main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Ep II (Insert Pretentious Title Here) - FINISHED 11/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi-Jae, Mar 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    I'll be off in about two weeks! Hope I can finish 'A/A love found' before that.

2. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    Yeah, me too, sabre! Hopefully,I'll finish this before then.

I'm pretty sure I've got it down to 2 more posts.

3. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
  4. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Oh! I loved that post! :D Mush is good. ;)

5. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
  6. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    omg, Omg, OMG!! L-look at all the posties!!! And ...what they were about!!!!! EEk!!!!!!!!

sequel? :D

Demanding, I know

7. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Yea, I hope you do an Ep. 3. :D

8. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Wow, Jae, your kids are adorable! I finally had a chance to look at the pics tonight--they're so cute! :)

The post was beautiful, too. What a lovely proposal! [face_love] *Sigh* I love mush. :D [face_love] :D
    Looking forward to more, although it will mean we're closer to the end of the story and that's depressing...
    Hope you're going to go ahead with an Ep.3 fic, J-J!! hint, hint :D

9. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Thanks, everyone, for the comments!

And welcome back, Ash and Queen Sabe. Glad you liked the mush! :D More to come...

Thanks, sari - they are pretty cute, if I do say so myself. They look like their father, thank goodness. And yes, I am working on an Ep3 fic, but it will be VERY slow.

I will try very hard to have something before I take off for Colorado on Thursday. DRL has been whipping me pretty hard lately.

*J-J, going to do a repost for A Knight of the Order*

10. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    I will try very hard to have something before I take off for Colorado on Thursday.

How about something today? Please?

11. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    I'm posting for J-J. Her computer crashed and she lost most of this fic and is having to re-create it. So unfortunately, it will be a few days before she can post again.

:(

12. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Not to mention she's heading to Colorado for the Army-Airforce game. ::Sniff:: Poor J-J. We miss you!

13. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Come back when you can!

14. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    OK, my computer crashed, taking this with it and forcing me to recreate about 25 pages. But I got it done. And I went to Colorado, and to add insult to injury, Army lost!

Anyway, this is done! Complete! Finished! I thought I would have two more posts, but editing some unnecessary material brought it back to one.

-------------------------------------

Darth Sidious stood alone on a high Palace balcony, musing over the recent events. The attack on Coruscant had been very fruitful. A shaken Senate had approved Alderaan?s military consolidation bill by an overwhelming majority, and the proposed increases in military spending and research engendered only a few weak voices of protest. They were quickly silenced by frightened Senators and strategically placed ?donations? from Corporate worlds anxious to cash in on the spoils of war.

And the next phase was already underway. He would move to broker influence and solidify his position. The Republic would hand him what he desired most, and with a few exceptions, there would be no need for violence. The normal course of war and a few ?assists? from his minions would see to that.

Sidious allowed himself a grim smile. Yes, his plans were proceeding as he had foreseen, with one notable hitch ? the Skywalker boy. His apprentice had failed to bring him the young man, instead falling before the Jedi?s saber. And while Sidious could not permit such an offense to go unpunished ? years of preparation and effort had gone into the training of Darth Nemesis ? he marveled at Skywalker?s raw power. The boy was a deep well of resentment and anger, just waiting for the right person to show him how to tap it.

Sidious chuckled. Perhaps Nemesis?s death had been useful after all. Skywalker was yet too immersed in the Light to be forcibly turned. But he had experienced the rush of power that came from the Dark, and like a spice addict, would go back to it again. And again. Yes, seduction would be much more effective than coercion.

He looked out over the Theed cliffs, his lined visage thoughtful as he sensed the passionate interlude between Skywalker and the erstwhile Queen of Naboo. The Jedi might not be able to keep the young man anchored in the Light, but she would. Senator Naberrie had always been troublesome and would continue to be, but he could use her in his endeavor to bring Skywalker over. That would accomplish two of his objectives ? the taking of the apprentice needed to complete his plans and the painful demise of a long-time enemy.

Yes, he mused. The boy?s passion will be the path to his conversion. The Jedi were right to discourage love ? it was the seed and root of so many other, less pleasant emotions. All of which would serve Sidious? purposes very well.

Everything was proceeding in the manner he desired. All he had to do now was make any necessary adjustments to keep the plan on course.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?Anakin, calm down,? Jahn Elluis admonished for what seemed like the hundredth time. He watched as Anakin paced back and forth across the stone floor of the small temple. ?You?re going to wear a hole in the floor.?

Anakin realized what he was doing, and stopped. Five seconds later, he was in motion again, bouncing around the room like a hyperactive insect. The temple?s priestess, a tiny, gray-haired woman dressed in plain white robes, stood by the altar and looked at him with amusement.

?Calm yourself, my son,? she said, her voice surprisingly large for such small person. ?You?re not the first young man I?ve joined with his beloved, and I haven?t lost one yet.?

