main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Disney Weekends.

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by darkladyhannasolo, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    Is anyone planning on going? I'm thinking of going the first weekend by myself. Trying to find people to hangout with while there. Never been to the SW weekends.

2. ksomm814

ksomm814 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    Check out here:

http://sww.studioscentral.com/main/

Lots of good information and friendly people who are eager to help a first-timer. They've already planned a few meets on the first weekend. Check out the info here:

http://www.studioscentral.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7414&st=0

3. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    We are going week 1. Can't wait to be there for reopening of Star Tours.

4. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    I was thinking of going for the Launch of Star Tours 2 also.

And the rumor that the notorious GL may be going is another reason to go. :)

5. MouseSkywalker

MouseSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2011
    Hi Everyone, I'm not trying to spam, but I am part of the Disney/Star Wars fan community trying to organize an event during the first Star Wars Weekend.

Would anyone be interested in a breakfast INSIDE Disney's Hollywood Studios BEFORE park opening on Sunday, May 22 during opening weekend for Star Tours and Star Wars Weekend? Here's your chance. You're invited to join us!

The breakfast would be in the Backlot Express (right next to Star Tours) on Sunday, May 22 from 7-9:30a. When the park opens at 9am, we would be right next to Star Tours, and you would be among the first in line for Star Tours (you will need theme park admission if you want to stay in the park after opening).

This would be an event for charity with all proceeds going to Give Kids The World. Give Kids The World is the Village where children with life threatening illnesses stay when they have a wish to visit Walt Disney World. Based on what Disney would charge us for the food and venue, in order to raise funds for GKTW, The cost would be $50/person. [I'm checking with Disney now to see if the charge for food would be less for children (ages 3-9; 2 & under)].

People line up incredibly early to get into Hollywood Studios for Star Wars Weekend, and there is going to be a huge demand for the new Star Tours ride. You will still need to get to the park early, but why not come join us, have breakfast, and wait comfortably right next to the new attraction?

Check out this thread for more information.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2678327

6. jedigirl711

jedigirl711 Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2011
    Pixie Vacations has a special offer for Star Wars Weekends stays. It includes the dining plan, discounts on your room at Boardwalk Inn, Yacht Club, or Coronado Springs. It is an excellent deal, and they are the only company with the offer! Go to PIXIEVACATIONS.COM and request a free quote. If you are going to go, you might as well save money :)

7. Mickey_Mouse

Mickey_Mouse Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    Just got back from WDW....and I have to say the new verion of Star Tours is SWEET. The 3D is more smooth than any other attraction; MuppetVision 3D, Captain EO, and Bugs Life all have that annoying "double vision" thing going...but Disney's imagineers have outdone themselves. I rode the Kashyyyk/Death Star scenario....just plain perfect.

In terms of story...it puts the prequels to shame. Star Tours II does in 8 minutes what three movies couldnt do.

The only complaint I have about it is that Aly-San-San is completely CGI. Would have been cool to actually have a real animatronic puppet in the queue video.

[image=http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j334/MouseFan1984/WDW2011048.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.