main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx SW Costume Info

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by kreleia, Dec 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    LOL!! [face_laugh]

You're welcome Meg. :D I'll say this - I definitely wish I was better at my "craft." Although every little bit helps. And, hey, I *had* to get this group involved in costuming somehow! It's not easy costuming by yourself. **laugh** Geeks unite!!

^.~

2. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Hey!!! I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!! LOL [face_laugh] I have no qualms about being a geek, it is WAY too much fun!! 8-}

edit=spelling

3. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    I know!! WOOHOO!!! Geekdom ROCKS! [face_laugh]

4. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    You said it!! Now I must say, I saw your White Gown costume at Rebel Legion and I was very impressed! I think you are well on your way to mastering the "craft"! I could probably learn a thing or two from you! [face_laugh]

5. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    We are not geeks!!!!! I prefer fervent devotee.

We just didn't forget about the child in us :D

quote: I may get older but I refuse to grow up!

edit: I'm wondering if it's to late for a Lobot Costume?

6. army_no_arms

army_no_arms Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    It is never to late for a Lobot costume. I have never seen one so you would probably have the monopoly on it.

7. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    I've already got the haircut... Or should I say No-Haircut. :p Ok bad joke, I know. :D

What's left, the outfit and the headpiece. Although I don't think I could be that quiet!

8. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    Lobot would ROCK!! Go for it!! [face_laugh]

9. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Yes Diesel_Dave Lobot! Go Lobot!

MJA

10. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    Just so you know... The almighty Wallet has more say than me but maybe I'll give it a shot

11. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
  12. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
  13. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
  14. QuiGon_butnot4gotten

QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    I prefer Bonk Bonk!

15. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I took my RFT helmet apart last night and am in the process of priming and painting it. I'd like to have it nice and shiny before SDCC. The styrene was already yellowing and showing it's true colors. I knew it would happen, but decided that I should add one more headache before we head out to SDCC. [face_plain]

Hopefully it comes out OK.

16. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
  17. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    Anyone have pictures of me in my Lobot Costume?

Even though it is the 1.0 headpiece. :p

18. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Thank you kreleia for your info (on page one of this thread) regarding Copper Saguaro in Scottsdale. I stopped by there yesterday (12/4/2002) to see if they had leather for my Jedi costume. They have officially been bought out by Tandy Leather and are having a grand opening sale!!

(Here is the big part) From now through Saturday (12/7/2002) all normal inventory is being sold at wholesale prices. I was able to pick up the necessary leather strips, rivets, posts, snaps, tools, stain, and everything I need to make the belt (minus the pouches) for around $40. If you ever wanted to make an authentic looking Jedi belt and were waiting for the right prices.. now is the time! Here is their address: 1126 N Scottsdale Rd, Suite 6. Just north of the 202 on Scottsdale Rd in the shopping center with Pure Fitness. Enjoy!

19. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    EEEP!!! That's the only part of my costume I have left to make!!! Darn the luck! I won't be down there till next weekend!

AHHHHHHHH!

20. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    I do the costuming thing, too, but not with Star Wars. My hobby (and a very expensive one, at that) is making historically accurate period costumes (Civil war era, Victorian era, Renaissance, Colonial, etc.). Now is my first attempt at a costume for a character. I'm actually making a Bria Tharen costume, complete with a red wig. I'm having to alter some of the patterns I already own in order to do this, so I hope is turns out. I'll let you guys know how it works. And when I get my scanner up, I can even post a sketch of how *I hope* it will look.

Note: For the knee-high brown leather boots, I was at Wal-Mart the other day and saw a perfect pair with the right size heel for $14.92 and bought them. Christmas Present for MJ!!!

21. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    You're gonna make us cry at Renn fest this year when we show up with our costumes aren't you :p

22. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

Nov 12, 2002
    Don't worry Void , I'm not critical of others' costumes. I just enjoy making them and wearing them (especially to Renn Faire!). 8-}

23. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2002
    I spent my vacation last week making an outfit for the Renn faire. But unfortunately, it came out looking like a Disney princess costume, so I shall not be wearing it.

I know this is a SW thread, but anyone have any good patterns they can suggest for a Renn faire dress? I'm pondering the thought of making a gypsy-like costume next.

24. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    It is not a Disney outfit!! well, mostly...

<grin> It is actually kind of cute - choadsgirl and I got to see it at thanksgiving...

It needs a little more FOOF! but other than that, should be fine.

25. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

Nov 12, 2002
    Just be careful with your fabrics as well. If you have any questions, go ahead and PM me, I will be more than happy to answer them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.