main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY SW Day at Toys R Us - May 15th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    We've been invited to come out in costume to the Henrietta and/or Greece Toys R Us to help celebrate their Star Wars Day on Sunday May 15th (not sure what times, but probably afternoon for a couple hours like we did April 2nd).

TRU was wondering if we had enough volunteers/costumers to split between the two stores or to just all go to the same one? So how many people are interested/able to participate on May 15th?

~Doc_Bev

2. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Holy Crap ! we are going to have one busy MAY. I suppose I can be there! maybe instead of trying to split up the group, why do we do one earlier & then carpool over to the other later that day?

3. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    I don't think I can make it! I will still be on the way home form Richmond VA. Sorry-

Duane

4. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I think I can make it... its always a little tricky this far in advance. But they were so nice last time we were there I'd hate to let them down :)

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I do like the idea of doing one store and then the other. It's more fun to "troop" as a group then to have us split up. I'll ask TRU what times they are advertising this event for in their Sunday flier and see if we could swing doing both.

~Doc_Bev

6. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Cameraman/Photographer reporting for duty :)

7. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    It should work for me. I am in.

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    OK I like that suggestion Tom.
    How about 10:30am-12:30pm at the Greece TRU, have a group lunch and then travel to the Henrietta TRU (or travel to Henrietta then do lunch) by 2:30pm and then leave there around 4:30pm?

Volunteer list:
    updated 05/12 6:40pm

Definites/Interested:
    KnightShade
    Doc_Bev
    T_StarFlyer
    SWF-JPB (Henrietta definite, Greece tentative)
    TX4277
    RSWingnut
    MadKidJedi

Unavailable:
    TD-2709
    Adam R.

Maybes:
    DarSolo

By no means do folks have to do both stores either. If you are only able for a shorter time and/or one store is closer to you then the other - that's perfectly fine.

~Doc_Bev

9. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Darn, I do not get out of work till 11am so I would not be there in Greece until 12. I want to play all day with you guys. Oh well. At least I can do TRU over here at 2:30 again. Hopefully my nephew will make it. He'll get a kick out of Chewie and the gang. I'll make sure he brings his yoda saber for pictures.

Wait, what am I thinking thats Sunday, I can play all day. I am there for both.

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Before I touch base with TRU again, I just wanted to make sure that the above volunteer list is still accurate.

~Doc_Bev

11. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    looks good here

12. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    I will be at Hen. TRU at 2:30 Hopefully my niece and nephew make it.

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I just sent an email to TRU confirming the times we'll be at each store. Please let me know if there are any corrections to the volunteer list.

~Doc_Bev

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    So where do folks want to go to lunch in between time? Many restaurants are in both Henrietta & Greece, but there are some that are only in one or the other.

My first suggestion would be the Perkins that's right in the parking lot with the Greece TRU. We could walk right over if it isn't raining...

~Doc_Bev

15. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Perkins is good..
    It might be a good idea to try and find a restaurant in the Greece/Gates area because the restaurants in Henrietta can get a wee bit pricey. Unless we go to Wild Wings again which was just awesome.

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Since I got a question about this I thought I'd better make a post with the final details:

Sunday, May 15th

Greece TRU
    10:30am-12:30pm

Lunch - Location TBD
    1pm-2pm

Henrietta TRU
    2:30pm-4:30pm

If folks are able to get to Greece a little earlier to change and be in costume by 10:30am that would be great, but is not essential.

~Doc_Bev

17. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    There is a chance that Han will make it to Greece at 10:30. I may get out of work early this Sunday.

18. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    If u need any more costumed help let me know sunday is pretty open for us here ;)

19. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Our events are always open to you guys!

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Absolutely - come join us!!
    Here's the addresses for both of the stores we'll be at.

~Doc_Bev

21. Padawan_adri

Padawan_adri Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 14, 2001
    I missed the parade but i'll see what my dad thinks about this one when he gets home

22. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    It was great fun today a long walk but great fun. tomorrow should be fun too

23. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    As Connor is really sick, there's a good chance I won't be able to make it to TRU tomorrow. KnightShade will still be coming either way, but I'd feel real guilty dropping Connor off at Grandma's the way he is right now. I'm hoping after a good night's rest that he'll be feeling better, but of course I can't tell that until the morning...

~Doc_Bev

24. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Totally understandable, I hope C-man gets better soon

25. Padawan_adri

Padawan_adri Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 14, 2001
    okies, I'm gonna try to get enough stuff donr tonight to catch you guys for at least some of the first one, but my dad says its not likely, but i will be at the second one for sure. Off to work, bai

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.