main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Day @ Disneyland Report (PotC Included)

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    OK...the basic lowdown Day by Day of what happened this weekend!!!

Friday:

Siri and I arrived at the Hotel about 9:00 p.m. (after a detour though Hollywood.. I STILL love that place!!) Still recovering from Car Wreck, so we decided to just stay at the hotel. (Everyone who knows me ...knows that KILLED me NOT to go to the Park..but the "owies" said.."NO!"

Saturday:

5:45 A.M. AT DISNEYLAND Main Gate..waiting to be let in for the PotC Red Carpet Event. 6:30 let into the Park..decide to look around at then find a place at the front of the barriers to see the cast and crew later on...6:35 decided we better get our behinds over to the LAST place available to see the cast and crew later on. So, pulled out blankies, icepacks, umbrellas, misters,LOTS of ice water, meds, and got the Master as comfy as possible, laying on Main Street..right in front of city hall, until the event started at about 6:00 p.m.

Approximately Noon: DarkLordSid calls...having trouble with the Jedi Rental Company..(hmm our plan ALMOST worked)..but Darkness prevailed and they made it down about 4-5 p.m. But did not come to the park (which closed at 5:00) Siri and Kenobi got to watch all the people come down the pretty red carpet and just had a blast talking to some other crazy PotC fans on the blanky next to them. We met up with Sid and the Mrs. about 9:30 or so at the hotel.

Sunday: UNOFFICIAL SW DAY!! Got there about 9:30, Lady Cieone and Master Kenobi rented Electronic Carts as she had a foot injury and Kenobi just plain hurt all over.."Boga? was the name given by Kenobi to the green beastie,, while "Phred" carried her ladyship like a champ.... We then met Lord and Lady Vader over at Carnation for our SCFF Meeting Breakfast. By the unanamous "pointing of fingers" Master--Kenobi was elected "Leader for the Weekend!" At the meeting, Santa Cruz FF Boardwalk Day was discussed, as well as ComicCon, WorldCon, LosCon, WonderCon, and of course, CIV. Also discussed was The Starfighter, and upcoming charity events. Future Costumes were discussed (and dang are there ALOT!) as well as a possible group trip to Walt Disney World. (Seriously...) :) 1/2 way through breakfast we were joined by Qui-Gon and Mrs. Jinn from Las Vegas. Discussion then continued to looking at the plans for Darth's Speeder, and discussions for future modifications (in the works) for Lady Vader and Siri's speeders..

....Our Carfighter fleet continues to grow!!

We then met up with AniSkywalker and her younger brother. The meeting continued at a dead run (and full throttle) as we learned that the "soft opening" for PotC was happening. There we continued the meeting in line and was joined by a number of OCFF members. Discussion continued regarding our involvement with them in WorldCon and ComicCon as well as CIV. We all got to ride together and enjoy the most amazing AA's I have ever seen. (Also was told later by a CM that Johnny Depp had spent most of the morning riding boats with Make A Wish Kids and giving them the "tour" as Capt Jack! ) :)

(We did miss the luncheon at Pizza Port as we unabashedly chose the Pirates opening (as did the others LOL) Later on we all went to Star Tours. Kenobi sat that one out (as did Siri) while the rest of our little group forged ahead to conquer Space with Pee Wee Herman.

The picture event was awesome with what looked like 2-3 times the amount of people that were there last year. And, of course, DarkLordSid was the ?official? photographer once again for San Diego Fan Force. Lots and Lots of hugs and getting to see friends all the way around. Plus new people to meet! (and continue to run into all around the park) Even the CM?s were all excited and supportive of SW Day. Hopefully a bit closer to making it official with the mouse!.

Rest of the day was spent enjoying the park, PotC and the atmosphere!!! Just a great great day. Oh, and Anakin, Kenobi, Sid and Mrs. Sid all went on Space Mountain. Kenobi decided that since it was smooth, it was worth a try. (In fact, it was the only ride that didn?t hur

2. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Soooooo, Master K, I hear you got problems with your Wookiee? What you got in mind to bring him into line?

*waits for the reply*

3. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    HA HA GOT IT FIXED!!!!!

4. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Well, I guess that would change his attitude...sure works for the cats...

5. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    LOL @ Sid!

Sounds like you had fun and managed to make it back in one piece. Now, where's the pics??? HMMMM?

6. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    As soon as Jos gets them uploaded!!!!!

7. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I know..I know...patience Young One. O:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.