main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA SW Donations needed for Prize Baskets at Comic-Con

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Since the IEFF has been offered a corner of San Diego's FF sign-up table at the Comic-Con, a few of us have come up with a great idea to help encourage fan to sign up and become members of our group.

Every person that signs up with IEFF during CC will be entered into a drawing for a basket of really cool SW items. AaS and I figured we could do the drawing at our first meeting after the CC to really encourage the new sign ups to show up.

Here is where all of us come in: I need donations of SW items to make up the basket. [face_praying] We all have duplicates of different SW items or things we picked up and no longer want/need. It doesn't matter how big or small, I'll take anything! It will depend on how much is donated as to how many baskets there will be to give away.

So, please dig through your boxes, bags, stacks and piles of SW related items and pick out some things that you can live without. PM me so I can figure out who's donating what and how we might get together so I can get it before CC.

Thanks! You're all terriffic!!! =D=

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I'll have a look i my box, wont have much cos most of my stuff is still in the UK.

I can chuck in some discounts for theme parks and such.

3. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    I can donate a whole basket if you guys want. This is one of the internet businesses I'm starting. Sci-fi themed gift baskets,star trek/star wars wedding cake toppers. I'm putting together Star Trek and Star Wars themed Baby baskets too. I also do candy wrappers. I couldn't sell these individually because of licensing, but I can make IEFF, Star Wars themed miniature size or regular size candy bars that you can give out a jar full etc. Also, have the Star Wars themed candy molds if you'd be interested in a basket like that, or just some to put in basket, etc. Just let me know what you guys are interested in. I'll help out how I can!

4. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    You're wonderful!!! I'll give you a call in the next day or so and we can figure out what will work. It sounds great!

Thank you! [:D]

For anybody that lives on the other side of the mountain from me, I'll be making the trek down your way one day next week (not sure which day, yet). It would be great if we could meet someplace so I can get the donations from you.

5. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    hey there jf77. here's a pic of what i've got for the basket. hope this helps.

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/DSCF6169.jpg]

had a great time with all of you from the pirates movie! very fun indeed. as far as AaS is concerned, we need to get him to stay and be part of any midnight show we're attending no matter how little sleep he gets! the price of being a true leader!!! ha ha [face_laugh]

it was great meeting you jangosmom and sitting next to you and your son. remember...my wife rents me out whenever needed...lol [face_dancing]

6. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    it was great meeting you and your wife also hsf. your nephew was adorable. Did he have a good time?

7. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Don't waste your time JM. HSF was on loan to me for the meeting and I didn't even get a Frapachino out of him. ;)

HSF you are quite generous! That's some really cool stuff you're donating! Thank you!! [:D] Can you meet me someplace 1/2 between our towns some time this week so I can get it from you?

8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    You guys are awesome! We're putting together the baskets on Sunday evening. Will you guys have them ready by Thursday? I'm not working, so I can make a roadtrip up to the IE to get the stuff from you guys (or Friday evening). :)

Also! If you want to hang out with me/help out at the Fanforce table, Sign up here for times. I can't offer any prize/money for helping at the booth, but I can offer all the love in my heart. ;) It's not hard work: you sit at the table, talk to people who ask about Fanforce, throw stuff at the 501st table... eh... I mean... ;)

9. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    What a generous offer to come way up here! Since I'll be at the CC the whole time, I'll just bring our basket with me on Wednesday evening. I'd really appreciate it if you could either email me or post a picture of your baskets. That would give me an idea of whether ours look okay.

I have to thank Jedig60Racer for the idea. He attended our July 6 meeting and then hung out with us to watch Superman Returns. He missed the midnight Pirates showing, but we were glad he visited and shared some great ideas with us!!

I'm looking forward to hanging out with some of you guys! I signed up to work at the table on Wednesday evening and will sign up for a few more times once I know my own schedule. It's gonna be great!!!

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm already going to be up in Lake Elsinore, which is why I offered. ;) I've got to drop some stuff off at home/pick up some stuff, so it wouldn't be too terrible to drive a little bit more north. :)

11. arodofhoth

arodofhoth Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    Stop by in Murrieta.[face_praying]:p

12. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'll stop by Muretta tomorrow if you have something to donate to the basket. I've got to take 2 of my dogs to the vet, so I'll be down the hill. Let me know!

13. arodofhoth

Sep 24, 2005
    ok, I have two things 1. Anakin Skywalker masterpiece edition
    2. Obi-Wan action figuer

I'll PM my adress and phone # to you just give me a time because I'll be in work in the morning.

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    How about we meet at a fastfood joint that'll be easier for me to find? What time will you be done in the morning? Not sure how long the vet appt will take. Depends on how busy they are. Hey, you'll get to meet Tidus the wonderpup, also known as Einstein. He is the sweetest, most loving lab... just not sure how many brain cells are firing though??

15. arodofhoth

Sep 24, 2005
    there's a Taco Bell near my work at Murrieta hot spring Rd and Winchester Rd or I work at the Albersons.

16. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm sorry, but I had the wrong place in mind. I'm going to have to make it the second trip of the week without the dogs. Let me get back to you tomorrow after I get back to let you know which day.

17. arodofhoth

Sep 24, 2005
    just call me after 11am tomorrow.

18. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Jedi77,

I will try to go through my boxes and see what I have to donate. HSF has some great Episode 1 stuff to donate. Let me know when you need everything. I think I have doubles in one of the books about Weapons and Technology. Would that be OK, or is it to big in size. Talk later.
    MTFBWY

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Whatever you're willing to let go of (I know how hard that can be!) I'm willing to take and put in a basket!!

Oh yea, our wonderful fearless leader AaS came up with another great idea! We'll do two baskets. One will be given away at the CC and the other (probably the better one) will be given away at the first meeting after the CC. Motivation is the key word here! Let's get new people involved! What do you all think?

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Quick question!

The basket you're donating for Comic Con: are you intending for this to go along with San Diego's daily drawing at our club booth down on the dealer's floor, or was this something you wanted to have a drawing for up on the fanforce table?

And picking it up in Murrieta would be SWEET. :D

Murietta Hot Springs and Winchester? There's an Albertsons there? And a Taco Bell?? DANG I haven't been there in ages. :eek:

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    To be honest, I'm a little lost right now! Please tell me about your baskets and the what, when, how and where of what you do with them. I don't think I have all the information. I've only been involved with the FF for a few months, so I don't know the ins and outs of what's done during Comic-Con. I didn't realize that there's a fanforce table and you have a specific San Diego table on the floor. What's the difference in the two? My little brain is on overload and quite confused. Help me, Miana Kenobi, you're my only hope!

22. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Our basket is purely for those signing up to the IEFF list. It is to encourage people in the IE to come and join us.

If they are not in the IE they'll be pointed to the relevant place, such as the SDSWS list.

If someone who signs up for the list then actually comes along and joins us then they have a chance to win the "better" basket.

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :oops: God I need to learn how to read. When I first read it, I thought it read that you were donating a basket for our drawing at Comic Con. [face_beatup] Sorry for all the confusion!

*goes off to sit and corner and relearn how to read*

24. arodofhoth

Sep 24, 2005
    Hey, who's picking up my donations from Murrieta?:confused:

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm going to do my best to pick it up some time this week. My son's grandfather is in the hospital and I have two sick dogs, so I'm a wee bit stressed. Let me see how things are tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get down there Wed. or Thur.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.