main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST SW Episode VII to OPEN DECEMBER 18, 2015

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ManaByte, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    In the honor of being 12 months away from TFA's release and it being the holiday season, we should, as a board, write our own version of the TWELVE MONTHS OF STAR WARS.

I'll start:

On the first month of Star Wars, my true love gave to me....an Artoo on Tatooine

2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Jcuk, DaddlerTheDalek, TheBBP and 2 others like this.
  3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I've always felt the falcon should be left hand drive

4. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Is that a hint that we will get news of a Han spin-off in 2015? ;)

5. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    2015 is the YEAR OF "BACK TO THE FUTURE II". I think the movie got a lot right:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jaws 19? Well no. The series ended at Jaws 4 in 87'. But for Star Wars 7, Mad Max 4, Terminator 5 and Jurassic Park 4 to all come out in 2015 all in 3D, I think I still give the movie credit for predicting Hollywood obsession with 3D sequels.

DaddlerTheDalek and dolphin like this.
  6. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Nice...50 weeks and counting. <<< AARRGGGHHH! Stinks being impatient. >>>

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Question: When is Star Wars Episode VII coming out?

Answer: This year.

8. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    By the way it's only January 1st and I'm already sick of the BTTF 2015 memes lol

[​IMG]

9. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    At least more than 2001: A Space Odyssey.

It`s funny to think that the entire OT came out before Back to the Future. How would people react then if they found out they had to wait 30 years for a sequel?

10. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    You know whats awesome? That we can say: TFA is coming out THIS year! :D

dolphin likes this.
  11. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001

I'll take BTTF 2015 memes any day over the seemingly infinite "lens flare" jokes. Those got old literally the same day JJ was confirmed as the director.

12. Envoy of Solanus

Envoy of Solanus Jedi Knight

May 30, 2014
    Am I the only one who really hopes that Pepsi releases a Back to the Future 2015 Pepsi bottle in october?
    [​IMG]

13. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    TheBBP likes this.
  14. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Eh, that just means that there are people who can't be pleased no matter what, particularly as SW fans. Understandable. There will be people who b@#$% and moan about this that and the other thing because that's the world we live in. Most of us here will do the same for at least one aspect of it.

TFA isn't going to be a cultural phenomenon by itself. The entire SW world is a cultural phenomenon, started by ANH. TFA will just hopefully keep that phenomenon alive or maybe even revive a bit more.

15. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

That is true of every fandom's desire for great movies. People are freaking over the Mad Max Fury Road footage shown thus far (it's fantastic and I am very much looking forward to revisiting that world) - that said, like TFA, I am keep my expectations lower than usual because of what I've heard regarding Max himself.

Back on topic here, I can't speak for anyone else, but TFA teaser made me giddy the way some footage for the TPM did and it made me very, very interested again.

Hope is a good thing, especially when you in terms of the SW universe. :)

And 49 weeks to go...

16. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    "But the thing is, even if The Force Awakens is an Original Trilogy-level masterpiece, it’ll still disappoint. The hype is so massive and, post-prequels, the fans are so picky that there’s no hope of the film coming out of 2015 regarded as it (hopefully) deserves. Doesn’t mean it’ll actually be bad though."

What a load of hyperbole. He is talking about a small part of a rabid fanbase. Yes, this movie will be a disappointment for some, but I just get the feeling that it will please the majority. It is certainly not going to disappoint enough to warrant a "sure to disappoint" article.

Envoy of Solanus, EHT and Lando Swarm like this.
  17. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    It was just announced that Avatar 2 has been postponed until 2017 which SUCKS BIGTIME for Episode 8.

Episode 8, if released in December, had a much better chance against Avatar 3 than Avatar 2.

They'll probably want to risk a summer 2017 release than be too close between Justice League and Avatar 2 in the winter. Right now a late June or July release for Episode 8 seems most plausible with this announcement (unless they want to postpone it until 2018).

This is also somewhat problematic for Episode IX which, if released in December 2019, would have had smooth sailing due to Avatar movies being over. But now it looks like Avatar 2, 3, and 4 will be released in December 2017, 18, and 19.

So perhaps Thanksgiving 2019 has a good chance since the summer 2019 has the last Avengers movie and another Justice League movie.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I doubt they're sweating it. Avatar 2 probably won't be released until 2050 at this rate.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  19. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    LOL-yeah I hear ya!

I am really hoping that they'll announce a release schedule for the remaining episodes and spin offs so that they're set in stone (or at least in clay).

20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001

Not only that, but after its initial run, Avatar practically dropped off the face of the earth. Despite breaking box office records and all that jazz, it didn't permeate pop culture like Star Wars did. Unless Avatar 2 has something to draw audiences in like the immersive environments and special effects in the first one, I don't think there's too much reason to worry. Unless, of course, TFA bombs and no one wants to see Episode VIII, but I don't think that's going to happen. :p

It's also interesting to note that they pushed the release date to 2017, which would coincide nicely with the opening of Avatarland in Disney's Animal Kingdom, which is also slated for a 2017 opening.

21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I never saw Avatar, but based on what I've heard I really don't get the point of multiple sequels for it.

22. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Avatar Sequels being delayed to 2017 is great news for the first spinoff (less competition).:D

23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Avatar: the plainest film of all time. Literally the only thing it had going for it was its technical side. Everything else, sadly including the designs of the world, creatures and aliens, was 100% generic.

Envoy of Solanus likes this.
  24. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Avatar is a Live Action Smurfs movie mixed in with Dances with Wolves.:D:p

Envoy of Solanus likes this.
  25. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Storywise, if they built and expanded like Cameron supposedly did (writing 1000 pages of backstory and mythos) then it could be cool. But yeah, the whole mean people vs blue people doesn't have any mythos by itself. Nobody goes around talking about how great the story is for Avatar, just the visuals. And unless the visuals are something even more spectacular, it's the same thing. But that's why I wanted Ep8 to go against Avatar 3, thinking that the fever for Avatar will have broken by then.

Right now though, we have the summer 2017 looking like this:
    GOTG2-May 5
    Wonder Woman-June 23
    Thor 3-July 28
    There's another Pirates movie coming out that summer, but seriously Pirates have had their time and the last one wasn't a big hit compared to the others.
    (I don't consider Fantastic Four 2 to be anything)

That gives Episode 8,if they move on it, some excellent shots at the summer 0f 2017. Memorial Day or the week after are possibilities, but July 4th weekend is even better because I can't see Wonder Woman doing serious damage at the box office and Thor is a ways from that date.

2019 looks like this:

Avengers Infinity Wars Part 2-May 3

Justice League 2-June 14

July is wide open. They can make Episodes 8 and 9 July 4th events for 2017 and 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.