SW Ep II (Insert Pretentious Title Here) - FINISHED 11/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi-Jae, Mar 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Jae Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, Ish! I'm going to get that file sent off to you today. sari has agreed to be my other beta, so maybe I can get this thing archived.

I will try to have my bruised self online today...
  2. sabrelight Force Ghost

star 4
    Who said Anakin anything about Anakin leaving her? He's gonna be a jedi and still marry her-he's the chosen one.

Once again great post. Please take a nice long break once you finish this-you need it, meanwhile I won't loose my sleep thinking of your next post.(I off to long-unwelcomed-vacation)

Honestly! I get up at 5 am-that's the only time when the net is fast here in TAttooine. And its cold already, but this story makes me get up and leave my warm bed.
  3. Jedi-Jae Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL, sabre, I'd hate for you to lose sleep on your vacation! I need one of those... *sigh*

Anyway, I promised links to my impish angels, so here they are.

Geniusboy

Darth Daughter

4. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    ::sighs, planting elbows on either side of the keyboard and pining for a J-J post.:: Oh, and when will AKOTO be updated? Or am I next and didn't know it?
  5. Jedi-Jae Jedi Master

star 4
    No, Ish, I'm up next. *ducks* It's in the works, along with one for this and all my dirty laundry.

I think I'm going to have to send you the file in pieces. It's too big to go in one chunk.
  6. Senator Lorena Jedi Master

star 4
    I enjoyed Adi's input. Yep, Obi-Wan should have sought her council sooner.

I also liked Padme putting Anakin in his place. Good to see she doesn't allow love to get in the way of what she has to do. Anakin won't be able to "control" her, that's for sure.

Great job, J-J!
  7. sabrelight Force Ghost

star 4
    Kath Is cute! But I really wouldn't know what to do with a little girl, boys are my sort of company and they seem to prefer me more. My sis is good at taking care of girls.
    They're both [face_love] Your a lucky mom.

'LOL, sabre, I'd hate for you to lose sleep on your vacation! I need one of those... *sigh'

That's why I would like it you took your time on your next fic-I know the others will kill me-but you do need a break! :)

As for me I just want to stay home, but my sisters who live in the ME insist we spent the winter with them.
  8. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I agree with Sabre, J-J. You need to give yourself some breathing room, relax a bit. We can wait. (And I don't want to be reading 7,000 pages of story when I get back)
  9. QueenSabe7 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Whew! Just finished reading the last 4 pages! Great posts, Jae!! I still cant believe what that horrible sith did to Padmé. :mad: Sabé's dedication in serving Padmé is so sweet. :)
  10. Senator Lorena Jedi Master

star 4
  11. Jedi-Jae Jedi Master

star 4
    At the rate I'm going, Ish, you won't have to read 7000 pages - there will be nothing!

I'm still at work, the rest of the week will be like this, and I have no idea when I will be able to write.
  12. QueenSabe7 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  13. sabrelight Force Ghost

star 4
    Up! Give us more story JJ
  14. SabeSock7 Jedi Knight

star 2
  15. Senator Lorena Jedi Master

star 4
    No problem. Busy times happen and motivation flucuates with the best of us.

I'll be glad when you can post again!
  16. Senator Lorena Jedi Master

star 4
  17. Senator Lorena Jedi Master

star 4
  18. Jedi-Jae Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for keeping this up, everyone! I'm winding down - I think maybe 2 posts after this one, and I'll be done. I appreciate everyone who's stuck with me through all this!

WARNING: High mush content (don't say I didn't warn you, Ish!).

-------------------------------

Anakin stood in the center of the outcropping on the Theed cliffs. It was bathed in the light of Naboo?s full moon, casting long shadows through the trees and covering everything with a luminous glow. He looked into the distance where the lights of Theed twinkled and danced, the city illuminated for the celebration of the coronation of Naboo?s new Queen.

He looked at Padmé, who was standing over by the small creek. Her face tilted up toward the sky and a few loose curls danced in the warm breeze. The moonlight reflected off the tiny beads woven into her gown, giving the impression that she had been cast among the stars themselves. She really is an angel, Anakin thought. His pulse quickened as he watched her and remembered the last time they had been here. It seemed like a lifetime ago.

