SW Costume Info

Discussion in 'Phoenix, AZ' started by kreleia, Dec 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capn_Kickarse Jedi Padawan

At this point, the cheapest I can produce and get a hold of materials, most likely a smugguler, Han Solo-ish style. Boots, flashy flight pants, a decent vest, various acutramuents, et cetra, et cetra....

I was thinking of eventually becomming a Scout Trooper or nn AT-AT pilot. Sorry, im a Mecha freak at heart.

Oh the other side project, a full set of CVR-3 Riding armor (ALA Mospeda, AKA the series of Robotech you cant find ANYWHERE!!!! ^:^ )

Uh-oh, im rantin' again, gotta stop that. hehe
  2. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Dude...CVR-3 ???? Awesome. Are you working up a Gallant H-90 too ???

-Void

3. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    **watches as anime mecha references clear her head by about 10 feet** Whoa! And there they go...

Anyway, yeah Han would be pretty easy to throw together, unless you're going for super-dead-on accuracy (most people don't, which is fine). Question here is older ANH Han (brown pants w/ yellow "blood-stripes") or newer ESB/ROTJ Han (navy blue pants w/red blood-stripes)? The rest of the costume is pretty basic and generally stays the same. :) Just gotta hunt down a vest, some boots and a blaster - you could put a belt together pretty easily from Tandy Leather supplies.

Got any questions, feel free to ask!
    kreleia ^.^
  4. Capn_Kickarse Jedi Padawan

Please, You couldn't get me to be HAM Solo if you paid me 1 million imperial credits! He is NOT the only smuggler in the world you know.

Maybe I should explain my side of things, then i think everyone will understand where im going with the costume thing...

I like the movies, but im not a dedicated fan. I like ALL sorts of movies equally, in the sence that I dont feel any more pull from one story to the next, i could be just as happy dressing up as a Narn from Babylon 5, or a Klingon from "The Trek", or even a member of the REF (more Robotech kreleia, gomen ^:^)
    I have a respectable role-playing background, so I fall back on that knowledge in each of these stories. The original characters are fun and all, but a LOT of people are dressing up as them. I want to be different. Han Solo was a lamer. Sure, hes been publicised, married the leader of the free world, has kids that pull the heart out of your chest if they "Really" felt like it. But its been done. I need variety. Im there to provide it.

Here is the source of my characters background. The original link, and picture is below the character bio.

There are few tragedies as powerful as the story of the man named Neex Faltoran. Born on Demar, he grew up expecting to work for the Lant Mining Corporation, as did everyone he knew. His relationship with his sisters was cordial, if sometimes cold. His father was always away on business.

At the age of 17, Neex talked his way into testing for pilot and passed with flying colors. By the time his family had found out, he had already enrolled in the LMC pilot training school and was on his way toward escaping from the harsh life of a miner. Within two years, he had his license and was flying a transport through the stars. All that changed when he met Becca Jannin.

She was several years older than he, perhaps as much as ten, and harbored a deep secret. it took nearly six months before he learned what she hid from everyone but her brother: she was a Jedi adept.

Her father, now dead, had trained her in the lost ways of the Jedi before he disappeared. She had learned later that he had been murdered by the sinister Darth Vader. After desperate pleading, Neex convinced her to train him as well. He took to it quickly, mastering the combat arts with a grace that enraged Becca's brother Pol. The younger Jannin grew jealous at the closeness Neex enjoyed with Becca, grew jealous of his marvelous talent in the Force, even grew jealous at Neex's sharp wit.

During a sparring session, Pol gave into his anger and consciously drew upon the Dark Side. He attacked Neex with a fury that Faltoran had never faced before and nearly killed him. Only Becca's arrival saved his life but she was powerless against Pol's rage. While Neex lay still and silent in an unconscious heap, Pol Jannin murdered his sister and fled.

Neex very nearly fell to the Dark Side when he woke to find Becca's unseeing eyes staring into his own. His anger seemed to overwhelm him and he trembled on the brink of total despair but a memory of closeness with her snapped him back to sanity. He attended to her body and swore over her grave that he would never fall to the Dark Side.

On a world whose name he did not know, he ran into a group of bounty hunters who had cornered a man whose aura seemed to blaze brilliantly. Without knowing why, Neex intervened and saved Deryk LooMaklynn's life. The Force truly guided his hand that day, and the two formed a bond of friendship as strong as any in the galaxy. Eventually, they joined Karl Sollus, Miq Ravetz, and Zak Danzyg on a series of incredible adventures.

On Pelagon in the Tapani Sector, Neex received a holocron from a dying woman who claimed to have once been a Jedi Knight. With reverent awe, he kept the artifact hidden from sight, even from his friends, and began devouring the lessons. Unbeknownst to him, the holocron was in fact of Sith manufacture and had been designed to lure the unsuspecting to the Dark Side.

The
  5. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    To whom it may concern.....

