main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

sw colector confessions; what's your worst secret?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by DAKAI_SERAKI, Sep 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DAKAI_SERAKI

DAKAI_SERAKI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    mine is that I (bear with me here, I know it's a shock, even I, the dude wit the the smallest collection in the world should have one), don't even have a DARTH VADER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT ONE SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I have one. When I was entering for my Pepsi machine like... 50 times (which was NOT against the rules), my parents wouldnt let me enter anymore, so I hid the rest of the entries through the store! Mostly in the frozen foods, like behind the Bagle Bites.

*runs out of thread before angry mob beats me down*

~Saber_Holder~

3. DAKAI_SERAKI

DAKAI_SERAKI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    i just realized that i spelt collector wrong

4. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I yelled at a Wal-Mart toy department manager,for not caring about what I had to find.

5. _HothWampa_

_HothWampa_ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    haha i've done that too!! same store, same problem... hmmmm stupid employees don't respect my feelings :p

6. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    My worst secret was....

Well it is still a secret.

I bought the Obi-Wan, Dooku, and Anakin Sabers from Episode II and kept them hidden for two months now. My parents don't even know that I have them.

Bwuahaha!

*hides*

7. SW_Lego_Dude

SW_Lego_Dude Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    Its more of a story than a secret. But, here: At walmart I was looking for a Lego X-wing and there were NONE. I was so livid. I had just got some more money. Then, I saw a kid with one in his hands.No one around,he looked like a ten year old. I ran grabbed it from him and RAN. I made it to the front checkout, I bought it and ran to my truck.Poor kid, Good ME!!!!!!!!

8. lordmack

lordmack Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2002
    Its collector LoL, anyways I'am back guys, spent a little time over at the IGN boards.

As for me I don't have any secrets, not yet.

9. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    SW_Lego_Dude thats evil but oh so funny...

How old are you dude? Cause I just pictured some 30 year old guy barreling through some 10 year old...haha

I'm thinking...I cant really think of much, oh ok I got one...

I took down part of my collection due to room... :(

I hope to find another way to display it, it was just too cluttered...

EDIT: Ok here's another secret...I collect Star Wars Toys, Oh wait thats not the secret from you just everyone else...

its kinda funny, I'm the leader of a rock group and I collect Star Wars Toys, that's cool.

10. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    My worst secret: I occasionally hide a figure if I don't have any money. Later I go back and if it's still hidden, then I buy it!

*Looks around deoderant isle to see if anyone is watching, then slips Darth Maul Sith Training behind rack of Old Spice*

11. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    PM, I have done something similar... but stay within the toy section.

(How about behind the 'Secret' - that women's deodorant - instead? Some of us older SW fans actually DO buy/use Old Spice.)

I'm married, and regularly feel I have to hide ANY new aquisitions from the little miss's sight! (When we have a fight, it's always like, "You love SW more than me!")

12. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    ^I think we all have to hide what we buy from other family members, because they do tend to throw that line back in your face about "you love SW more than me" or "How come you get to buy Star Wars stuff and I can't buy _________(fill in the blank)" The line I get almost daily is "When are you going to get rid of that junk?" [face_shocked] Junk?!?!?!?!? :mad:

13. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    I work at Kmart. When Episode I came out, we had a lot of cardboard standups for advertising. One was of Obi Wan for a Mountain Dew display. I asked if I could take it home later, and our stock manager said I could, and had me write my name and employee number on the back in marker.

Well, some stupid customer was complaining that us employees get first dibs on these, so our main manager (who was later fired because of all the complaints from employees and customers about his just being a jerk) took it and threw it in the box crusher!!!

(But this has a happy ending-there was a slightly smaller one, but just as nice, used for display when the video and DVD came out in the electronics department. The electronics manager saved it and then she gave it to me! YAY!)

14. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Joe likes to say "hey look it's Dooku" when a group of scalpers digging though the toy section.

15. Hale_Atticus

Hale_Atticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    At Target a few years ago,I swiped a 12" Boba Fett from a guys cart when his back was turned and quickly made my way down another aisle to the checkout lanes. I felt guilty, but I had just seen him pull it out of a place that I think he had hidden it earlier so I didn't feel that guilty. I had been looking for that figure for months!

16. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    The same thing happens to me MJF.

17. -Jedi_Anakin-

-Jedi_Anakin- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    Hello everyone I'm back (finally) I haven't benn on for a MONTH! Well, I rally have no secrets except whenever I buy something my mom always askes what it is but I nevertell her anything (once I told her I bought a Snickers and I actually bought a Lego) but anyways, a few days later it always turns up on my shelves and she never notices!

She would DIE if she knew how much I spend on this stuff!

18. -Jedi_Anakin-

-Jedi_Anakin- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    Oh, and again, once I ran so low on money I made my friends buy some action figures for me.....ha ha ha

19. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Hey Jedi_Anakin the collector who is paranoed about finding Yoda.I was paranoed about finding Ki-Adi,did you find him?

20. forceguy

forceguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Well, when I see scalpers at a toy show or convention, I bend the hell out of the cards of the figures they're selling. Never been caught either.

21. jango_joe

jango_joe Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    i keep my amount spened a secret.. its a lot.

22. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Oh, I also buy stuff off of Ebay, pay with cash, and never tell my parents!

I'm such a rebel!!

~Saber_Holder~

23. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    When the EP2 figures first came out, I bought like 12 of them, then stashed them in the closet so my now wife would not know I had bought them. We then discussed it and she is cool with my collecting.

ALso, right now I'm looking for a job. Whenever I go out looking, I also stop by the usual spots (WalMart, TRU, K-Mart) and I don't tell anyone I was looking for toys.

24. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    forceguy: :D

25. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Another thing I have to do is lie about the cost of things I buy for my collection. I always have to say, "Oh, I only got it because it was on sale." I usually say I paid half to 1/3 of what I actually did. I hate having to lie, I pay for my collection with my own money, yet I just can't stand the constant fighting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.