main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Ep II (Insert Pretentious Title Here) - FINISHED 11/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi-Jae, Mar 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Labria_uk

Labria_uk Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2000
    Yep I'm here,

Just read it, looks good. I think its gotten to a good start. I'll carry on reading.

2. Angel of Iego

Angel of Iego Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2000
  3. mara03

mara03 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2000
    Hey, just stopping by. .. I don't have the time to read your fic right now, but just wanted to comment that one of my fics is named "[Insert Pretentious Title of Choice]". LOL.

Jen

4. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    Thanks everyone, for stopping by - I've got one more post, then I have to go visit my mother-in-law. No computer access for 4 days! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I see we have similar tastes in titles, mara! Even though mine is mostly because I can't think of anything else. :)

----------------

?I still do not understand, Your Majesty,? said Senator Norb Grey?eyla of Bothanwai. ?You?re saying that an extinct race has been resurrected and is now threatening the Republic? How could this be?

?If you will allow me to continue, Senator.? Queen Amidala restarted the projector. ?Please note the activity in the background.?

She tapped several commands into the projector?s terminal. A scene in the background of all the chaos was magnified and enhanced. The audience watched closely as a Mandalorian soldier sliced the arms of several prisoners and collected blood samples, which were put into some type of device. The Queen stopped the projector again.

?Right now, this is just informed speculation,? she said, ?but we believe that what you have just witnessed is the collection of suitable specimens for cloning.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's so short, but I gotta go catch a plane!

5. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    Wow! I like this. Your writing style flows. Strong vocabulary, too!

Looking forward to more. Hope the trip goes/went well! :0

6. Labria_uk

Labria_uk Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2000
    Hmm I like the most recent posts, there very good.

I'll keep on reading.

7. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    <<Sings>> "Nothin' could be finer than to be in Carolina...."

After 4 days of dreary Michigan weather, the breezy 60 degrees here is like heaven!

I have a couple more posts, but I wrote them on my Palm Pilot (what a pain!), so it will take me a bit to get them transferred and formatted.

Thanks, Senator and Labria for stopping by!

8. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Here's the next post - we're still dealing with the political stuff.

TIP - never write fanfic with a Palm Pilot! Reformatting is a pain.

------------------

The chamber immediately exploded in an uproar. The Queen?s face remained impassive as the members shouted and argued. Mas Amedda banged his gavel. ?Order! We will have order!? The talk died down as his commanding voice rang through the room.

Senator Argente spoke up again. ?You have to admit, Your Majesty, that this is rather surprising. How did you come to such a conclusion??

?This device,? said the Queen. She tapped the terminal again to enhance the image. ?It is a biological analyzer of the same type used by the Mining Guild during their experiments with cloning. It was used to determine the viability of a specimen.?

?May I ask where you get your information, Your Majesty?? Norb Grey?eyla asked.

?I?m sorry, Senator. Sources and methods,? Queen Amidala answered. ?I?m sure that you, of all people, can understand that.? She smiled slightly at the veiled reference to the widespread tentacles of the Bothan intelligence services.

?The reliability of this source is without question? she continued. Her voice became intense. ?Senators, this is a darkness from the distant past. The ancient Mandalores? thirst for conquest is well documented. My world stands in the path of its advance. I call upon the combined strength of the Republic to make a stand against this tide of oppression.? She gracefully took her seat.

Bail Organa rose abruptly. ?You can see for yourselves the threat we face here,? he said. ?The Republic military is little more than a peacekeeping and police force. It cannot protect the entire Republic. We need to expand the fleet and strengthen the ground forces if we are to effectively deal with this.?

?Deal with what, Prince Organa?? asked Senator Letia Talador of Etti, almost contemptuously. ?We have nothing to act on but a recording of dubious origin and lot of speculation!?

