Toronto SW Con in Niagara Falls NY?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Styrofoam_Guy, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Styrofoam_Guy FF City Rep Toronto, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Aug 2-3

http://www.summitniagara.com/html/events.html

Not much info but they are supposed to have David Prowse - "Darth Vader" and Jeremy Bulloch - "Boba Fett" for autographs

Looks like a sports store is putting it on. Another pages says tickets are $100 for both days?

2. Connemara Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    $100 for a bitty sports store con? For just two days? Even the SWCs were a better bargain than that!
  3. grey_starr Jedi Master

star 4
    NOTE the cost includes all the Autographs! it kind'a works out that way... figuring at least $25 per autograph usually right?
  4. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    I plan to be trooping the event actually
  5. grey_starr Jedi Master

star 4
    Sadly... I will be away on Holiday... so I can't go... figures... :( ... but I will be having a great time that weekend none the less!

Here's the actual page I think... http://theomegaevent.com/2008/05/2008-national-star-wars-convention/
  6. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    The details about the guests are kind of sketchy. Dave Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch, and Felix Silla are signing all weekend in a separate room at the con. There is talk of a 4th guest but nothing has been confirmed.

There are 2 ticket tiers and here is what you get with each:

$100 - Admission to the con for both days, plus 1 autograph from the Big 3 (Prowse, Bulloch, Silla) either Saturday OR Sunday. You also get admission to the main hall of the con as well as autographs from the other guests in attendance (see below)

$50 gets you admission to the main hall of the con and autographs from the other guests. You WILL NOT get an autograph from the Big 3.

Guests
    David Prowse - "Darth Vader"
    Jeremy Bulloch - "Boba Fett"
    Felix Silla - "Ewok"
    Tammy Sytch - WWE
    Dominic Filiou - ESPN World's Strongest Man
    Roxanne Chamberlin - Wife Swap
    Clark Rabbit

I have asked several times who the other guests are and have not been told anything as the promoter wants to keep it a surprise. (I know what you're thinking at this point and agree)

Autographs are from 11-5 each day.

Con Hours
    Saturday, 8/2 - 10 AM to 9 PM
    Sunday, 8/2 - 11AM-5PM

If anyone is planning on attending, please let me know. The North Ridge has been coordinating with the promoter and will be appearing both days.

There is a thread on the Buffalo forum HERE

The con isn't taking place in his store, but rather in a large empty store that is used as a community room. It used to host the Bell Aerospace Museum.

There will be several dealers inside, a DJ spinning SW related music, a metal band, Martial Arts demonstrations, duelling performed by North Ridge (provided we have both members available), and various Buffalo Sports figures mingling for pictures and autographs in the main hall.

7. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    wow thats just a bit of a rip off. It's not worth it for me to head to.
  8. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    This is the promoter's first stab at a con per say. He owns a sports card store in the mall and hosts a bunch of guests and autograph sessions each month.

If you attend in costume, I may be able to get a discount on the tickets. He offered a small number of tickets to us and I just emailed asking if we could get more. I may need to know asap so he could hold them or make arrangements for you to reserve them.

For North Ridge, he cut us a deal. The $100 is $85 and the $50 is $35.
  9. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Apparently you have to pay, even if all you wanted to do was troop. Not going now.
  10. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    Yes, it's unfortunate, but I am wiling if it means establishing a relationship with the promoter and getting a con going in the area.
  11. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I might have been willing to go... but I'm heading the opposite direction this weekend, to Barrie.
  12. grey_starr Jedi Master

star 4
    Wonder how this went!
  13. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    The emphasis was on the Con part I'm afraid.

Apparently nobody showed up (surprise $100 for admission?) the organizer was a sleaze, and the talent was ignored. It was the Buffalo fans who attended to Dave Prowse, not the organizer, and Jeremy cancelled ahead of time and it was not advertised that he wasn't coming.
  14. Styrofoam_Guy FF City Rep Toronto, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Ouch. That is too bad. I hope Dave Prowze got paid
  15. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    betcha he didn't get what he wanted.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.