SW Celebration II.5...formerly Meeting #5 Quaker Steak

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Jun 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC Force Ghost

star 4
    When you go back go down to Tinkers Creek Road, if I remember correctly it's not far from the Visitor's Center, hang a left and check out the parks at Dunham road, they're right across the street. One of those might be a better place to meet. Let's face it when we, FanForce Cleveland, meet we need three tables all by ourselves, so with others coming we're gonna need some serious space.
  2. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah Don, you are right, there is a bigger shelter there, and more room.

When I went up there with my friend today, we didn't see any grills at the Canal Visitor Center, but I don't know if we are allowed to bring a small one.
    Plus there are not that many picnic tables there, unless you put a few together.

As for things to bring, I'll talk to my mom tomorrow.
  3. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    "Good call" Don. I agree, I think that the Dunham area will be better for us to meet as there will be more space. We're gonna have a huge amount of people, and as you said, we've been in trouble with just 12 to 15 of us...
  4. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    The Vcenter did seem small. A bigger place would be better.
  5. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I have to go down that way on a buisness call for the Cleveland Advertising Association, I'll check the place out. If this place is as good as it sounds...are we settled on this one? I'll update my posts on Pittsburgh/Columbus Fanforce forums (Pittsburgh has a really nice banner) because they asked for directions. And I want to give them as detailed as possible. Can we settle this by Saturday, so I can post an "official" announcement on Fanforce.net?
  6. DonC Force Ghost

star 4
    If we really want to mess with the people at Cinemark we should send one person to buy all the movie tickets. "Uh, yes, I'd like 35 tickets to the 2:45 showing of Attack of the Clones, please." [face_laugh]
  7. Old_Benny Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dam

My parents just informed, errr reminded me that I will be attending my cousin's wedding in Toledo the 29th.

Crap
  8. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
  9. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    If he does then he does. He wouldn't lie to us would you Old_Benny would you. I mean who would not want to go?
  10. DonC Force Ghost

star 4
    Um, I have another question, something that maybe should have bee brought up earlier. Anybody here know how to cook over a charcoal grill?
  11. Luukeskywalker Chosen One

star 5
    HOw many of your fanforce members are expected to be there?

We (Columbus) should have maybe 8-10 people most likely as just a rough guestimate at this point.

I will ask for a head count in our forum.
  12. Old_Benny Jedi Knight

star 1
    Emily, do I detect a bit of sarcasam? I know I've only been to 1 meeting out of 4, but if I didn't want to go, I'd quit posting here.

But don't worry, I know you are kidding.
  13. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I was. :D And Don me and my brother use to kind of cook on a grill at the parks for family clam backs, but we used wood.
  14. DonC Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh man, that is like the ultimate straight line.
  15. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Thanks to Don, we have a larger location for the party here are his directions to the new location (from the intersection of Rockside Road/Canal Road)

"3.7 miles to Tinkers Creek Rd, turn left 1.5 miles to Dunham Rd., the park entrance is directly across the street. These directions also take them past Cinemark so if they want to get their tickets in advance they could."

Our meeting will start at 11AM, with plenty of time for setting up for the party @ NOON. If anyone can get threre a little before 11 to help set things up...that would be good.
  16. DonC Force Ghost

star 4
    Now all we need to do is figure who's bringing what and how much to bring. Here's the list, if you can bring something on it please post so we don't have more than one person bringing the same items.

food - Krash (more the better)
    chips and snacks -
    drinks - Don, a couple cases of Pepsi and some bottled water
    condiments -
    plates -
    (plastic)knives & forks -
    a tablecloth or two
    coolers - Krash, I also have a cooler
    ice - Krash, I'll get some ice too
    cups - Krash

17. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Okay, I'm a little confused on the directions. You don't turn on Dunham Rd, there is a park before it? I guess I'm a little confused because I don't see another park on my map that I have of the National Park.

My mom and I will bring plates.
  18. DonC Force Ghost

star 4
    Go here for more info, click on "maps" then "Bedford." The park we're going to is Hemlock Creek, but it's not on the map (it's part of Bedford Reservation). You don't turn onto Dunham Rd, you cross it, Tinkers Creek Rd. ends at Dunham so you don't have to check side streets. The park is across the road.
  19. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    I just went there after we saw Minority Report. It does have a lot of room and is easy to find if you just keep going straight on Tinkers Creek Road. :D
  20. DonC Force Ghost

star 4
    I have a map that I can apparently email if anybody needs it.
  21. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    "I don't mean to presume, but..." would the Hemlock Creek area be one of those two picnic bench symbols on the map across from where Tinker's Creek and Dunham meet?
  22. DonC Force Ghost

star 4
    "You presume too much.."

Wait, you're right, nevermind. It's the top one by the intersection of Tinkers Creek & Dunham I've been talking about.
  23. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
  24. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    It is a very nice place, Hemlock Creek is a much better choice for our location. Good call Don!
  25. DonC Force Ghost

star 4
    food - Krash (more the better)
    chips and snacks - ?
    drinks - Don, a couple cases of Pepsi and some bottled water
    condiments - ?
    plates - Cindy
    (plastic)knives & forks - ?
    a tablecloth or two - ?(do you think we need these?)
    coolers - Krash, Don
    ice - Krash, Don
    cups - Krash

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.