main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

sw colector confessions; what's your worst secret?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by DAKAI_SERAKI, Sep 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phplus

phplus Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2003
    Sup everyone, just wondering...

what's the estimated dollar amount that you guys spend on star wars stuff, whether figures or cards or otherwise?

Better yet, how much hell do you catch from parents or significant others?

Personally, I used to buy SW cards when it was big, and my 'guilt' is about $200 for Premiere and Dagobah. Heh.

Right now thinking of moving onto collecting Middle Earth card game stuff...not the new card game, the old one.

2. lightsaberfreak

lightsaberfreak Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2003
    I have to hid money away from my wife in order to afford my habit. I love the electric lightsabers, so it takes a little while to steal enough of my own money. YIKES, am I a wimp or what?!?

3. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Not that I know from experience or anything, but one of the best places to hide Saga toys most TRUs these days is behind the massive clearance rack of ET merchandise.

The colors are similar so the hidden toy doesn't attract attention, and that ET stuff's going nowhere fast.

Not that I know from experience.

4. JangoFett23

JangoFett23 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    A few times I made my girlfriend or my brother buy my action figures for me cause I was low on money; I would always pay them back. I guess what goes around comes around cause my brother did the same thing to me only he was collecting those Muscle Machine cars.

I also worked at a Big 5 Sporting Goods store and next to us was a KB-toys and the night before all of the AOTC toys came out, I had my buddie that worked at KB's let my in the back and check out all the new toys...I also got the pick all the ones I wanted and he held them until the next morning so I would have to fight anyone for them. [face_devil] I still ended up at Toys'r'us that night at 12 just to see if there were different ones. That day was great!

5. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Edit: Woops! wrong thread!! :p

-saber holder

6. ganner_rhysode

ganner_rhysode Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2001
    I saw one, that's one, Ephant Mon, hanging on a peg in TRU, York, England, and...didn't buy it... :(

7. JangoFett23

JangoFett23 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    I'm not sure if this is really a bad thing, but I was at KBToys and I was looking at the Starwars figures. The store didn't have anything new so I decide I wanted to build my armies alittle bit. I took a Value 4-Pack with basic figures in it and swapped it with 2 Endor Rebel Soldiers and 2 Super Battle Droids. This is a quick way for me to build my armies cheep. I only payed $10 for it because the 4-Packs were half off. :D

Fett23-

8. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    I did that too. [face_blush]

9. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    I once returned a set of beast packs 3 years after I bought them because I needed the money for new Ep1 toys. :)

10. Dog-Gon_Jinn

Dog-Gon_Jinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    My secret?

I'm 36 and buy Star Wars action figures. That, and I open the packages, build display cases and hang them on the wall for all to see.

Not really a secret I guess as anyone who has been in my house can see it.

My main problem is I cannot go to a Wal-Mart, Target or TRU without looking for a new one, knowing full well that they won't have any and end up going to the local collectors show and buying them at scalpers prices. Darn you Toys R Us!

And yes, I have hidden my purchases (briefly). More like that I just don't mention it to anyone as no one but me really cares about them (except for the $$$)

11. Emperor_Joe

Emperor_Joe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Does anyone notice how pathetic our lives have become? Lieing, cheating, stealing, I thank god cops arent reading this. Mabey we should abandon this hobby.... AHHHHHHH!!!!! THE MORALITY! IT BURNS! LIKE THE FIRE IT BURNS!

12. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

Per one of the previous posters, this isn't a criticism, but if someone were to slash my tires, key my car, or write anything like "Loser" on my car just because I collected SW figures, and if I knew who did it, they would definitely regret it.

However, this isn't a criticism of the poster. I know that getting your car messed up and retaliating isn't worth going to jail over, but that kind of behavior is inexcusable.

13. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    This is classic and needs a bump!

14. FreakADroid

FreakADroid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2003
    My big terrible secret is, when I can't afford a Action Figure, I steal it. :)
    And I have not gotten caught yet. I stole like over $3,000 in SW Action Figures.
    I am in highschool, and I wear my extra stormtrooper armor to school every friday, me and a bunch of my freinds are all SW freaks, so every friday we put on our armor, and go to school like that. At first the teachers and students were like WTF? We got sent home for wearing inipropriate clothes to school. The next day we had a talk to the principle, and he said it was fine just as long as we don't sword fight, and we must come up with a afterschool club to wear the costumes. They even let up wear the costumes to assemblys. Now all wee need is a tall big Darth Vader.

15. FreakADroid

FreakADroid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2003
    My big terrible secret is, when I can't afford a Action Figure, I steal it. :)
    And I have not gotten caught yet. I stole like over $3,000 in SW Action Figures.
    I am in highschool, and I wear my extra stormtrooper armor to school every friday, me and a bunch of my freinds are all SW freaks, so every friday we put on our armor, and go to school like that. At first the teachers and students were like WTF? We got sent home for wearing inipropriate clothes to school. The next day we had a talk to the principle, and he said it was fine just as long as we don't sword fight, and we must come up with a afterschool club to wear the costumes. They even let up wear the costumes to assemblys. Now all wee need is a tall big Darth Vader.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.