SW Celebration II.5...formerly Meeting #5 Quaker Steak

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Jun 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Now that word has gotten out that not only Cinemark Valleyview (but Cincinnati as well) is dropping the DLP AOTC screen, I've been keeping the spark alive for Columbus/Detroit/Pittsburgh to come to Cleveland for a "party in the park" (Don's idea for meeting #5)...THEY LOVE THE IDEA! We've been calling it "SW Celebration II.5"

Here's what we know so far:
    *Cleveland/Canal Road (I'll go scout locations Sunday)
    *Party starts at 2:00pm (We can still hold a meeting to discuss the things on our agenda before then...say noon?)

We only have 1 week to put this together, but if we deligate some of this stuff, it should be fine...any volunteers?

We'll need to organize stuff like food/drinks. Maybe ask for a small cover ($5 per person to cover costs) BYO-stuff always appreciated. I don't know the park's policy on alcohol, but we might want to keep it PG for the most part.

So bust out the toy lightsabers, and SW trivial pursuit...cause we've got a SW party to plan!
  2. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Meesa thinking weesa being friends...
  3. Darth_Callous Jedi Padawan

NOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!!!! Drat! My wife and I have adoption classes till 4 PM that day. Looks like I have to miss the fun.
  4. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    How many people are expected? Anyway I could get some 2 liters of Coke, or something, if I knew how many to get. Same with hot dog/hamburger buns. The Wonder Bread outlet store isn't that far from my house. I also read that Columbus was thinking of heading over to Cinemark and seeing the movie anyway.
  5. Old_Benny Jedi Knight

star 1
    I agree with Columbus, we should see the movie togeter anywas. Even without DLP, Cinemark is still among the finest venues in the area. We'll have to see about the showtimes, and if they are convienient.

This is still the thing on the 29th, so we should have just under 2 weeks to get this together.
  6. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Going to the movie is good to do also. How about we meet at the canal thing until the moive starts.
  7. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Emily and I scouted out the area around the Canal Road visitor's center. It's 2 miles off of Rockside Road, and fairly easy to find. That would make a great place to gather with everybody. There are a few picnic tables and plenty of open field for lawn chairs (if you got them.) If we're going to party there before going to see AOTC, we should gather there.
  8. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    someone should be in charge of the beer.
  9. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Meeting at the Canal will be easier. Then we don't have to ask everyone coming into the theater who they are.
  10. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    Uh Jon, last I checked, which was just a minute ago, you were underage and the Metroparks didn't permit beer or any other "spirits." But we should make a list of everything we're going to need for this party and who's bring it. I figure we'll need:

food
    drinks
    condiments
    plates
    knives
    forks
    a tablecloth or two
    coolers
    ice
    cups if the drinks aren't cans

Anybody got anything else to add?
  11. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll bring the power of the Force, seeing as I'm the Chosen One, and lightsabers...

Someone should bring a TV and a PS2 w/ SW games.
  12. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Give us "clear" directions from Pittsburgh and you can count some of us in. Don't know yet how many but will be pushing for maximum attendance. Also I know some of us will be in costume. et tu? (and you)

I think some of us would like to have a toy trade as well. so how about it?

This way since we (Pittsburgh) are in a different market area we may have something you don't vice/versa.
  13. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Hey, I hear Giant Eagle has Pepsi products on sale this week for $1.88 for a 12 pack.

Ooo, the visitor center... Maybe I can finally get my passport stamped from there... :D

It sounds good to me! :)
  14. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    All sounds good for me also.
  15. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I forgot charcoal. And as for costumes, we are talking June weather here, I'd bring something to wear other than a costume.
  16. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Well at this point and time with plans having drastically changed, I'm not sure if I'm going to go or not. Being at an outdoors park event with absolutely nobody I know just doesn't seem cool to me, and I'm not the type who's social. I prefer to coop up in my room with a video game lol. But who knows, maybe I'll come. I don't know. As for the original plan, maybe it wasn't bad that it changed after all. I went to go see The Sum of All Fears the other day (kicka$$ movie by the way) and then decided to go to Quaker Steak and Lube. Yeah right, on a Saturday? At least a 2 hour wait. And I sure didn't wait. People weren't even in a line, it was just a big blob of a mess. Had we all organized a meeting there, it would have been disasterous. Again though, not sure if I'll be there or not. Use the Force to meditate on this I will...
  17. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Reborn, I was really skeptical to go to the first meeting too. But I decided to go, and had a real fun time, as I did with the other meetings and seeing AOTC with some of our people (Zod, Don, PJD, TX and myself). I'm sure you'll have more fun than you are thinking right now. It'll be better than a video game, esp. if someone can bring SW Trivial Pursuit, Stratego, the Jedi Duel board game, etc. (I have none of these). A good time it will be, yes...

Oh, Don, you also forgot to mention that we need to bring hot chicks in either slave outfits or Padme arena tights.

If this is the 29th, I have 2 graduation parties I'm supposed to go to, but they're for people in my sister's class, so I might just say to heck with them and come to our little shindig anyway.
  18. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    Other things to bring:
    Toy Trading Event(I got some I'd like to trade/sell)
    Partable TV to watch star wars on
    Hamburgers/hot dogs
    Beer(hehehehe)
    frisby anyone?
  19. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Krash has got SW Trivial Pursuit the original one and I've got one I think also.
  20. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    My sister or niece has a whole bunch of outdoor games I can bring. Also, is there a ball diamond there? We could have a softball game or something. You want beer, bring your own. Reborn, if you don't want to come it's cool, if you do come it's still cool. Also, we should get nametag stickers so we all know each others names.
  21. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    It's a National Park, they don't allow beer or any kind of alcohol there.

As for games, I'll see what I have and post it later. ;)
  22. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I had an idea. If you've ever watched MTV's Dismissed, you know what time out cards are. I was thinking if we have lightsaber duels, we could allow like 3 Force moves per duel, and you could use a "Force card" in the middle of the battle when you want a Force move to make things more interesting. I.E. Force push, throw objects at the other person with the Force, Force lightning. (I discourage Force grip because it's not really used during the fights in the movies and it's kind of a lame way to attack in a duel). Thoughts?

And what is the date of this thing?!
  23. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_plain] Okay... whatever

June 29th I do believe.
  24. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Yeah, I think JJJ has a point...beer is out (sorry) Even if it's not park policy...we've got underage people, and I'm not ready to take on that responsibility; and besides from what I'm hearing...it's frowned upon by Fanforce in general.

Everyone bring your lightsabers!

"I'll bring the power of the Force, seeing as I'm the Chosen One, and lightsabers..."

Random, since you're the one really into lightsabers and such...I'm assigning you to come up with a lightsaber-themed game/tournament. KEEP THE RULES SIMPLE AND FUN...so nobody gets confused or discouraged from participating. If you need help, ask JJJ about what we did at Celebration II for example

Folding chairs (if you have them...bring them)

I don't think we saw any grills, so our food options might be limited...I'll check Thursday

If we're going to go to a movie with Columbus, "we must accelerate our plans..." (our meeting/set-up) let's meet at the Canal Road Visitor's Center at 11:00 am, and have Columbus/Pittsburgh/Detroit and whoever else is coming start showing up around 12:30pm!

As for Don's list, any volunteers:

food - Krash (more the better)
    chips and snacks -
    drinks -
    condiments -
    plates -
    (plastic)knives & forks -
    a tablecloth or two
    coolers - Krash
    ice - Krash
    cups - Krash

EDIT: I'm telling everyone that there is a small $5 cover charge to cover the expense of food. So if you pick something up...you will get paid back.
  25. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok with me. I'll bring my lightsabers. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.