?This speculation is based on solid intelligence information and a lot of historical research!? Bail said heatedly. ?It?s easy to be complacent when the attacks stay out on the Rim. But this army is moving toward the Core. Are we going to wait to hear their footsteps at our doorways before we act?? He waved his arm at the Council. ?The Jedi have kept the peace for hundreds of years. But their numbers are dwindling. We have grown soft and lazy behind their protection and left ourselves vulnerable!?

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine stood, silencing the debate. ?Queen Amidala, your claim is a serious one,? he said. ?But we cannot take military action without the approval of the full Senate. I can, however, send a small force to investigate the matter. In the meantime, I will use all my available resources to discover the truth behind these attacks as expeditiously as possible.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Should have another up soon - as soon as I can face the Palm again!

Ani/Obi and Ani/Padme coming up soon.

9. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
  10. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    I finally won the Palm Pilot battle - here's a nice long Ani/Obi post.

------------------------

When Obi-Wan returned to the Temple, he immediately started searching for his apprentice. He wanted to apologize for keeping the Queen?s visit a secret. He also wanted to know why the images of the Mandalorian soldiers had caused Anakin to project such strong emotions. Obi-Wan hadn?t even been aware of the young man?s presence until then.

After checking the gardens, the training rooms and the canteen, Obi-Wan headed for the quarters he shared with his Padawan. He surprised to find Anakin in his room, stretched out on his bunk with his hands behind his head. His apprentice rarely spent time in his room for anything but sleeping and tinkering with one of his myriad of half-built droids. Obi-Wan knocked softly in the doorjamb.

?I?ve been looking all over for you, Padawan.? Obi-Wan sat at the desk. ?We?ve been invited to a reception at the Alderaan Legation tonight.? Anakin did not respond. ?I am sorry I didn?t tell you about the Queen?s arrival, but it was a last-minute arrangement.?

Anakin remained silent, staring at the ceiling. Obi-Wan pressed on. ?I want to know what provoked such a strong reaction in you during the briefing. That?s how I knew you were there.?

Anakin sat up and swung his legs over the edge of the bed. ?Those warriors in that recording ? they are the armored soldiers from my vision, Obi-Wan.?

Obi-Wan looked at him appraisingly for a moment. ?Are you sure?? he asked.

Anakin stood up and dragged his hand through his hair, agitated. ?Yes, I?m sure!? he said, pacing the small room. ?I must?ve had that vision ten times! I?d recognize them anywhere!?

?All right,? Obi-Wan soothed. ?Calm down.?

?How can I calm down?!? Anakin flared. ?Obi-Wan, my mother is going to be hurt, maybe even killed, and those soldiers have something to do with it!?

?You don?t know that, Anakin,? Obi-Wan said testily. ?The future--,?

?I know, I know. ?Always in motion, the future is,?? said Anakin bitterly, mimicking Yoda?s voice. ?But my instincts tell me that Mom is in danger, and I?ve never had any reason to doubt them before!?

When his master did not reply, Anakin crossed his arms over his chest and said, ?Request permission to take a leave.?

Obi-Wan regarded him coldly. ?Why? So you can go to Tatooine?? he asked icily. ?I think not. Request denied.?

?Then I will make my request to the Council!?

Obi-Wan rose and stood toe-to-toe with his apprentice. The Jedi radiated intimidation, and Anakin felt a bit cowed, despite the fact that he stood nearly a head taller. He knew that threatening to go over his master?s head was incredibly disrespectful. But he continued to stare insolently down at his teacher.

?The Council has already refused the Supreme Chancellor?s request to send us to Tatooine,? Obi-Wan said frostily, choosing for the moment to ignore his Padawan?s disrespect. ?What makes you think they will grant yours??

He watched Anakin struggle to control his rising anger. They glared at each other a moment longer, then Obi-Wan turned on his heel. ?We cannot discuss anything rationally right now. I will return when you have calmed yourself.? He strode to the door.

?Obi-Wan?Master?I?m sorry.?

