main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX SW Day @ TRU - ALOT OF FUN !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by ObiJuan70, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Greetings Friends, I want to say Thanks to everyone that was able to make this one, this was a HUGE TURNOUT and it went off REALLY WELL :)

I want to thank Amy and the Awesome staff at Toys R Us for inviting us to take part in this. We will definitely have to do this again :)

Can't wait to see all the pics from the event and they will be on the site soon . . .

Take Care

John
    TC-7012

2. StormLeader

StormLeader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2002
    Agreed John, It was one of the best turnouts and events. Thanks to you and Lisa for inviting Kim and myself as well as the 501st. Very well done and thanks again to Amy and Toy's R Us. It was a blast. Everyone looked great!!! Hope the group sold a few more Mission's tickets.

Jim Marshall
    501st Stormtrooper TK-6411
    Star Garrison Public Relations Officer
    South Texas Squad
    San Antonio, Tx
    210-862-6652

3. DarthDan1

DarthDan1 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2005
    Just wanted to say it was deffinately worth going into work late today. Even though i was sweating like a stuck pig in my vader suit, just the look on most of the kids faces when they saw us was well worth it and is the exact reason why I do this, to share the joy of star wars. :)

3 DAYS!!!!!!

Also just an idea cause ive done it in the past, have yall thought about maybe doing a StarWars type event at Fiesta Texas. Before 911 when i first made my vader suit i used to go there in costume and it was a big hit. Most of the people thought i worked for the theme park and took hundreds of pictures. It was the greatest fun. Of course after 911 they started forbidding people from entering the theme park with any kind of helmet or object that obscured thier face. BUt if we go through the theme park im sure wed be ok.. Like i said its just an idea :)

See yall in 3 days :)

DarthDan

4. lordsinner

lordsinner Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    You were rockin. Every story we have to tell is , "Vader and us" . Hmmmm, check u later mr. vader.

Lord Sinner

5. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    http://www.thejedicounciloftexas.com/truevent05.html

SOME of the pictures from Today's event - MORE ON THE WAY !!!!!!!

TC7012 - OUT !!!

6. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    The event was just amazing. Toys R Us had nothing but great things to say about us and they had numerous compliments from customers.

We did good people. I was impressed at the turnout and the looks on the kids faces was well worth the effort.

7. lordsinner

May 9, 2005
    Like Yeah. It was great. You summed it up in one sentence. Or was that two sentences. I lost count.

Lord Sinner Out

"I will not fight you."

"Give yourself to the dark side."

"So you have a sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me, now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the dark side, then perhaps she will."

"No!"

And then the amazing lightsaber duel. Will Episode III duel top that one?

I leave you with that question.

8. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    First off Nick, shouldn't you be in school? Second, you thought the lightsaber duel in ROTJ was awesome? It was good, but the Maul, QUi-Gon, Obi-Wan duel made that look like Tranformers vs. Gobots!!

No comparison. The Episode III duels (all 5 of them: Obi-Wan & Anakin vs. Dooku, Obi-Wan vs. Grievous, Mace, Aegen Kolar, Kit Fisto, Saesee Tinn vs. Palpatine, Yoda vs. Palpatine, and finally...the duel I have personally been waiting 26 years for...Anakin vs. Obi-Wan.) WILL ROCK THE BOX.

'NUFF SAID.

9. lordsinner

May 9, 2005
    I'm done with school for the semester. I am trying to get in for the Summer semester but that doesn't start until like June or something like that.

And yeah, I was just double checkin for an opinion on the duels. I know Episode III duels are going to be awesome and that the Episode I and II duels were way better than the ROTJ. I was seeing if anyone disagreed. What's your costume gonna look like. Are you gonna be a jedi, sith, or a stormtrooper. You can PM it to me if you want to. I just have to find out. You'd make a pretty awesome sith and jedi. A stormtrooper would also be rockin. However, that armor must get pretty heavy. I don't think I would survive as a stormtrooper.
    Oh, hey, I got a job at the library at UTSA only for a week. I'll be working 40 hrs but at least I'll be getting some money. Talk about cool aye.

Check ya later.

Lord Sinner Out

P.S. Darth Maul duel was a good one. Especially when Obi-Wan got in their and showed him who's boss. Jedi rock above all else man.

10. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    My costume? That is top secret.

11. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    More Pics have been added to the Website !!!

I hope to receive more soon :)

Take Care

TC7012 - OUT !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.