main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit SW:Darth Vader and Ahpra (2016-)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lexotic, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Lexotic

Lexotic Jedi Padawan

Dec 31, 2014
    Would you guys recommend reading Aphra while still reading the Darth vader comic? Some would tell me to finish Vader first, but you know.. watching the prequels and OT alternately could give a surprisingly well experience.

2. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    The Aphra series takes place after the Darth Vader comic, so I'd suggest waiting. Now that you bring it up, it could be interesting to read Aphra earlier to learn more about her character, so I guess the choice is up to you. However, the Aphra series might contain spoilers for the Vader series, so keep that in mind.

3. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Well, by virtue of there being an Aphra comic, you already know that she survives. That's probably the only really important spoiler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Yes the Aphra comic takes place after the Vader series and a lot of the understanding you have about her character will be dependent upon reading the Vader series. It isn't a 100% necessary but if you want to get a good feel for her character it probably would be advised that you read the Vader series first,

5. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    I would read DV first as it would give you a better appreciation of the Aphra ongoing series. While you're at it, if you haven't already, I would also read the Vader Down and Rebel Jail arcs as those give color to some of the current events in the Aphra ongoing. The DV comic is addictive, so I think it wouldn't be that much of a delay. Highly recommend the Aphra ongoing...my favorite comic.