main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SW Concert Ticket Fiasco...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I posted this in the concert thread but I think it now deserves it's own thread cos now it's an issue on to itself... and now I aim to misbehave... anyone else interested in joining me in spreading the pain around? :D

Ugh fierfeks... hey guys I just got a call. I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that we're still getting tickets for all the seats and such that we ordered... so they aren't in jeopardy.

However, the bad news is that apparently the promoter is only giving the discounted ticket deal to the 7pm show NOT the 2pm show that the bulk of us are going to. Mike just called and told me this and apparently he's been trying to clear this up all last week (which explains why I didn't get the tix yet) with the promoters of the event. Unfortunately that makes our 2pm show full price although he gave me the option of switching over to the 7pm show BUT that would force a new kind of mass confusion and annoyance to coordinate. The saving still come with not having to pay the Ticketmaster convenience fees and whatever other shipping fees that there are which would probably been over $10 more each ticket...

Regardless, now it's $5+ if you've already paid and if you haven't it's $35 or $55 depend which tier you guys wanted.

I am so sorry guys, I'm really disappointed and more than slightly annoyed. This lessens the glory for us all... I led the charge on this cos I was lead to believe this would be a solid deal and didn't want this to fail if we could all be together and save some $. It hasn't failed overall and we did save some $ but I feel like I've mislead you guys because of what others have promised. If you decide not to fork up the extra $5 I actually would understand. The HP Pavilion may not honor their words but I will, because I don't take back my words, and that my way of the Jedi. Especially since I lead this assault. [face_tired] :( [face_frustrated]

Although keep in mind, I am unemployed and this would be a personal loss to me of $125... Ah well... :_|

2. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Date Posted: 1:45pm Subject: Star Wars Concert Tour
    Actually... I'm gonna force the issue. FTS! (**** this ****) I'll take this up with their higher ups if I have to but they'll at least get a cordially worded ear full from me concerning this and maybe even not so cordial. I will use every weapon available and my ability to word things is one of my best. Hang tight everyone, I'm gonna go in full throttle. Glory is not lost yet! :mad:

3. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Ming, that's pretty messed up. I'm so sorry this has turned int a fiasco. Otherwise I never would have forwarded the discount offer to 501st, RL or Fan Force and just would have said 'no thanks'.

You had a written agreement from Mike in an e-mail stating what the ticket price was for the 2:00pm show. I re-forwarded it to you but you were on the original e-mail from Mike so you should have had it.

As a customer, you need to stand your ground and remind him that he quoted you a specific price for the 2:00 show which you called last week to pay for. If he made a mistake, that is not your problem and he still owes you tickets for the price which you agreed on in writing via e-mail as well as what you were agreeing to pay for over the phone when you contacted him last week. And as with any business transaction, if he won't make this right you do need to insist on speaking to someone above him. But remain calm and firm - not irate/angry (even though I know that's how you feel because I feel that way too!)

4. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    :D I just called Mike and forced the issue (cordially so no worries Kat, I'm cordial when I want to be... Kat, we thank you for offering up this deal to us to and if we have to fight for it... I'm always game. It's what I was taught to do, what I was breed to do, what I was born to do...).

Rogue Squadron will NOT stand down from this fight and will NOT retreat. On my honor... on my word or death ($ loss). There is no compromise here and yes we have pretty much a written agreement. Mike said he'll talk to his Director Steve and apparently he's getting negative feedback and other phone calls as well. I will give him 24 hours before following up.

If other clubs/people who are also being affected by this will do the same, it would go a long way to present a united front. Our own personal 300 (which is actually the amount of seats for the 2pm show that are in dispute! XD). FAN FORCE! PREPARE FOR GLORY!!!!!!!

NO SURRENDER! NO RETREAT! THAT IS SPARTAN LAW... and by Spartan law, we will stand and fight! ...an age of discounts, and all will know that 300 fans gave their last $5 to defend it!!!!!

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Okay, it's been escalated to the "Director" Steve Kirsh... This guys was very non-nonchalant and sounded like he totally doesn't give a $hit. He's all like "this kind of thing happens all the time..." but the guy totally sounded like he could care less saying "no, stores don't honor ads they put out listing they're subject to change" etc etc etc. Also saying "I understand" does nothing in the way help the scenario and didn't even sound sympathetic at all. :rolleyes:

He mentioned that he could give us $5 off the parking and I was like "Parking is like $20+ anyway?! I know people in SJ and they know the areas for way cheaper parking if not free. That is not even a issue and a lame consolation to this mistake."

Yeah, I launched every point I could throw at this fierfek but he sounded like uncompromising hutt-slime that is a hybrid of red tape and bureaucratic paper pushing tool. Mike will be in contact. Seats are still held. HOLD! HOOOOOOOOOLD!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Raise prices NOW if you want, that's okay, but not AFTER you've already taken my credit card info last week! :mad:

6. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I am so sorry this has turned into such an ordeal for you Ming but I appreciate you being willing to stand up for us. If in the end they won't give you your way, I will definatly give you the extra $5. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I know I come off militaristically insane here at times. Okay, maybe all the time. lol With my Rogue Squadron stuff... 300 quotes etc. It does feel like at times this is what I was breed to do and fighting for others (to me) is the greatest glory one can achieve in their lives (in my opinion). There is also a method to my "madness" (this is Sparta! :D) that I don't want to explain here.

Regardless, this is fun for me... :cool: As frustrating as this is as well, the idea of attempting to get this impossibility done is fun. The impossible is what Rogues do best after all. Besides... what good is glory if you can not share it with your brothers? (and sisters ;))

You guys should know that I have sent an e-mail to Mary Franklin of LFL under Matty's suggestion. We hope that maybe she can light some fires under the Pavilion cowards and get them to do what is right, over what is easy.

8. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Ming, I'm sorry to hear that there has been an issue with the tickets. I'll definitely forward you the additional $5 for my ticket. I know you're trying to get them to honor the discount, so I'll wait to see how that goes... but if it doesn't work out then you certainly shouldn't be left responsible for the additional cost. (I just hope this next-up boss guy doesn't decide to release our tickets for general sale.)

9. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    The seats we have are still reserved until they come up with something they think can appease us. To appease me it'd be unconditional surrender in honoring this agreement. Yes, hold off till we have no other choice and I get a final word and thank you for the understanding. You're also the only one that paid the extra 16 cents! I thought that was funny. [face_laugh]

I've been on the phone, e-mailing, and posting for the better part of the last 12 hours since this occured. We'll see what tomorrow will bring... Kathy has also logged her protest of this action with those tossers at the HP Pavilion representing Endor Base/RL (using more tact than I did I should say. lol) and I think the 501st will do so as well very soon.

If anything, the bright side is that all the clubs are in agreement that this sucks rocks and should be smashed flatter than a Hutt in heavy gravity... In the silver lining category, it shows some solidarity between the clubs in which is pretty nostalgic and hails back to the original formation of the SF Fan Force when Chanel was CR but then passed soon after she was chosen to represent us. For once, all the clubs that were kind at opposite ends of the spectrum with each other united to honor someone who did the impossible. That lasted for a good while too. Over the years it's grown weaker... but I'd like to think it's still there in some respect because this is an example of that spirit. Symbolism of a battle reflected with the honor of old alliances against a common enemy... It is noble, I like it. Worth fighting for.

Rogue Squadron is honored to lead this charge. [face_flag]

10. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    We have you now... :mad: I didn't even take a look at the order form till now since I was just relying on my credit card and placing my order directly with Mike but check this out everyone. Thank you Kathy for shoving this in their faces (cordially of course). I didn't even look at this till just now. (just got back from 24 hour fitness. lol)

[image=http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o330/jeditenken/gview.png]

Going forward it maybe likely that they will no longer honor this deal, however we will continue to fight for those who've already place orders prior to this utter crap fiasco that was brought forth yesterday. I was mildly annoyed before... now I'm just pissed.

They DO NOT mention that "prices are subjected to change" or what ever bs that tool Director Steve was saying... Fierfeks will pay for this outrage... [face_not_talking]

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Alright, this is my last post for the next few hours cos I need some sleep. Mary Franklin has e-mailed a reply to us and she will help us on behalf of LFL to the best of her ability. However, she has no say in the ticket matters or anything overall concerning the HP Pavilion. All she can tell them is that they should honor their original commitment to us and do what is right because we help promote an awesome event and make them look good. Whether they actually do it, is still in the end, up to them. I hope we have a decision on this in the next 24 hours cos this has gotten tiresome. [face_tired] Night all...

12. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    You mean we were supposed to pay you back for these tickets? :eek:...I keed, I keed. :D

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Considering Rogue Four already gave me your $ in cash the point is kinda moot matey. [face_laugh] Although flipping it around... You mean I was suppose to give you a ticket Rob? :p Speaking of which...

Mike dropped us a line, they are talking with the promoter and hope to get some kind of word to us with in the next 24 hours. Looks like we just gotta sit tight and stand by... If anything I'm actually kinda more optimistic on the authenticity of the tickets now. lol. Anything with this much confusion and red tape is definitely legit. It's just the HP Pavilion that's too stupid to live. [face_not_talking]

14. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    *Falls back in his command chair feeling utterly exhausted after looking at the destruction of the enemy's flag ship*

[image=http://content.ytmnd.com/content/c/d/6/cd685ebdcbea8c19b1332555098a10cb.jpg]

Hello everyone,

Great news! The original discount of $5 has been honored and the tickets will be mailed within 2 weeks.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and any misunderstanding. I know you all will enjoy the show! Thanks again for remaining patient and for your business.

Mike Nieves
    HP Pavilion Group Sales Coordinator
    Silicon Valley Sports & Entertainment

15. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Rogue Leader rocks! =D=

16. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    [image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Harlock415/Misc/icon_rockout.gif]
    [image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Harlock415/Misc/emot-H5.gif]

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I came back with my shield... ;)

[image=http://munfitnessblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/300-movie-stopping-arrows.jpg]

(not on it... lol)

18. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    good work

19. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I see you edited that 3 times before settling on "good work". Wasn't that hard to spell was it? [face_laugh]

20. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    The tickets are in the system at my house in SF! Will retrieve the tomorrow... Finally... glory is ours! [face_flag]

21. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    No problem. I didn't want you to feel abandoned. I was the one who initially was contacted regarding this offer for the fan groups. It was my duty to help you follow through with the complaint about changing the price after the ticket order had been placed. I thank you for really being on top of it and making all the phone calls. It was your credit card that was going to take a big hit. So that's a big part of the reason that unfortunately, you got caught towing the line on getting the issue resolved but I had your back and put a few hours into this myself :)

Glad it all worked out in the end.

22. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Had it just been Rogue Squadron, we would of gone it alone. [face_tired] We're use to long odds stacked against us but it was the right thing to do. It could of been impossible but it's what we do best. :cool:

Regardless, when RL and the 501st jumped into the system and contributed their fire power along with Mary Franklin giving them something else to think about there was so much relief on my end. =D=

It was team work and it was well done. Hard part is over and now we wait for glory in October. :D

23. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Good job, guys. Excellent result!

24. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Wow... recognition all the way from the UK. :D Didn't think we were that legendary... ;) Thanks!

Just checked out your fan film for Clones, funny stuff. I've heard of backyard productions before too... I can't seem to place it at the moment.

25. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000

I doubt we're the only company with that name. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.