main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO SW Collecting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon, Dec 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    I thought it would be a good idea to find out how many collectors we have in the STL area. I personally am not a collector in the strictest sense, but I buy the figures whenever possible. Any collectors reading this may be upset by this, but I actually open the figures <GASP> and play with them <SCREAM>. One of my hobbies is making stop-action animations with them. If you dont' know, stop-action is taking the figures and filming a movie a frame at a time, changing details after each frame to give the illusion of natural movement. Mine, of course, aren't that natural looking (1, my models are action figures and 2, my camera doesn't let me do too many frames per second), but it's fun to watch a Bespin Luke pick up a lightsaber hilt from an accessory pack and then ignite it. So if anyone else enjoys collecting or has anything to say about the movies, let me know.

-KH

2. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    As far as toys and figs, I am kind of haphazard in my "collecting". I too open and play with my toys. I do not buy an extra one to keep unsullied. Even tho I get a few strange looks from people due to my SW toys, I don't think it's on the level it would be if I had my Lincoln logs out....

I have a few figs, a couple of the small SW Legos, several of the SW beanie type people (they populate the dash of my car, which has yet to be honorarily christened with the name of a spacecraft from the SW universe, I'm still deciding....), and a bunch of random toys such as a 12" ROTJ Luke, a few lightsabers, the SW Ep. 1 Collector Edition Monopoly, the SW trivial pursuit, some of the KFC and Taco Hell toys....

Thanks to a great day after Thanksgiving sale a TRU, one thing I do have a LOT of is the Micro Machine figures and scenes. These are cool. I would have loved these as a kid. Oh, well, I guess I'm still a kid, just a large and pretty old one. They may lack some detail, but with their miniature size (and cost) you can stage entire battles....

I am trying to collect all of the EU works of fiction, of which I have all of the adult novels, eventually I hope to replace paperback copies with hardback, but I'm in no rush. I have nearly all of the fiction for children of various ages, although I've had trouble attaining all of the Galaxy of Fear books, I fear I will have to order them and pay (nearly) full price at Amazon.com. I have now begun to concentrate somewhat on the comics/graphic novels. My focus is simply on owning the material in reasonably good and readable condition, not on having mint condition versions and keeping them that way.

What I would really WISH to have at some point, is one or two pieces of original (or quality reproductions) SW themed artwork.

3. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    Chiming in from the East Side to say that I'm a collector too. And an opener (and I play SW with my 3 yo daughter). I've got over 200 figs (counting 12") and most of the vehicles. I also have all of the electronic sabers and a couple of the Rubies costume/cheap ones.

Catch ya later,
    Steve "Steel Lepp"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.