main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST SW Episode VII to OPEN DECEMBER 18, 2015

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ManaByte, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Alot of tickets still available in the Wash DC area. Was hoping everything would be sold out.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Episode 8 will be bolder than TFA. We know that from LK's comments. I think it's a very sensible approach. Consolidate first then push full steam ahead. That said, while there will clearly be plenty of echoes back to the originals, TPTB have stated, on numerous occasions, that it cannot just be a nostalgia trip and that they have tried to honour the past while also taking things forwards.

The TIME journalist also commented that in the 20 minutes he saw, those echoes felt appropriate and were not tiresome, so fingers crossed they will match their impressive talk so far with the film we end up seeing.

But for every "ugh, nostalgia" comment, what often strikes me is how the slightest hint of a PT callback gets praised by the detractors. So I'm not sure it's as much an anti-nostalgia thing for some, but an anti-the wrong kind of nostalgia issue. Say... next gen N1s were being used, and D'Qar was Naboo, some of those howling now would be cheering (and vice versa probably).

MagnaZero and Strongbow like this.
  3. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Today is the day!!! Well technically tomorrow, but at 7pm it will already be tomorrow lol.

Lots of griping and whining about the movie and very little hoopla. Nothing on the front page. I'd expect some huge big deal with the movie officially opening tonight. I'd expect a LOT more celebrating and craziness. I mean, this is THE day we've all been waiting 3 years for. And I am shocked that the boards are as easy to get onto right now with so many people already having seen it. What gives? Shouldn't this be crazy time right about now?

But in addition to less fanfare here than I'd expect, there's not a lot going on in the news that I have at least seen. It's as if just another movie is coming out.

whostheBossk likes this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Hey, remember when that countdown clock had a lot more numbers on it? I wonder what happened. :p

Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Remember that one thread that had the random countdown timer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.