main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL SW collecting new & old

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediLars, Dec 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    You found Cantina sets?
    I live in the "big city"....well close anyway... and I have not seen them yet! I go on scouting missions about once a week...I do have the Interactive R2 ..but have been so busy I have not taken him out of the box yet.
    I did find the Republic Gunship (finally) at Toys R Us....
    I also know that there are two new "Unleashed" figures out...Dooku and Mace...I have mine waiting for me at "Reach for The Stars"...there are also 3 new 3 3/4" figures he has for me....and supposedly the new fan favorite "Ephont Mon" is due out this week....

btw.....has ANYONE seen ANYTHING on the Silver Anniversary 3 3/4" R2 that is supposed to be a Toys R Us exclusive? The clerk at the local TRU when I bought my Gunship didn't know didly.....

2. Ak-Pah_Soleb

Ak-Pah_Soleb Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2002
    Yeah, the cantina sets are alright, want the other 3 that arn't out yet. You will have fun with R2, but be warned, he takes some getting used to and can be a bit awnry. As far as the new figs are concerned, my selection ended with Djas Puhr. Has anyone seen more than him? Also, from the local Wal-Mart(my only chance at any Hasbro SW stuff) they say that because of the crap going on at the ports in the West Coast that things are gonna be real hard to come by. Oh yeah, and I have some Aklays that I found in the Quad Cities a few months back. I've only seen 4 and I bought 2 when. Let me know if anyone else has seen them. Also, if anyone is looking for stuff, let me know what it is(no bloody stump Lukes) and if I see any I'll try to grab 'em for ya

Peace
    Ak

3. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Finally fricking found a Ki Adi. Took long enough. None else of that wave, though.

Damn scalpers.

4. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    JediJeff....
    If you are looking for ANY of the action figures.....go to "Reach For The Stars" in Steger......I just picked up some Yodas for some friends that could not find them in their neck of the woods.....and he has mostly every figure from every wave.
    and the next fan choice is Ephont Mon....and it is due out like now....Ephont may be at "Reach" when I go and pick up my stuff tomorrow.
    I got my Acklay at "Reach For The Stars" also.....

5. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Steger?!?
    My best friend lives in Crete, and I'm visting her this weekend. Where can I find this place, do they sell comics too? (She's more of a comic fan than a SW, so I'm looking for an excuse to drag her there.)

6. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    The exact address is 27 E. 34th St. Steger
    phone is 708-754-4536....
    He doesn't really deal in Comic Books..just things like Star Wars, Hot Wheels, Barbie...that kind of stuff....and a lot of stuff I have never heard of

7. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    If it's more than store price, I probably won't buy.

Half the fun in the hunt. Nothing thrills me more then walking into full pegs of new ****. Well, almost....

8. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
  9. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Dueling meta codes....

Femme, a little magic please?

10. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Nice to see that Sithy is consistant with the spelling errors. :p

Oh, and if you had any doubts about Sithman before, I think the "I love ewoks" comment pretty much cements things, don't you?

11. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    The hunt used to thrill me ....but now it's kinda....."I don't care if I pay a few bucks more....just keep me out of the malls and toy stores and away from all the screaming and spoiled kids"!

I was getting seriously bummed going from place to place...burning a tank of gas and a whole afternoon trying to find stuff and coming home empty handed...
    I find this way a no-brainer (since I have no brain)....Lou gets the stuff in....calls me and I go pick it up....but of course...I still have to search for the "exclusives"...which I am getting no where fast on the Cantina Sets...

btw..
    anyone hear anything on the R2 Silver Anniversary figure yet? I was in a TRU on Saturday and the girl looked at me with a totally glazed over expression when I asked about that one.

12. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Thanks for the address, I will check them out soon.

And just to throw this out there, I love Ewoks, and will probably overpay if Reach... has a Teebo.

13. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
  14. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey Sithman, I did not know that you hang out here. Jedi Lars and Jedi Jeff are buddies of mine :)

How is the collecting going out here...

15. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Hey Mike. :D I try to hang out here. It seems to be a hobby of theirs to run me outta town. :p

16. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Is Chicago your home base...

17. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yup, I live like a half hour from the city.

18. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    OH MY GOD!!!! YOU TOOK THEM OUT OF THE PACKAGING!!!!!!!!! THEY'RE NO LONGER COLLECTIBLES!!!!!!!!

If I only had a digital camera, I could show mine but, then again, Sithman has probably snuck a peek in the window already!!! :)

19. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I take most of my stuff out of the packaging
    but I am running out of room :)

20. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Mark... Dude, I hope you're kidding. If I wanted to see my figures in packaging, I'd just go to Toys R Us every week or so.

I mean, dude, you have TEH GUNSHIP!!!11!!! HOW COULD YOU LEAVE THAT IN ITS BOX? [face_shocked]

Unless, of course, you're kidding. :p

Sooo, any comments? Yes, I know it's a tiny collection, but I like how I display it. :)

21. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    First off, I love the Applause Ewok, Wicket rules!

Second, I like your placement, not to cluttered, a cool little scene for each shelf.

22. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    You would not like my pictures then JediAutobot as I am having issues with finding more space....

23. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    I probably would, I like cluttered to, since that encompasses my own display style.

Being a collector of SW is reason enough for clutter, but throw in Transformers and just about anything else that just "looks cool" and you are in trouble. :D

24. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, it's nice to finally meet some cool CFers. :)

If I had more money to spend (gotta save up for college, yah know), I'd love to have a cluttered room. :D

25. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Oh, my room is the clutterist around.

And Sithy, yes, most of my collection is in its packaging. The Gunship is still at my mom's house down in Missouri. Hopefully I'll be going down there for the holidays and bring it back.

I did take my interactive R2 out, though. It was just too cool to leave alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.