Obi-Wan paused in the doorway, sensing Anakin?s efforts to push away his anger and let it dissipate into the Force. When he perceived that the boy was calm, he turned to face him, marveling again at the power that pulsed through the young man.

Anakin sat on the bed with his head in his hands. ?I had begun to doubt they were real, until I saw that holo. The Mandalorians?? He looked up pleadingly. ?Do they really exist??

?I honestly don?t know, Anakin,? Obi-Wan answered. ?They certainly did at one time, as any student of galactic history could tell you. They were closely aligned with the Sith. That was over a thousand years ago, before the Jedi hunted them down.? He sat down at the desk again. ?But Queen Amidala is convinced they are ba

11. LadyKenobi

LadyKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2001
    This is really good. I just found this thread and lovin it. You write Ani/Obi very well. I will be keeping a close eye on this one. More more more, please! :)

12. Kendra_Skywalker

Kendra_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2001
    Can't wait! Please post soon!

13. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Thanks, Lady K and Kendra! :) Hopefully, I'll get the next post up tonight (if I can stop reading fanfic). We'll finally get some interaction between Ani and Padme!

14. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Three Women and A Skywalker....

-----------------

Sabé looked around the empty foyer in confusion. The guard outside had announced a Jedi visitor for the Queen, but there was no one in here. She stepped over to the intercom to call the guard for verification. Before she could activate it, she felt something poke her in the back.

?Hey, little girl,? came a nasally voice, ?ya wanna see my lightsaber??

Before the speaker finished his sentence, Sabé was in motion, spinning around with her tiny concealed blaster in hand. A powerful hand grabbed her wrist, and she looked up into the grinning face of?

?Anakin Skywalker!? she snapped. ?I swear, one of these days?? She waved the blaster menacingly.

?Ooh, promises, promises,? he said in his normal voice, flashing her a cocky grin. He bent down to kiss the handmaiden?s cheek. ?You?re as beautiful as ever.?

?And you are so full of it,? she replied acidly. She craned her neck to look at him as he towered over her. ?But I guess that?s understandable. You?ve gotten so tall that no oxygen is getting to that little pea brain of yours.?

?And your disposition is just as sweet as always,? Anakin observed, laughing as he dodged a vicious right hook. He walked into the sitting room. ?So where is she??

?I am sorry, but Her Highness is not here right now.? Sabé grinned wickedly at the anguished look on his face.

There was a long pause as he looked at her expectantly. ?So?where can I find her?? he asked.

?Don?t know,? she said with a smug smile.

?Liar.? He tried to be patient, knowing how much she enjoyed tormenting him. ?Aw, come on, Sabé, please??

She let him stew for a few minutes before relenting. ?I don?t know where Her Highness is. However, Padmé is in her office.?

He was looming over her in an instant, humorously threatening. ?Do you know what the punishment is for a handmaiden who teases a Jedi??

?Ooh, promises, promises,? she mocked, pushing him away. ?Now go see her before you enter hormonal overload.?

Anakin headed down the hall. He passed Saché as she was coming out of another room. He gave her a slight bow and a wink as he slipped into the Queen?s office.

?Who was that?? Saché asked.

?Anakin Skywalker,? answered Sabé with a grin.

?Really?? Saché raised her eyebrows in approval. ?Well! He?s certainly grown up! And quite nicely, I might add.?

?I thought you had your eye on Bail Organa.?

?I do, but you know he?s enamored of the Queen right now,? said Saché. ?And it never hurts to have a backup plan.?

Anakin looked around the Queen?s empty office. The big desk was a disaster area, littered with datacards and flimsies. The data reader was still blinking. Anakin frowned ? it wasn?t like Padmé to leave her work area in such disarray. He reached out with the Force to locate her. She was out on the balcony. He frowned again as he sensed her frustration and uncertainty.

Slipping soundlessly through the door, he saw her at the far end of the balcony. She was leaning on the railing, gazing out over the city. She was dressed in a simple handmaiden?s gown, and her dark hair flowed loose over her shoulders. The strands around her face danced in the light breeze. Anakin simply stared at her for a moment, basking in her presence.

