San Fran, CA SW Costuming

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by padme_skywalkr, May 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I need fabric! I will go shopping when i have the time because my days keep getting a bit busyier each day.
    So anyhow are there any others who are working on a costume?
  2. Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master

star 4
    I still got my X-wing flight suit to tweak. Need to get the vest and such. Any ideas on what materials I can use for that, oh costuming wise one? ;)
  3. padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I have no clue...but I can ask the great CJ from RL. He has that costume...
  4. Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master

star 4
    cool let me know what he says.
  5. The_Rock Jedi Youngling

i want a costume!!! looks like im gonna have to put my skills to work and make a costume. Hmmmm...now i gotta figure out what i wanna be...and ideas?
  6. Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master

star 4
    Depends on what you perfer. Form over function and also what characters you like. For example stormtrooper aromor is pretty cool to have and wear. At the same time it's hard to move in, sitting down is a pain, it's hot in the body glove and helmet, costs a fortune, and I imagine going to the bathroom is difficult. lol TIE pilot aromor is better but still can get hot I hear but there are ways to put in fans into the helmets for both. The rebel costumes breathe a lot better such as Jedi or X-wing pilot gear. Also if you like to have your face in pictures the Rebel costumes allow that while most Imp costumes will have masks and such so it's hard to tell folks apart. The only Imp costumes who don't have that restriction is the Imperial Officers and those are ok. I myself have a Jedi outfit and gear and I'm working on my X-wing pilot outfit as well. There also the options of bounty hunters and other free lancer folks like smugglers who work for both sides if the price is right. Another factor people may have is that costumes that invovle some kind of armor tend to run at higher prices so that's another thing to look for.

Padme_S is out residential costume person here so she'd have a better idea on how to get you in to some SW gear and what you can be.
  7. Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master

star 4
    Also if you want more costuming ideas and such you should look at and talk to the Rebel Legion and the 501st. They are the huge costuming clubs for SW across the country, light and darkside respectively. They're cool folks and that do all kinds of charity events where you can dress up and help folks in your spare time if you'd like.

Padme_S, Jed_Head1 and I were recently at a community service event being held by the 501st where we down our costumes for San Carlos's Kid's Day. It was fun and the people and kids were cool. Free snacks and drinks too! ;) But yeah, having a SW costume is fun.

www.501st.com and www.goldengategarrison.com for Imperial costumes

&

www.RebelLegion.com and http://www.goldengategarrison.com/rebel/main.htm
    for the Rebels. Check out the pics of the members and maybe you can get ideas for your own outfit. I'm on the Rebel Legion somewhere myself. lol Page 8 I think? Ah well...
  8. padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Here is a picture of Kid's Day...

[image=http://www.vanecek.com/chanel/images/kd214.jpg]
  9. Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master

star 4
    Your liking Ysanne Isard alot I see P_S. If you get the chance, pick up the 5 books of the X-wing Rogue Squadron series which include: Rogue Squadron, Wedge's Gamble, The Krytos Trap, The Bacta War (my fav), and Isard's Revenge.
    We're still working on getting XvT working at Cyberhunt so maybe by next meeting we'll have a LAN party along with Jedi Outcast. There also some new LucasArts games coming out in the Fall, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, aka the add-on to Jedi Outcast, along with SW Galaxies. Also Republic Commando but that's gonna be in summer of 2004.

I'm gonna have to talk to some friends of mine at LucasArts and see if we can have a special release party when the games are out. It would be a SF Fan Force event of course so we'll see. :)
  10. padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hey..its a costuming thread....lol...had a blast yesterday at a fellow GGG member's house. I gutted my TFP helmet & got some holes cut out for ventilation. I got that huge cancer bump in the back melted down. The helmet looks sooo good thanks to JC. I took pic in the complete outfit. I will post them later.
  11. The_Rock Jedi Youngling

i think I'll work on a jedi costume...but you guys probably have a ton of jedi's. I wanna be something that isnt common...a costume that is different. i'll be a twil'lak(i know i spelled it wrong) j/k :p...what about those red imperial guards....are there any of those costumes in the club?or how about the blue guards? or even a clone trooper? decision, decisions....
  12. Rogue6 Jedi Master

star 2
    Hey Dwayne Johnson,

It would be cool to make a unique Jedi outfit. The Red Imperial Guard gear is pretty simple. You can search online some of Guard's sites. Maybe even the 501st site may have contacts on how to make one.
  13. Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master

star 4
    I think the Jedi costumes can be the most versatile to make. Stormtrooper and Clonetrooper armor aren't that versatile but I've seen some cool armor with nice paint jobs, not just the standard white that's as easy to pick of as British Red Coats. I have seen one clone trooper from the Rebel Legion I believe, and stormtroopers are plentyful. There are a lot of Jedi but I have not see a male Twi'Lek Jedi.

There is a male Twi'lek Jedi in the "Tales of the Jedi" comic series so that's definetly a unique possiblitly. There are very few costumes out of the movies that I haven't seen done. Mainly some of the Jedi from the area battle in AOTC and I have NEVER seen a Gungan... hahaha but I guess the reason for that is obvious... lol I guess I haven't seen the A-wing pilots, and Y-wing pilots from ROTJ. Also Mon Calimari, Rodians, Gamorrean Guards, most Cantina bar aliens, and Jabba's Palace Aliens I haven't seen.
  14. padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling

star 2
    My next projects are going to be the Imperal officer you see as my icon. I really would like to have a Royal guard costume too! But the helmets are so expensive! I also want an AT AT pilot too...Ya know any Imp. costumes that arent so common.
  15. The_Rock Jedi Youngling

hmmmm...I think I'll start on the Red Imperial Guard costume first. I have always liked the way they looked
  16. JedHead1 Jedi Master

star 5
    All I can say is that one should pick a costume that not only suits their body type, but their personality as well. Have fun making and wearing it! Who cares what people say! We wear costumes not because we have to, but because we WANT to!
  17. padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Wow arent we prepping to be a 501st costuming snob! Lol..j/k..
    Yes it is more visually appealing when people do that but I dont always agree with that. Costuming is something that people can do because it has that fantasy aspect to it. If someone (for example) always wanted to dress up as a character but had different skin tone or hair color, or was a different weight or height than the character doesnt mean they shouldnt dress up. Its suppose to be fun! Believe me people tend to forget that all time. Im not bagging anybody here but I wanted to post this point out. Since I do hang out with so many CS & h*ll I am one too ;) but on a different level.
  18. JedHead1 Jedi Master

star 5
    I guess you're right; as long as some guy doesn't copy that "Man Fay" Valentine by doing a "Slave Leo" or something! Yuck!
  19. Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master

star 4
    Just don't dress as a Jedi Robe that allows you to crap in your pants and no one would know. ;)
  20. JedHead1 Jedi Master

star 5
    That's the best thing about that costume!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.