main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO SW characters in Disney Infinity

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Ahsoka's Tano, May 1, 2015.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    TFN Main is saying the report on the German site was pulled at the request of Disney.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I know, but the point is that this set will come out at some point.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Oh I'm sure it will. They just didn't want it announced now.

5. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    May 4th it might be hinted at since it was around this time last year the Marvel version of this was announced wasn't it?

6. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    I like so much Disney Infinity figures and these about SW characters will be amazing of course! :D

7. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    It was inevitable. It's been hinted at since version 1, with the hidden lightsaber in the toybox. Then there was the Landspeeder in 2.0. So I'm really not surprised that Star Wars characters are finding their way into infinity. I'm more shocked at the choice of characters for the starter kit. Anakin and Ahsoka? Ignoring my own bias against TCW, and the prequel era as a whole, I find it a very interesting choice of starter kit when Disney have been going out of their way to focus on the original trilogy and its imagery since they bought out Lucasfilm. I was expecting either Han, Luke and Leia or Ezra and Kanan for a Star Wars themed starter pack.

Oh well, they may finally get me on the bandwagon. Just so long as they give me my Gravity Falls figure set.

8. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
  9. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Kind of glad I guess? I have all the Star Wars characters and play sets, and enjoyed the game, but I feel like it just distracts from potential SW in gaming form. The gameplay isn't really SW, either. It plays exactly like all the other Disney play sets for the game, and kinda hate having to plug in the base, and get the characters and set I wanna use. Just feels like too much setup for me. And if I need to do something with a different character gotta grab said character and switch them off the base... I sound lazy haha, but it's just not really my cup of tea. And the play sets are too short. And don't really like the Toy Box mode. Still, I'll play it every now and then, but most of my focus will be on Battlefront and Lego TFA on my PS4.

10. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    #PrayForVignocchi

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I was about to post regarding this. I have the game for the PS3, and was planning on getting it for my PS4. I guess I'll just save my money. Was kind of hoping for a 4.0 version, which would feature a better Multiplayer mode.

12. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Yeah, recently just picked up Boba, last character I needed so far. Feels like a waste now knowing I got all these characters for a dead game with no new play sets or characters coming. Good thing I only invested in the SW portion of this.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I actually had other characters initially, but sold them back to Gamestop. I have all three SW playsets, and Ahsoka, Sabine, Leia, and Rey.

14. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm very disappointed to hear this news. I really like Infinity and was hoping for more SW playsets. A full Zootopia playset would've been cool too.

I do wish there was a way to save more than one game per playset (per account). I want to start a new game but don't want to erase my existing completed one. sigh.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'm not sure what you mean by "save more than one game per playset". You may not be able to start a new game without erasing the existing one, but you are able to replay each and every level from the ones you've completed. Once I completed "Rise of the Empire" with Leia, I replayed several of the levels (including the last one against Vader) with Ahsoka. Same thing with the TFA one. Once completed with Rey, I had Ahsoka replaying some of the levels.

16. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    I didn't like how champion coins didn't save when you started a new game. Wanted to start a new game with Ezra or Kylo in, say, Twilight of the Republic, but if I start a new game I have to find all the coins again...

17. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Hmm, maybe I'll have to look closer, but I'm not sure how to replay levels of a completed game. For example, I completed the TFA playset as Poe and have that game saved. If I load that saved game and use a different character, like Finn, all of the challenges are already completed and unable to be played. All I can do is fight thugs in random encounters or do the vehicle-racing type of challenges. I can't get back to Han's freighter or Starkiller Base, no matter where I launch from (Jakku, Space above Jakku, or Takodana). The same thing happens with the Rise of the Empire playset. Am I missing a feature or command that lets a different character replay levels (and redo previously-completed activities, like herding baby banthas)? It's entirely possible since I'm very much not gaming-savvy.

Basically I'd like to do some of the playset challenges and activities again as a different character, but as far as I can tell my saved, completed game doesn't give me that option. I thought the only way to do that was to start a new game and therefore erase the old one, which I'd prefer not to do because I'd lose what immediate access I have to later places like Takodana, though that access isn't really doing me much good now anyway.

18. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I'm surprised. I thought it was very successful.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Wouldn't it defeat the purpose of having the Champion Coins if it didn't reset every time you started a new game with a new character? As I played through the game with one particular character (who belonged to that playset), I'd collect all the coins. Then I'd replay the levels with other SW characters. I've also downloaded a few custom-built playsets; though I don't play them as much as the primary ones.

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    That was the impression a lot of gaming insiders also had, so it's pretty weird. I guess it's possible all the toys to life options have oversaturated the market.

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    My biggest concern is whether or not the game itself will be playable in the distant future; beyond the release of the last few playsets. Don't you always have to sign on to your account when you start the game? I don't think the game even saves your character's level rankings; much less your progress in the playsets. It could be another year or so, but eventually they'll completely do away with the official Infinity servers.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  24. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009

That's...

...surprisingly generous actually. Given that the cancellation happened in spring this year that means that people will have had a full year to say goodbye to the online features of the game.

I purchased the 3.0 starter set, all the Force Awakens stuff and the majority of the original trilogy stuff for my fiance this year as her Christmas present. When it was cancelled I was worried that she would barely have had months of playtime out of the thing. At least she has some time to enjoy it to its fullest.

DarthAnakin96 likes this.
  25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I haven't really used the online features of the game that much. I downloaded some user-made games; but that's the extent of the online play. One thing of some concern is what happens when all the online features are gone. Considering your figures' levels are saved online (kind of like GTA Online), would there be an updated feature where the levels are saved onto your console's hard drive? When I transferred from PS3 to PS4, all of my figures maintained their levels with no problem. I'm not sure how that will work when the game is permanently offline.