main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW events & line party at Crossroads20 Cary

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Greetings, SW fans,
    This is TallonKaardgamer, and I'll be working with Crossroads 20 to set up an opening nite line party! Crossroads will have a midnite show Wednesday May 15, SO here's what I have in mind:

Star Wars RPG CCG Miniature Gamers, comics, collectables events - I'm working with South Hills mall to set up an inside event with free promotions and giveaways at American Nostalgia. Date / time to be set probably a week before the movie (May 10,11, or 12, not sure). Probably a small fee of around $5 for player participation. Interested? Respond here!

Star Wars line party at Crossroads 20 in Cary: Wed. May 15, 7PM - midnight - Star Wars Trivia contests, lightsaber combat duel contests, and costume contests in the works! Then - the movie, of course!

Details coming out soon! See you there!
    Tallon Kaardgamer

2. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Wow, that sounds cool! I love Crossroads 20...

I think I'm going to wait for a little more detail before saying for certain that I'd be there, but it does sound fun! :D May 15th is a Wednesday, right? ?[face_plain]

3. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    I'll be partaking in my first viewing of Episode 2 at The Raleigh Grande. One of the best theatres in the area for me, and less of a drive than all the way out to Cary from Wake Forest. :D

4. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I was there at Raleigh Grand for EP I. Yes, they had an awesome turnout - I was about 176th in line just for midnite show tickets.

Local TV coverage was pheonomenal by CH11 and CH17; I debated in my mind for a while between them and Crossroads. My only reason for choosing Crossroads is I have contacts there with the gen mgr.

So go and enjoy, DinoX! I'll be there in spirit.

And yes May 15 is Wednesday.
    May the force be with you!
    Tallon Kaardgamer

5. chuckreis

chuckreis Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    I am thinking that I will be at South Pointe Malls new cineplex. It blows most of the others away (Crossroads 20 would be my second choice). Does anyone know when the local theaters areputting tickets up for sale? My guess is the usual 1 week before the showing, but I have no idea.

6. waynehead

waynehead Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 1998
    I seem to remember that it was one week before TPM for all the theaters hereabouts, but I'm not sure.

My friends and I will probably be seeing it at crossroads, (b/c that's where we see all of our movies) so we'd be interested. Thanx for the heads up.

7. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Hey there fellow Raleigh Jedi, I will surely be there at the Crossroads party! I am new to the Raleigh area and look forward to meeting people with the same interests. Get those lightsabers and costumes ready people, its all getting ready to start once again! May the force be with you all!

8. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I brought up the possibilty of hosting a SW line party event with the Consolidated Theatre's community relations manager at Southpointe, however he felt that Southpointe's management was going crazy being so new, and with the other big name movies coming out (read,Spiderman), they did not have time to devote to helping us SW people out just yet. Maybe when the dust settles, k?
    Tallon

9. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    Well I will bet the Raleigh Grande will have something. They did back in 1999. I was standing in the parking lot for several hours (got a sunburn, it was fun!) to get advance tickets, thinking that the friday afternoon showing would be sold out (it wasn't). Hopefully I'll be up early enough this time to go and get closer in line. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.