main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL SW collecting new & old

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediLars, Dec 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Board Games are a pretty good hideout. Just look for ones with dust on 'em, probably haven't been touched for months.

In other news, I was at my local Blockbuster and they had Racers Revenge pre-played for sale, $19.99. Since this game isnt' even a month old, and places like Funcoland (Now Gamespot) are probably charging $45 for preplayed, I couldn't pass it up.

2. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Well folks it is getting close to the midnight maddness for us collectors. There has been some reports of EPII figures showing up at stores. Anyway for those in the Bloomingdale area, The TRU had racks of the BoShek wave and EPII sneek peek figures. Also had a few of the Jedi Star fighters and AT-ST. The kohls near me had the EPII Jedi LIFE board game and few of the EPII puzzles. Also the tie-bomber and snow speeder are showing up now at local wal-marts.(I pick up a set at the wal-mart off butterfield and 53.) Happy Hunting!!

JediLars

3. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I scored some of the Frito-Lay bags that have that puzzle piece in them. They aren't much to look at, until you hold them up to the light. Damn......they look like a fricking picture!!! Really nice.

4. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    For those interested, the Chicago Toy Show will be held in St. Charles on the 28th. I've gone many times in the past(it's held 3 times a year) and have been very successful in finding alot of Star Wars items, especially the vintage ones.'Course, the "evil" collectors will have the AOTC figures there for 40 bucks a pop.

Mark

5. madchimp

madchimp Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    Yeah---that Toy Show is pretty good! I always found it a great place to find what you need---if you are willing to pay a price. Some of those guys there are just RUTHLESS on price gouging!

Rich

6. gharyz

gharyz Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Jedilars,

THANKS for the heads-up on Kohl's. They've been a goldmine!

Tuesday I visited the Wal-Mart you mentioned but found no Tie Bombers and Snow Speeders. Guess I was too late.

7. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    No prob for the info,any way I was at Wal-Mart in Sioux City and picked up two of the Playschool sets. I have notice that a lot of Wal-Marts are being reluctent to have any products out on the selves until April 23rd due to the threat from LF. Anyway, happy hunting!!

JediLars

8. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Browsing through Ebay, I see that the usual mother@#$*&^$ are already putting the AOTC figures up for bid at 4 times the price. That just really gets to me!!!!

Ah well, enough venting. Just waiting for my mom to call me back from Missouri and tell me what she's found so far for me.

9. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    The circuit is now complete. I have completed this first wave of figures, Now its trying to find a way to get them home(I am in MN)!! Oh well, I was fortunate enough that a TRU worker went in back and did grab for me a single non delux Count Dooku. Any way, I hope all are have luck completing what they needed.

Happy Hunting!!

Jedilars

10. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    To those interested, Waldenbooks has marked down their 12 inch Masterpiece Collection (C-3P0 and Aurra Sing) down from $79.99 to $19.99. This was at the one in Woodfield and they had tons left.

Mark

11. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Playskool Star Wars Jr spotted at KB Toys in Yorktown.

12. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Bargain Alert!!

The Carbon Freezing Chamber Action Playset (w/Bespin Guard) is now available at the Star Wars Fan Club store for a mere $8.99. Quite a deal, considering the playset originally went for $24.99! Check it out at:

http://swfan.wizards.com/product.asp?ProductID=5042

Mark

13. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Looks down at the one she paid full price for...."I hate it when this happens".

I just did a "buy it now" on E-bay for the Silver Anniversary Darth Vader....shot my entire food and entertainment budget for the next month on getting that figure (probably won't be able to do paintball)....if Darth ends up sometime or somewhere on "special" there will be a bulletin on the 10:00 pm news that some executive from Hasbro is having one surgically removed from his butt...cause that's where I will put it!!

14. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Like to get a spiffy SW wall calendar for $4.99? Then head to K-Mart. They have an SW Heroes & Villians 12-month calendar and an AOTC 18-month calendar for $4.99 each. Since the back of the calendar lists them as $10.99 and $12.99 respectivly, it's a pretty good deal. The Day-By-Day calendar is also only $8.49 as opposed to the list price of $12.99.

15. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey gang,

Sorry to intrude,

Boy it must nice to have these kinds of deals. Where I am from there is nothing.
    I hope everyone is well down here. Hows
    it going JediLars and JediJeff.

16. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey Crazy Mike, things couldn't be any better. I am still here, just having to much fun with the little one, plus work has got me going everywhere. Anyway, for those who would want to know, the Lombard TRU had the Exclusive X-Wing and Luke with Landspeeder. Happy Hunting!!

JediLars

PS has anybody seen the next wave of figs yet and Target Exclusives????

17. Ak-Pah_Soleb

Ak-Pah_Soleb Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2002
    I found the Target Exclusives a few weeks back. You are talking about the 4 delux figs (death star, hoth, geonosis, endor). As far as the new waves, i have yet to see them and i thought i saw them being sold online at that www.entertainmentearth.com I could be wrong though. peace

Ak

18. Ak-Pah_Soleb

Jul 29, 2002
    I found the Target Exclusives a few weeks back. You are talking about the 4 delux figs (death star, hoth, geonosis, endor). As far as the new waves, i have yet to see them and i thought i saw them being sold online at that www.entertainmentearth.com I could be wrong though. peace

Ak

19. Ak-Pah_Soleb

Jul 29, 2002

Ak

20. Ak-Pah_Soleb

Jul 29, 2002

Ak

21. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Hell of an echo in here......

22. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey folks, Just thought I would fill you in on a few things that I have seen and found in the local and outa state stores. Well, I have seen all the Delux Cantina fig's here in IL, WI, and MI. The Target Exclusives I have had my luck and completed the set except still missing the Yoda delux. Found the C-3po delux in MI. As for the rest of the newer waves. I haven't seen crap for the 3 3/4" figs. All Han wave, however I have seen the new 12" figs all over the place(Ki, electronic Obi & Jango, etc.). I was in MI this past week and they a lot of the Republic gunships at both Meyers and Walmart. So don't forget checking out your local Meyer's store too!! Any how, I will keep you posted if I see any new figs, but as of now the Mid-West area seems to be slow in geting new 3 3/4" figs. There should be at least 10 new figs out by now!!

JediLars

23. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Hi Lars, nice to see you post, though I did smirk a little because I scored a Deluxe Yoda weeks ago, I had no idea he was so tough to score. No luck with the Targets myself though.

Happy Hunting to Everyone!

24. Ak-Pah_Soleb

Jul 29, 2002
    Hey, got the new R2-D2. Lots of fun and the chicks at school dig it too. LMAO Oh well, the figure selection is sooooo terrible out here (Macomb). Havn't gotten any new figs and I managed to grab the only cantina sets that made it here. Wow do I miss civilization. Well, keeping this thread alive too. Peace

Ak

25. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    I just picked up my own R2-D2!!! My wife allowed me to buy it because of my 2nd job that I'm doing now. Very cool looking but forgot to buy the batteries for it. Damn!! Gotta wait til tomorrow to take it for a spin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.