main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW:CCG FAQ (post your ruling questions here)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Bib Fortuna Twi'lek, Apr 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    No, because Allegations Of Corruption says "once per game."

2. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    I don't see how the once per game woul;d affect the combo, as long as only one interrupt is stacked between them. The once per game only affects the original stacking, not the continual stackings after it.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Oh, sorry, I thought you meant stacking more than one card with Allegatoins. Yes, you can use Allegations and Hell To Pay on the same card.

4. Ocelot_X

Ocelot_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2001
    >>>Oh, sorry, I thought you meant stacking more than one card with Allegatoins. Yes, you can use Allegations and Hell To Pay on the same card.

I'm not sure you can. It used to be that you could grab more than once on the same card play (say, Tentacle and Hell To Pay on the same play of Control & Tunnel Vision), and if that happened, you owuld lay the interrupt across all the grabbers so that it was partialy on each of them. Probably due to the fact that you could grab with Allegations and Hell To Pay, the Glossary Supplement changed this. Now you can only grab once per card play. So if you wanted to grab Control & Tunnel Vision with Tentacle and Hell To Pay, you'd have to grab with one on one card play, and the other on a different play. Also, grabbers like Hell To Pay and Allegations, which cause an Interrupt to be stacked, stack the Interrupt before it can be grabbed. This is due to the wording on the cards. They grab a "just-played Interrupt" (already played), but you "must first stack" to play a new one (not yet played). Stacked interrupts can't be grabbed, so you can only grab with Tentacle and Hell To Pay OR Allegations (but not both), and then only if you grab on two separate card plays, with Tentacle first.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    You're right, you can only grab a card once.

6. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    Not really a rules question, but there are a few cards, like Sio Bibble, SCValorum and the like who aren't Senators, but still have agendas.

Why?

What can I do with them?

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    You can use them for building up your total politics in the senate. They're useless for putting on Political Effects; one boo-boo made by Decipher.

8. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    Maybe there'll be something that comes out that uses the other agendas.

9. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    If you fire a long range weapon into the Galactic Senate from a docking bay, is i still destiny -6?

If you use Bane Malar to mindscan a character that requires upkeep, do you have to pay upkeep on him?

When Bane Malar mindscans does he have his target's power, or his targets power plus his own?

10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    If you fire a long range weapon into the Galactic Senate from a docking bay, is i still destiny -6?

Nope; the -6 only applies to weapons that are physically at the Senate.

If you use Bane Malar to mindscan a character that requires upkeep, do you have to pay upkeep on him?

Bane only copies text for the remainder of battle, so you won't have to pay upkeep as it happens at the end of the turn.

When Bane Malar mindscans does he have his target's power, or his targets power plus his own?

Target's power + his own, because that's what his text says.

11. GUARDSMAN

GUARDSMAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    I have a few questions first in Kir Kanos text it says that I have to lose 1 force for each of my deploy phases that he is on the table or put him back and everything on him back in the used pile. Is there any way to avoid this without having the Emperor on the table? Or do I have to always lose 1 force on every deploy phase while he is on table?

How much force would it cost to land a Sentinel class shuttle, embark 4 passengers, take off, land, and disembark 4 passengers?

Can I use more than 1 starting interrupt? For example can I use three "The Signal" cards as starting interrupts?

12. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    1) No way to avoid that unless the Emperor is on the table.

2) Landing and taking off is a regular move, so you can only do one per turn. In turn 1 you can land for 1 force (free if landing at a docking bay). In turn 2 you can embark for free and take off for 1 force (free at docking bay). In turn 3 you can land and disembark for 1 force (free if landing at a docking bay).

3) No, you can only use one starting interrupt. Besides, The Signal is unique and can only be used once per turn anyway.

13. GUARDSMAN

Aug 16, 2001
    In the star destroyer "Thunderflare" text it says that I can deploy and fire Turbolaser batteries for free. Does that go for the Heavy turbolaser battery as well? Also I know this is kinda of way out there, but can it do that for the Ion cannon as well?

14. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Heavy Turbolaser-yes
    Ion Cannon-no

15. Master_Binks

Master_Binks Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2001
    How does A Legion of My Best Troops affect Stormtrooper Garrison?

16. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Garrison counts as one non-unique Imperial character and would have ARMOR 4 (instead of its printed 3).

17. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    So it would only give Tagge forfeit +1, right?

18. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    It is one character and one stormtrooper, so yes, Tagge would only get +1 forfeit.

19. GUARDSMAN

Aug 16, 2001
    would pilots of a star destoyer or any other enclosed ship be affected by attrition?

could ships and charachters make more than 1 move? for example, can a ship jump from system to system as long as it uses 1 force for each jump?

Are there any Interdictor Cruiser cards out there? Because if there is I would really like to get my hands on one of them.

20. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    would pilots of a star destoyer or any other enclosed ship be affected by attrition?

Yes, unless the starship itself has immunity of some kind.

could ships and charachters make more than 1 move? for example, can a ship jump from system to system as long as it uses 1 force for each jump?

Cards get 1 move per turn whatever that may be. A starship can only use its HYPERSPEED once; a starfighter can land or take off once; a character or vehicle its LANDSPEED, shuttling, or docking bay transit once.

Are there any Interdictor Cruiser cards out there? Because if there is I would really like to get my hands on one of them.

The only Interdictor that exists right now is the one I made in my dream card section. I've been waiting for one for years. Don't know what is taking D so long..

21. pinbstr300

pinbstr300 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    I came across a problem while I was playing my EBO deck tonight....

I had a Concussion Grenade on Luke, who was in Rogue 1. also at the site (during my control phase) was my opponents walker.

since the speeder is enclosed, can I play the card "Under Attack" which allows me to try and blow up his walker, and add the bonus for having a concussion grenade?

thanks for the help :)

--C

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ok, looking for a clarification regarding satisfying attrition...

OK, hypothetically, say you have Walker #1 with immunity <4 and Walker #2 with a forfeit of 7 at a battle.

Now, your opponent draws 2 destiny, totaling 10.

If you forfeit Walker #2 for 7, do you still have to forfeit Walker#1 to satisify attrition? Or by forfeiting Walker #2 is the attrition reduced to 3 and Walker #1 is thereby immune to it and remains?

Basicly, is attrition reduced as you forfeit, or does the "big number" still affect cards until the entire amount is satisfied via forfeiting?

23. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    No, I don't think that you can use Under Attack in that situation.

Yes, the big number still requires you to forfeit, even if you have immunity greater than the remaining amount.

24. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Actually, you can Under Attack in that situation. Under Attack only requires that the warrior be "at" the same site as the walker not "present with" the walker.

So I guess Luke parks his speeder, hops out, 'splodes the walker, and hops back in to continue on his merry way ;)

25. pinbstr300

pinbstr300 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    awesome! while I believe that is a dumb rule, I know I can use it to my advantage :) now for another question on Rogue Group...

Comm Luke adds 3 to power of any starship he pilots, and on Rogue 1 ALSO adds 3 to maneuver. my question is, since the card reads "also" before the maneuver bonus, does he (and I guess the rest of rogue group) add the power to the speeder? thanks :)

--C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.