When he had left Padmé with the healers that day, he had gone straight to the Republic Navy personnel center and asked for his orders. Then he slipped away for training, not bothering to tell Padmé or anyone else where he had gone. The pilot training was boring, filled with repetitive tasks that he had mastered as a pre-teen pod race driver. As a result, he often clashed with the instructor pilots, officers, and noncoms at the training base, earning a reputation for being an arrogant, disagreeable maverick. Though his fellow trainees adored him - not least for the fact that his antics kept the pressure off them - he was moody and unhappy.

And lonely. He hadn't said goodbye to Padmé when he left her in that hospital room. He hadn't intended to leave that day. Going to the Navy office had been a spur-of-the-moment decision. He had not anticipated how much he would miss her, and as the weeks stretched on, the dull ache in his heart became more and more intense. She had not communicated with him at all, and he worried about her recovery and her ability to serve her world, which was more precious to her than anything. He worried about Bail Organa - had the Viceroy taken advantage of Anakin's absence? Finally unable to stand it any longer, he had sent her a tentative message.

She didn't respond for a long while, and Anakin despaired that he had lost her. He was on the verge of abandoning his pilot training to go back to her when the letter arrived. Not a holo-message, but a letter, handwritten on fine paper in elegant, looping script. Her scent wafted from it, and Anakin thought he might pass out. It was a friendly letter, asking about the progress of his training and when he expected to be assigned to a squadron. His heart sank at the lack of intimacy in her words, until he reached the last lines.

I miss you terribly, Anakin. The Palace seems empty without your energy to fill it, and my nights are cold and lonely without your warmth and love to keep me company. I pray that you remain safe and never forget that I love you.

Yours,
    Padmé

It had taken all of Anakin's willpower not to steal a ship and go to her then. But enclosed in the letter was another envelope with a heavy card inside. It read: The People of Naboo request the honor of your presence at the coronation of Queen Jamilla and the celebration to follow.

Anakin had felt sick. Had Padmé given up her throne willlingly? Or had her people called for elections? He couldn't believe it might be the latter. Padmé was a good queen, and her people loved her. He scanned the card and saw at the bottom: As a personal guest of Senator Padmé Naberrie.

Seeing her at the coronation ball tonight had solidified his resolve. She looked stunning. Her shimmering white gown clung to her curves and her hair was piled on top of her head, exposing the elegant arch of her neck. He had never seen Padmé dressed formally, only Queen Amidala
  19. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Okay, that was so darn happy and sickly sweet that I can't mention the urge to fall over dead. Yes, you did warn me, but that was a paltry sentence that barely was adequate. Great post anyway.
  20. DarthLothi Jedi Master

star 4
    Great post! :D Mush is always good!

*sigh* Lucky Anakin!

Hey, was that sapphire part of the stone that went into his lightsaber?
  21. Senator Lorena Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes! A post!

Missed you, J-J!

So, Ami is now a senator. Great job with the transition.

I hope no one finds their "secret place". ;)
  22. sabrelight Force Ghost

star 4
    You POSTED! And what a post. So romantic!

Sith or no sith a weekly dose of mush is always good for a growing Sith! :D

23. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    So, I have a question. Will this end fairly soon or will this be like ATWP where it goes through the whole messy turning process?
  24. DarthLothi Jedi Master

star 4
  25. Jedi-Jae Jedi Master

star 4
    Arrgh, how could I miss all those obvious spelling errors?

You were warned, Ish... And yes, I'm almost finished with this story. I have the outline for a sequel that completes Anakin's turn, but it will be very slow going for a while. You may be back from your mission before it's over! :p

Nice catch, Lothi! That is indeed part of the stone she gave him for his lightsaber. Glad you liked the mush, Jelly-Boy! :D

Senator, I hope no one finds that spot either, especially not now... Could be embarrassing for Ani and Padme if that happens. ;)

Hey, sabre, I thought you were on vacation!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.