main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW:CCG FAQ (post your ruling questions here)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Bib Fortuna Twi'lek, Apr 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Correct on all counts. However, they are still useful, butt-whuppin' cards.

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    General rule: if the card doesn't say it, you can't do it. So no immunity or adding to drains on the EPP characters.

3. DarthJago

DarthJago Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2000
    Creature Attacks:
    In the glossary it says:
    "Compare the creature's ferocity to the target's power (plus one destiny if the target has 4 or more ability).

Who gets the destiny, the creature or the character/(target)? I think it's obviously the character but my friends say its the creature.

4. Gadget

Gadget Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2001
    You are correct. It would be the character who has ability of 4 or more that would get the destiny when being attacked by a creature.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    If a card that is non-unique is placed out-of play, can additional copies of that card be played? Also, if something is conisdered out-of play, is it still considered to be on the table? And finally, when a card's requirements include a Dark Jedi (ie: I Have You Now), does that include Dark Jedi Masters ala Emperor Palpatine?

6. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    Okay, one at a time...

1. No non-unique out of play card prevents another copy from being played. If you place a non-unique X-Wing out of play, your opponent may continue to deploy X-Wings to his heart's content.

2. Only a CARD is placed out of play. Now, if that card represents a unique "thing" (character, vehicle, starship, weapon, etc.) then that "thing" may not be deployed again. But if that "thing" is already on the table, it is not lost, and is still considered on the table. For example, if Vader is on the table, but you play Out Of Commission and randomly select another Vader from his lost pile to be placed out of play, the Vader on the table is still on the table ... but once that EPP Vader is lost, no other Vader may be deployed by your opponent. Does that make sense?

3. And finally, yes, Dark Jedi Masters count as Dark Jedi's. (What is the plural of "jedi", anyway?)

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think Jedi are like Deer, works for plural and singular purposes.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ok, heres a few questions-

With Tatooine Desert, it says it costs +1 to move from there. Now, if your using, say, a Ronto with a landspeed of 2 to go from a site adjacent to the desert to one on the other side, do you still need to pay the extra force or is it "skipped over" ?

In regards to creatures and Rancors- It says in the glossary that creatures are considered characters, so by the definition of docking bay transit, the creatures can be transited. If this is so, if you have a Rancor on one planet and another Rancor on another planet, since they have to move towards another Rancor whenever possible, does this include docking bay transit? ie: does the Rancor have to head for the docking bay if another is deployed on another planet that has a related docking bay?

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    More Creature Q's-

If there are two or more creatures at the same site with a character, does the owner get to choose who attacks what first or does creature vs. creature take prescedence over creature vs character? Also, if you have two attaching creatures at the same site, how does that work exactly? do they attach to each other?

10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    When at the desert, for a character to move from there, they need at least 2 landspeed and moving from the desert uses up both points of that character's landspeed.

Creatures are not considered characters in any way. They cannot docking bay transit, or be targeted by cards that target only characters.

Creature vs. Creature attacks happen as soon as there are two or more non-selective creatures at the same location. Calculate their ferocity, and the creature with the lowest ferocity is eaten. If tied, both creatures are eaten. If there are more than two creatures there, I believe it's a random selection. Once there is one or none creatures left, play continues normally.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    another creature question-

which happens first if its the opponent's turn- character's attacking creatures or creatures attacking characters?

12. Imrahil

Imrahil Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2000
    R2 Emperor says, "Deploys only to Coruscant or Death Star 2."

So can I deploy him to a ship at one of those systems? I think so because it doesn't say "on" only "to".

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Opponent gets the first action of the phase, be it battle, attack or play an interrupt.

The Emperor may deploy aboard a ship at Coruscant or Death Star 2.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    As I'm sorting through my CC cards, I was curious about the Tibanna Gas Miner's game text- says he adds 1 to force drains at related cloud sectors when he's at a site. now he's non-unique so does that mean you could drop down 10 Gas Miners and then drain for 11 at each cloud sector?

15. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    No. Cumulative rule kicks in. 10 Tibanna Gas Miners = +1 to your force drains at related cloud sectors.

16. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    I have one concerning politics. When you play an political effect, can you deploy the Senators on them like when cards are on bargaining table or are they stuck there for the rest of the game? And if they are stuck, do they count for uniqueness or can I have one on effect and one in the Senate?

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Does that cumlative thing affect, say Hoth Sentry when General McQuarrie is on the table? Ie: can you deploy the General and then build up Hoth Sentries at a site to build up it's modifiers?

18. youngvader

Jun 21, 1999
    That's the purpose of McQuarrie. He allows to the cumulative. It's not cumulative unless stated otherwise.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    well, what I mean is McQuarries gametext doesn't specifically mention "cumlatively", so you cannot deploy, say, 5 Hoth Sentries to the same location to get + 5 power at that and adjacent sites nor would you be able to count +2 power at an overlapping adjacent site if they were deployed at sites side by side. Correct?

20. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Nothing is cumulative unless it says so.

Cards on your political effects are not on table, so you can place Lott Dod there even if another copy of Dod is in the Senate. Your Objective allows you to deploy cards from your Political Effects to table; if you aren't using the Senate Objectives, they're stuck there.

21. youngvader

Jun 21, 1999
    I am using the Senate objective. I guess I should read my cards before asking stupid questions. DOH!!!!!!!

Thanks anyway.

22. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Yeah, reading the cards is one of the essential things you have to do in order to understand the game. It seems that half of the questions I answer can be answered simply by reading the card(s) involved.

23. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    Here's one on Aurra Sing. It says on her card, "May use any 'stolen' lightsaber." So if I...acquire a lightsaber during an honest game of Sabacc, then would that lightsaber be able to be used on Aurra?

Thanx,
    Spud

24. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Nope. You didn't steal it, you won it in a game of sabacc. It's yours now, "as if it were stolen" (a quote from the glossary, emphasis mine) but it is not "stolen".

It's like saying Hound's Tooth deploys and moves like a starfighter ... but that doesn't mean it's a starfighter (it's a capital ship).

25. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    That's a what I thought. Thank you much Mr. Artie (tips hat and bows with as much grace as a Hutt can manage)!

Spud

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.