main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW CCG NYC Open Qualifier Event 1/8/05

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by crngwell, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crngwell

crngwell Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2005
    This is the Ultimate Guide to Neutral Ground in NYC on January 8th. Includes Poker information

The Star Wars CCG Open Qualifier will start at 12 noon. The store opens on Saturday at 10am, so I recommend that everyone gets there a bit early with thier PC Decklists already filled out or type up your own Decklist. $10 to play.

Location - Neutral Ground is located at 122 West 26th Street, 4th Floor Between 6th and 7th Avenue) New York, NY 10001

Tournament Format Info - This tournament will follow Swiss format with 6 games. At the end of the 6 games, the final 2 will play a final confrontation using sealed deck usings WOTC's new SW:TCG expansion. No really, it will be a regular final confrontation. The player with the best differential and victory points will be the winner.

Prize Information - The winner of the event will get to design a Virtual Card for an upcoming set, an uncut sheet of choice (from the ones delivered) and more. Other prizes include the Ultimate Package from the Players Committee and will also include other prizes, all provided by Tony from Neutral Ground.

Ruling Update - One important thing to know is that recently there was an updated Premium Virtual Card release with a number of editing errors. These cards are supposed to be identical cards as the original Virtual Card sets, so ignore any differences made on these new versions while they work on correcting the problem. I will have all correct texts available for anyone to use or reference.

Travel Information - I know a lot of people are going to be at this event (25-30) and everyone is curious about travel. Getting to Neutral Ground is very simple from any route. I would recommend you take the train/subway/cab if possible so you can enjoy the event and not stress about parking issues in NYC. I am personally meeting players from Maryland and taking the NJ Transit train into NY Penn Station and then only a few block walk to the event.

If anyone needs to meet, please let me know via email or dmail.

Star Wars CCG Trading - As everyone probably knows via my dt page, I am looking to trade for a lot of different cards. I would recommend that anyone that is looking to trade for/away some cards, that you bring some stuff with you. I am sure there will be other that are really looking for extras with the new Virtual Set 8 being released.

Poker - After the Star Wars Open, there will be a Texas Hold'em event for anyone interested. We have the chips, you bring the seat.

Email Scott Lingrell for questions.
    slingrell@metlife.com

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I wish I could go!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.