SW Costume Info Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by kreleia, Feb 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey Denver!! Oh-Dubya has been haunting the Phoenix board lately, and recently discovered our costume info thread. He seemed to like it, so I thought I'd post it here for y'all. :) It's useful stuff (at least, I think so), and covers quite a few basics for going about making a Jedi costume. Feel free to add to it if you so desire.

Here's the link:
    SW Costume Info - Phoenix FF

See you around!
    kreleia ^.^
    (Phoenix Rep)
  2. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    OUTSTANDING! Yes, we just had a motivating costume session....actually, a blaster-party, but I'm sure we will get down to garbs as well. Thanks for sharing that with us!
  3. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Uppers for everyone to see. This is a thread you don't want to miss!!!
  4. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yay! I know where to get my colored contact lense I need! Now I don't have to pay $100 at lensecrafters. (I knew they were trying to rip me off.)
  5. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey JGC!! I had to share this info with you - I don't know if you already have one or not, so...

Ysanne Isard wig

Look at the bottom of the page!! WOOOHOO!! I finally sat down and just *hunted* everywhere today - e-bay, wig sites, everything! I found these guys through e-bay. The reason I was even looking - I'm doing an Ysanne Isard costume too. :) One of our Phoenix guys is doing Grand Admiral Thrawn, so I figured Isard would be a great addition to that. ;)

Anyway, hope your costume is coming along!! I'm excited to see it!
    kreleia ^.^
  6. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Ooo... Thanks for the link!

I originally was going to just dye my hair, but I've been really hesitant about that.

And you'll have to show me your costume one you're done! You've chosen a great one to do :D
  7. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    Jedi Girl of Corellia

what patterns do you have ? do you have any cloaks or capes ?
  8. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    A pattern for what? I can pretty much look at something and draft one. Most of the time, especially if its for a cloak or something like that, very easy.
  9. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    i need a sith robe , like darth maul , and a cloak like ROTJ luke , something mara jade would have . a friend is gonna sew them for us .

i also need to know where obey wann got his boots . i went to the sportsmans guide and couldnt find them .
  10. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    I FOUND THEM , REPEAT , I FOUND THEM! THESE ARE THE BOOTS I WAS LOOKING FOR.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/showad.html?promo_code=WX0&item_id=49646
  11. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well, for Darth Maul's robe, you need to do tons and tons of pleating, however the regular Jedi robe is just as good for him.

You can find a good tutorial for that here:
    Jedi Meditation Chamer

As for Luke's I can't quite remember if his had sleeves or not. But from looking at Simplicity's pattern #9887 letter D, you could make pretty nice one.

If I had more time I could go into half-circle cloaks, but I'll be very busy for the next few weeks... :p
  12. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    THAT SITE SENDS ME SOMEWHERE ELSE . I'LL KEEP LOOKING
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.