Anakin halted again and looked out at the Naberrie family, seated on the temple?s simple wooden benches. He flushed as he saw Padmé?s father watching him with a bemused expression. Cordel Naberrie was a big man with graying hair and an intimidating presence. Anakin?s voice had shaken when he presented himself to Cordel to ask his permission to marry Padmé. But the big farmer had just roared with laughter and given Anak

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Darn you, J-J, that was beautiful! Mush isn't supposed to please me, but I can't help it! ::Stamps her foot.:: It's over?! I think I'm going to cry!

Now, to the details.

Loved the bonding. Appropriate to both noble traditions as well as the participants.

Thought "If you can handle her, she's all yours" was hilarious.

Still am chilled by Sidious and his reflections on the Skywalker boy. Especially the massive hunk of foreshadowing.

Was elated beyond words to know that I was right in guessing that Obi-Wan would be there and that the Council removed heads from posterior long enough to give their consent.

Loved the patient priestess and "You may kiss your wife."

The storm's coming, Ani thing was chilling as well.

WELL DONE, DARN YOU!

16. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Thanks, Ish!! [face_blush]

This has been a labor of love, as I'm sure any writer's first story is. I've been working on it for almost a year.

I appreciate everyone who's stuck with me through the whole thing - Senator Lorena, sari, QueenSabe, Ash, Ish, Teflon, sabrelight... I'm sure I've insulted someone by leaving them out.

If you've been lurking, I'd like you to make an appearance on my radar screen so I can thank you for reading.

And thanks to Ish and sari, who are enduring this again as my beta readers for the Archive. I promise, the next part will be in your inbox soon! Hey, don't run away....

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    It's absolutely our pleasure, of course. I couldn't believe it when I notiiced that it was your first story. I was torn between tears of happiness that you can only get better from here (what's the superlative to fantastic?) and tears of fury that I couldn't do the same. :)

18. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Pushing this up as my ego swells from Ish's praise! :D [face_blush]

19. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    Congratulations on a story well done! :D

Wow, has it been almost a year? Thank you for writing the story, J-J. Your writing talent is outstanding.

The wedding scene was very unique. I liked the simplicity of it as I think the Naboo are usually far too extravagant in their dress.

And the foreshadowing... AWESOME!

So when can we expect a sequel? ;)

20. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Aww, when I saw the word "FINISHED" in the subject line of this story, I just about started to cry. :_| I can't believe it's over!!!! It's been such a wonderful story to read, J-J. I really can't believe that it's your first story. I could write for a thousand years and never write this well, I'm sure.
    Thank you so much for putting the time and energy into writing and posting it for all of us to enjoy!!! :)

And what a beautiful ending, J-J! You handled that ceremony perfectly, in my opinion. I especially love how Obi-Wan showed up at the last minute--with the approval of the Senate for Ani and Ami's marriage.
    [face_love] *Sigh* I really do love mush. [face_love]

I'll ditto Lorena's question and ask when we can expect to see the start of a sequel. Hopefully soon... :D

I promise I'll be getting the first part back to you, all beta-ed, asap. And I really mean that this time. :p

21. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Thanks, Senator and sari! :) I appreciate you sticking with me through this whole thing!

As for the sequel, it's in the outline stage with a few scenes written. I am going to take a break for a bit and just do some reading and maybe some RR work **cough**A Knight of the Order**cough**

I'll hold you to that, sari! ;)

Hey, Ish, how do I get cover art, since my talent in that area is abysmal?

22. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
  23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    IT MUST HAVE BEEN MUSH
    BUT IT'S OVER NOW!
    IT MUST HAVE BEEN MUSH
    J-J'S LOST HER MIND NOW!

Okay, random, but UP!

24. SabeSock7

SabeSock7 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 29, 2001
    WONDERFUL!!! :D :D I cant believe its over! :_| Let me just say that this story has been alot of fun to read and you wrote it so well. You are an excellent writer! :)

The ending was so sweet! [face_love] The wedding was wonderful to read and the descriptions of Ani's feelings was just beautiful. Sidious's thoughts were very haunting and all that foreshadowing! :eek: *shudders* :p Well, once again, I loved this story and I will be anxiously awaiting your next. :)

:D WELL DONE!! :D

25. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    It's finished :_| My most loved story! now what should I look forward to.

This is the type of fic I've always dreamed of writing but never will.

I'm waiting for you to archive it-so I can read it again, plus I want to recommend one good SW story to my shakespearan sis (Who thinks fafic is a waste of time) and it will be this fic. So archive it soon.

I'm sorry I don't have the right words to describe how much I love this fic.

I loved how you disappoint the reader at first-no Obiwan and then he comes-You manage to weedle out that childish joy out of mature (or rather they think they are) readers who thought they were long past that.

Congratulations Master.

One proud Padawan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.