main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST SW Episode VII to OPEN DECEMBER 18, 2015

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ManaByte, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Bumping this thread because of the countdown clock. :D

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I realize people are excited about concept art leaking and all but The Clock must have it's moment on the front page.

Also, anyone wanna start odds that it's release date is going to bump up to the Wednesday the 16th? The last Hobbit flick (which opens around the same date) is opening on a Wednesday this year (near to X-Mas movies tend to open up in the middle of the week) so I assume that will happen in Ep. 7. which may mean, in reality, we can be watching Star Wars Tuesday the 15th (opening night preview shows). No more midnight shows anymore, yay!

jedinightwing likes this.
  3. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    :D

jedinightwing likes this.
  4. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    See, this is proof that time travel is impossible. Because if it was, then people would be going back in time posting scenes from the movie on here, and from Episodes 8 and 9 for that matter as well.

You know I'm right.

5. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    WOW......60 weeks to go!!!!

6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Just around the corner.

7. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Maybe this could be pinned to the first page.

Lucasfilm and Disney, can we get an app? :)

8. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    We probably have enough stuff pinned for now... but maybe we'll do that at some point.

9. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Not sure where to post this, but the Star Wars Facebook page just revealed that Warwick Davis will appear in the movie.

Immortiss likes this.
  10. Colossus of Rhodes

Colossus of Rhodes Jedi Padawan star 1

May 5, 2014
    haha counter is the best! the others will put stinckers for December, you can bet on it.. "we are getting the FOOH..."

11. kegs202

kegs202 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    I'll be seeing Ep VII probably around 3 days before it's official release. I used to work as a projectionist and still keep in touch with the manager of the cinema so I'll be going in for the test/staff screening.

12. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Someone had to post the following.

Marvel has released the dates of its biggest releases from 2017-2019.

May 5, 2017: Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (changed from July 2017)

May 4, 2018: Avengers: Infinity War Part 1

May 3, 2018: Avengers: Infinity War Part 2

So, how does this affect the release dates for Episodes 8 and 9 assuming they are slated for May releases? And when will they announce those official dates?

I say Memorial Day weekends for 2017 and 2019 would make the most sense....4 weeks after the above dates (or possibly the first or second weeks of June).

13. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Well lets take a look at the upcoming superhero films
    [​IMG]

Hmmm now I noticed that there doesn't seem to be any in December so if I was lucasfilm I'd just release all the upcoming Star Wars films in December.

14. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

Sheesh, there are so many of them. Aren't they worried about superhero burnout? [face_hypnotized]

Immortiss, EHT and TK327 like this.
  15. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Makes Disney's buying of LFL seem all the more brilliant, doesn't it?

16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Looking at those future releases really reinforces the fact that we are living in the age of the geek. Of course, I'm one of the originals, before it was thought of as "cool". I’m sure a lot of us here fall into that category.

17. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Avatar, Avatar, and more Avatar...

Spiderman movies are probably no longer major threats. But...

Lucasfilm better start considering locking their dates before there's a superhero movie schedule for every weekend from March to December.

Early June, 2017 for Episode 8 (not sure how much of a threat Wonder Woman will be) and July, 2019 OR May, 2020 for Episode 9 would be the best bet in my mind.

18. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Yes tis a great time to be a geek and since both Marvel and DC have had their time to shine, it's time for Lucasfilm to announce some stuff about their films. [face_waiting]

Revanfan1, starocean90 and TK327 like this.
  19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Exactly. I just bumped a thread I started on that very topic in the JCC with that image. We were discussing this in the GIL thread here too... I think this is pretty crazy, having that many movies announced this far out, complete with names, logos, and release dates. First from WB for DC, but then even moreso for Marvel.

That's a good question earlier about whether that schedule could indicate that SW may be staying in December.

20. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    it's not crazy, it's awesomeness and I would even say it's not enough.=P~:D
    I do think Star Wars might stay in December, but the problem with that is the Avatar Movies.[face_thinking]

21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    The distinct lack of Marvel in December (I mean, they're in every single freakin' seasonal release date for the next half a decade ASIDE from December) makes me think Star Wars, by way of Disney moving Lucasfilm away from Marvel, is going to officially plant it's flag on that month.

22. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    WOW, I can't wait !!!

BRING ON STAR WARS EPISODE 7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    In less than two months' time, we will be at the "one year out" point. :eek:

24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    So if the date gets moved up about 3 days (Which I'm thinking is really likely, late Decemember releases tend to get mid-week releases, especially big FX spectacles) do the mods have the power to modify The Holy Clock?

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No. We will simply delete the forums in their entirety.

TKT, BigAl6ft6 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.