main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST SW Episode VII to OPEN DECEMBER 18, 2015

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ManaByte, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I am happy its a Friday. The prequels were all released on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This way I only have to take Friday off from work. Also we will get to see its true three day cumulative gross. Releasing on a Wednesday/Thursday, its opening day would not be part of that weekend total thus watering down the 3 day weekend total.

Maharishineo likes this.
  2. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I am good or am I good.

A clear compromise. Comes out in 15. Gives them more than enough time to finish. Takes the Hobbit's release spot.

They have a bigger chance at hitting the billion dollar mark here than in the Summer. Glad they chose wisely. And just think droobs, STAR WARS for CHRISTMAS.

TKT likes this.
  3. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Awesome! I had guessed it would be mid to late 2015. I'm glad it didn't get postponed to 2016. Also, a Friday is a good release day. Can't wait!

4. Maharishineo

Maharishineo Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 25, 2013
    Doesn't surprise me that they pushed it out. I'm happy they did so, in order to ensure a quality product. Now that they've made it official, though, it'd be a pretty bad/chaotic sign if it was moved to 2016.

That said, this roughly marks the spot. Starting in a little over a month, every two years, we'll be getting another Star Wars Episode movie. Of course the first one will most likely feel like the longest wait, since there's no stand-alone movie to quench our thirst (nevermind that we've already been waiting one or appx. ten years, depending on how you look at it).

5. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    The awesome part is that they gave us a press release on the official site before anyone else leaked the actual date.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So it's official Disney is going to dominate the summer and now the winter. I need to get some damn stock in that little company. :p

7. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
  8. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    I don't know about you folks, but now that we have a real date, this seems so much more real. Not that I never thought that it would not happen, but to finally get a street date for when I can plant my butt in a theater to see what we have waited 30+ years for is a GREAT feeling.

9. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
  10. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    This should be renamed as Official Info

11. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    This is the triumphant return of the most widely loved franchise in history. Such a thing calls for a sense of prestige. Winter release dates have that kind of prestige. This isn't just a summer popcorn flick, it's the Christmas event of the decade, something that sweater-wearing families will flock to in a cacophony of yuletide joy.

Only downside: I feel terrible for any college student such as myself who may or may not have a final exam on that Thursday. Check your calendars, folks!

12. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
  13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Not a fan of seeing movies at Christmas time, but anything for Star Wars. I'm wondering if they'll all be December releases or just the first one. [face_thinking]

JainaSoloYJK and Darth Raiden like this.
  14. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
  15. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    HELL YEAH! After supporting the May release date for the longest time, I have come to realize that this is the best decision. In May it would have to deal with a rapidly moving production, but now they have more than enough time to complete the movie. And also, there will be little to no competition from when the movie opens to probably February. And didn't I say that the silence was over? :p

16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Why should I be happy?

Longer production doesn't equal better product.

There were problems with the script. These probably caused the delay.

Yes, not happy at all.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  17. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Have a feeling that Decemeber will be the new home of STAR WARS. Which would be fine with me.

18. Boba_Fat83

Boba_Fat83 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    This could be the start of a new tradition.
    I loved when we got to see each new lord of the rings each christmas...Now it even better as its STAR WARS=P~

19. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    I would guess that much of the change of heart for a lot of people is due to the simple fact that we have an official street date. It makes it real and makes you not care that it isn't the month that you wanted it to be.

JediWheelz likes this.
  20. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    No, but it prevents it from being a rushed product which there was a big fear about.

Plus your missing the Dollar signs Pevra. Star Wars will have no real competition in a family friendly month, where children are out of school until January 2.

Just imagine the repeat viewings.

21. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Now Star Wars even more-so will be associated with Christmas.

Toys R Us is going to be a bloody madhouse!

22. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    You don't have to be happy Ebenezer.

People still shop at Toys R Us?

Artoo-Dion and JediWheelz like this.
  23. Maharishineo

Maharishineo Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 25, 2013
    Time to call up my theater and see if I can reserve a seat in the IMAX for that date. :D

jk but good to know we can start making plans. I already texted my best friend (lives across the country) the date since we agreed that we have to see the movie together.

And on another note, this is going to be amazing for any of you with kids. I'm a couple years away from considering them myself, but Star Wars the week before Christmas? YOU'RE going to have a difficult time not letting them open their presents early so you can play with them together, haha!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  24. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Also think it's because of the whole to much going on in may and summer,also alot of fun beeing in the cinema 10 times that month, feels like magic to me.

25. Yensid1974

Yensid1974 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    Hopefully just the first one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.