SW collecting new & old

Discussion in 'Chicago, IL' started by JediLars, Dec 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
  2. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I was given that title sir by the powers that be but if you want some references speak to Jeff or check out my website :)

3. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah - you might want to see a "few" of the items Mike has on his website.

I think he has earned collecting advisor, as well as "crazy".

:D
  4. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHh!

damn....i hate it when they put stuff on sale for dirt cheap that I paid an arm and a leg for!

Well.....so goes collecting I guess...you win some, you lose some....

still waiting for that "win some" thing!
  5. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
    The Walmart on Meacham in Elk Grove Village has the 12inch Denegar and Imperial Officer.

The Target in Lombard has the exclusive figures with accessories.

If you need these, go there or check your own!
  6. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    actally...I am still looking for those "exclusives"...the Cantina scenes and the Trash Compactor scenes....been checking on the south end of town and diddly down here....anyone seen em?
  7. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Hi Phyllis

The first 3 cantina scenes have been in the stores for a while now. The compactor sets have just started to show up at Wal Mart and there are 3 new cantina sets coming soon. Unfortunately on my side of the border
    things are pretty depressing when it comes to finding these items so I get everything on this side of the border...

The holiday packs are really cool too :)

How are things going with you...
  8. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Crazy Mike....
    nutty around here....I have been trying to get to Wal Mart and TRU on a semi-regular basis to find the sets...but the Wal-Mart near me REALLY has diddly!

I posted this on another thread...but I finally did a count of my Star Wars stuff (I have it all on a floppy)....the count stands at just over 900 pieces....with more than half still in their boxes.....I have decided to try and streamline new purchases...too expensive and just too many pieces...where does one put it all.....but making a decision on what to get and what not to get is always hard....sadly...I like everything...except Legos...not a big Lego person.

I just did a "buy-it-now" on ebay for one of the few Galoob Action Fleet's that I was missing...the "Imperial Landing Craft"...got it pretty reasonable...so I am doing the dance of joy on that...

If there is anything I might be able to find for you on this side of the border...let me know......

9. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    You sound like me but I do have a few Lego
    sets. Do you collect pop cans and I am
    looking for a few of the Gold Yoda ones.
  10. BobaBen Jedi Master

star 4
    do anyone know if the holiday sets are goona be avlible t one store or all around
  11. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    Crazy Mike...

The only pop cans I have are the complete set of the usual ones...(hmmmm didn't count those)...anyway...they are all opened 'cause I drank the soda...

The main things I collect are...
    Action figures...I have 362 of them on cards...another 60 or so loose (I don't count those)
    Action Fleet vehicles...have almost all of them..still missing a few...but continue to search.
    Action Fleet play sets
    Lightsabers...
    Beast Packs...
    Anything R2-D2
    Hallmark Star Wars ornaments

I have every Star Wars decorative plate ever made...
    Cinema Scenes...got all those...
    and lots of stuff that just catches my interest..
  12. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I do not have any of those collector paltes.
    That is an area that I would like to get inm to...
  13. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    from time to time, I look on e-bay to see what they are going for....not that I would sell any of them....
    some have gone up dramatically in value...and others are worth less than I paid for them years ago....
    right now, a lot of the Star Wars stuff seems to be going for a little cheaper...I just paid $30.00 for an Action Fleet that I was missing...the last time I had bid on this particular item...it went for $75.00....nutty.....

So actually, if you are interested in the plates....and they are very beautiful and well done...the time may be right to start looking.

....came back to this message....
    just looked on E-Bay....not many Star Wars collector plates up for sale...did see a Han Solo from the Hero's and Villains collection and it is up for a measly $9.99 and there are no bids on it....

The plates stack up like this:
    The first series simply called "Star Wars" had 8 plates.
    The second series was the Vehicles line and there were 12 in that series.
    Then there is the Heroes and Villains series..there are 12 plates in that series...
    There were 3 plates that commemorated all three of the original movies...
    and lastly one plate that commemorates the 20th Anniversary 1977-1997..
    Those are the only ones that I know of...
    I don't think they released any for Episode One.
  14. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Thanks for the info, but I think that my wife will kill me if I get into collecting the plates just ask Jeff :)
  15. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah...the joys of being single...
    the only one that rags on me is me!
  16. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    My wife does not rag on me she beats me !!!!
    so when I buy toys I have to decide if it is
    worth the beating that I am going to get :)
  17. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    lol....

tough decision......I would be getting the crap beat out of me on a weekly basis....
  18. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    The Dooku saber purchase hurt the wallet and hurt even more when she cracked it over my head :)
  19. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    Crazy Mike...
    Checked out your website and pictures...awesome! I keep saying that I am going to put up a website too...I kinda started one...but now I can't find my own website...lol...I am a computer doofus...better stick to collecting and costuming...

I decided the only place left to put stuff in my Star Wars Room is hanging from the ceiling...so that's where the 370 odd carded action figures are going to go.....I am in a holding pattern right now cause I vowed I wasn't going to put all the action figures out again till I got Star cases for them...Star cases (as you know) are only around $1.00 each...but when you need close to 400 of them....well....just not in the budget right now....
  20. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I know what you mean about the Star cases. I only have about 240 carded figures. The rest of them are free :)

Merry Christmas everyone !!!
  21. JodoKast74 Jedi Master

star 4
    Has anyone found any 12" Dengars? If so, where at? I'm hoping to complete my 12" bounty hunter set. Just don't tell the wife. :)
  22. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Mark, I saw one today at the Arlington Heights TRU. :) I dunno how far that is from you, though. :(

So, let us know in here when you guys start spotting the 2003 figs! A few of the ones I want most (Padmé Droid Factory and Acklay Battle Obi-Wan) were released on the 10th of January, supposedly. So, they're already out! :D

Now, it'll just take 3 months for them to get to stores. :p
  23. BobaBen Jedi Master

star 4
    Sithman

The reason the figs havnt come in yet is becuase of the shipping strike that is affecting the midwest.
  24. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    \\broods, rubs chin thoughtfully\\

Crap.

But seriously, does it really affect us? What exactly does it mean? Is literally NOTHING getting to the midwest?
  25. BobaBen Jedi Master

star 4
    Pretty much. The date i have heard for the figures are feb or march
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.