.)

Coruscant: Padme?s apartment
    LS: [2 icons] Padme deploys ?2 here. Force drain ?1
    DS: [1 icon] Your spies deploy ?1 here. Force drain ?1

12. 1stAD

May 10, 2001
    You know, I really like the concept behind these cards. Do you mind if I do a mock-up of these cards?

More importantly, do Lucasfilm and Decipher mind?

13. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    No problem here. I'd love to see it when your done!

D and LFL might have a problem though.

14. 1stAD

May 10, 2001
    One more thing, You may not play or deploy Ultimatum, Nabrun Leids or .
    What other card do you mean, Odin Neslorr?

15. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    I think that's what I meant. I originally posted these when the Forbidden Love trailor first came out, so I can't remember exactly. To see the cards as I meant them (with italics and bold) see here

16. 1stAD

May 10, 2001
    Missing there too. That's okay, I'll just assume that's what you meant.

17. DARPH-NADER

DARPH-NADER Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2002
    Fixer, just to pull him once with Camie. . .

18. 1stAD

May 10, 2001
    http://www.geocities.com/c1stad1/

This is a near-complete design of what the "Forbidden Love" card might look like. I haven't decided which image I like better though. I'm also playing around with the font to get as close to Decipher's as possible.

19. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Those look real nice, 1stAD

20. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    They look great 1stAD! Thanks for the work you did on them.

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    This one's for you, 1stAD...

[image=http://www.denimfilms.com/shared/fan-ccg-cards/padmesbutt.jpg]

[face_batting]

22. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
  23. 1stAD

May 10, 2001
    Thanks, but I'm far from finished. I'm starting on the Anakin/Padawan card.

Extra special thanks for Padme's Butt :D

24. Corran-Horn-Rogue9

Corran-Horn-Rogue9 Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    Wild Card
    Lady Luck
    Jade Fire
    Jade Shadow
    Complete Rogue squadron 1-12
    Complete Black Squadron
    Norghi(sp)
    more unique Wookies