Gliding up behind her, he leaned close to her ear and whispered, ?Are you an angel??

?Ani!? Padmé cried in delight. Turning around, she threw her arms around his waist and hugged him.

?Who else?? he said with a grin. Putting his arms around her, he crushed her in a tight hug, then picked her up and whirled her around, taking her breath away.

?Easy, Ani, you?re going to break my ribs!? she laughed. He set her down and kissed her cheek. ?Here, let me look at you.?

Padmé looked him over, feeling a pleasant thrill of surprise. //Wow// His holo-messages did not do him justice. Gone was the gangly teenager she had seen four years ago. In his place stood a good-looking young man nearly two meters tall, with broad shoulders and a lithely muscul

15. Senator Lorena

Feb 21, 2000
    This is great! I love the playful dialogue you use among the characters while you maintain the seriousness of the situation. :D

Can't wait for more, but I guess I will have to! :(

16. ella_bella

ella_bella Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2001
    OH WOW ever since I started reading this it has been the most believable and interesting ep2 fanfic I have read! II can imagine it as a real SW film. It's wonderful! More please!

17. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Thanks, Senator and ella! I really appreciate the comments.

I tried to establish a relationship between Sabe and Anakin that would support the idea of a long-term friendship between Anakin and Padme. Obviously, if they are friends, then Anakin is going to be familiar and comfortable with her handmaidens.

Senator, I appreciate the comments about the dialogue. I'm an engineer by trade, and the purpose of most of my professional writing is to convey information, in a "just the facts" type of way. It's a tendency I really have to fight sometimes.

BTW, what do you teach? I've been meaning to ask you that for a while.

Hopefully, I will get another post worked up soon, but right now, children, plot bunnies, and letters for Clarus' round robin fighting for space in my brain. And there ain't much space to spare! :D

18. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    shameless UP!

19. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Stories are falling fast!

20. LadyKenobi

LadyKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2001
    well, I am taking your story to the top! :D

This is really good. You get right to the point, yet the reader feels like they haven't missed anything. This is really good. and it is is your first fanfic?!? :eek: Once this one is finished, may I sugest that you write another one. This is excellent! :) Hope to see more soon!

21. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Thanks, Lady K! :) Hopefully, I will have another post tomorrow! I've got a few plot bunnies, I'm just trying to get them to line up correctly.

22. Senator Lorena

Feb 21, 2000
    Jedi-Jae:

What do I teach?

Here's my schedule -

Journalism - Public Relations
    Newspaper Production
    Yearbook Production
    Desktop Publishing
    AP Psychology
    Regular Psychology
    World Geography

I am also in charge of the morning announcements, and I am one of two academic contest coordinators. On top of that, I am on the district newsletter committee!

Too much to do! The publication classes really zap me and AP takes twice the preparation of a regular class! :( AND I am on the borderline of teacher burnout due to the schedule. :mad:

Anyway, this isn't the place to vent frustrations! :D

Most of my personal writing centers around a journalistic format. Like you, "just the facts" also dominates my writing style, and fan fic is a real stretch for me. I wish I could be more descriptive in my writing, but it is too time consuming under my current situation. Perhaps, if I ever write another fan fic after "Full Circle", I will improve my creativity.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your work. I will make a point to read whenever I have a chance! :)

Well, back to lesson plans and grading that I put off until the end of my vacation. :(

23. woohoo_hayden

woohoo_hayden Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2001
    i barely finished reading this and i have to say.....
    I LUUUUVVV IT A LOOOOT!!! :D
    its amazing that its ur first fan fic!!!!

24. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Feel free to vent here, Senator! I understand, believe me!

Thanks, woohoo! I'm glad you like it!

I almost got a post done, but we had massive server failure at work and I spent all day replacing hard drives and restoring files from tape. What a pain!

Should have one tomorrow. :)

25. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.