Hey Team. I just got some stuff that is supposed to loosen and soften leather on new boots. Since I don't want to break in boots the old fashion way, marches and blisters, I decided to cheat. If it works I'll be more than happy to lend it to anybody else that has new boots for outfits.

-Void Dancer
  6. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    **finally reads Capn's looooooong post all the way through**

:eek: Woooowwwww.... **awe** Oh man. We could seriously do the most kick-@$$ costume with this. Exactly what kind of Sith look do you want? The tatooed Maul-look, the masked Vader-ish look, or do you want to go completely your own way? **rubs hands together** Oh yeah, this one could be lots of fun. :D

Thing is, I can't promise that we'll have anything put together for you before the line-up. :( Mainly because I'm swamped right now. I do suggest you start brainstorming by writing and sketching out what you'd like, though. Every little bit helps, and then we can start refining and constructing. Whad'ya say?

kreleia ^.^
  7. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okaaaay... Amber has moved her most magnificent Jedi Garb site once again. Here's the latest (and hopefully permanent) location:

http://www.rebellegion.com/jedigarb

kreleia ^.^
  8. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Look, at the top of the forum! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's...the SW Costume Info thread!!

With all the talk of making costumes for the line-up I thought I'd send this to the top.
  9. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  10. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  11. DarthFeldman Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, if anyone wants to make a Jawa costume.. I can help..lol

we need an entire pack of jawa running around, dont we?

just dont expect to breathe in it!
  12. DarthFeldman Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, and if your looking to BUY and not make your own lightsaber..
    try
    www.parksabers.com

awesome sabers at a semi decent price

just ask LP
  13. harpm1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Those are some cool sabers!
    Why is it that all the neat toys are expensive.

Guess I'll just stick to the one I'm building which when finished will probably have cost at least $150 including the tools I had to get.

Hopefully I'll finish it before the summer is over! ;)
  14. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    bump for dago-bubba. :)
  15. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  16. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Next time hit it, it's how we fixed terminals back at Intel :)
  17. LORDPARSEC Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey all, I thought I'd drop a line to mention that my school's (MCC) Theatre department is going through and possibly getting rid of a bunch of costume pieces. I'm not sure if it'll be anything worth going through but you never know. And since I am working there this summer, I will keep my eye on it and take anything they get rid of. Please don't go down there and start asking for stuff yet! I'll see what they've got and maybe I'll bring it to the next meeting and you all can go through it...
    LP
    PS. Please don't get your hopes up. They may only get rid of old modern day stuff and keep all the fantasy... who knows.
  18. hippie1kenobi Force Ghost

star 3
    Don't know if this will help but for Halloween '99, McCalls (maybe Simplicity?) had a Jedi pattern that was actually pretty accurate. It was called "Space Wizzard" or some other non-copyright infringing name. ;)
    It had the pattern for the outer tunic and the robe, and obviously the tunic pattern was easily modified to make the inner tunic.

I didn't save the pattern (d'oh!) so I don't know the pattern number or if it has been available at Halloween every year, but if you are like me and know how to sew but need a pattern to work from, this might be something worth looking for.

19. Darth_Greedo Jedi Master

star 3
    I have a small problem I have somewhat of a costume. Just the beggining. I also have the money to pay for someone to help me make the rest of my costume I just cant sew or do any type of crafting except metallurgy and clay molds. So if someone is willing to help me I will willingly pay for supplies and maybe something a little extra for them.
  20. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Here's a link kreleia just passed along to me, so I thought I'd post it here. It's not technically Star Wars, but most of their stuff could be pretty easily adapted to a Star Wars theme.

Ravenwood Leater
  21. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay, just stumbled across a link to this site on the Costuming and Props board. :D

If ANYONE is interested in doing any kind of pilot, or a costume that requires a jumpsuit, check out this site!!

OnLine Sales 4 Less

They have orange flight jumpsuits (HINT!!).

^.^
  22. Kirana_T Jedi Master

star 4
    Does anyone have an alternative recommendation for cloak fabric? I am reluctant to use wool. It just seems awfully warm. I know lots of you have really nice cloaks, and I was just wondering if you used the recommended wool, or if you found something lighter that hangs right?
  23. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral Jedi Master

star 3
    I just made a black cloak for my Jedi Robes that was made out of something called "Linen-look-alike" I don't know if that's the real name for it, but I can find out at my fabric store. I think it hangs right. If you're going to be at this Saturday's meeting, I can show you and see what you think. I will find out the name of the fabric for sure by then.

MTFBWY :)
  24. Kirana_T Jedi Master

star 4
    That would be great, Jedi Meg. Thanks! I will be there on Saturday.
  25. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral Jedi Master

star 3
    No problem!! :) Especially for a fellow Star Wars fanatic!! :D

Hey thanks kreleia for putting up a thread like this! I hear you are quite the costumer!! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.