main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Figure Playsets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Feb 16, 2015.

1. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I've been looking for it but have not seen it. It should be by the figures yes?

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I think it's only in Europe.

3. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    So far it doesn't look like there are any play sets for TFA. Could be to guard some spoilerific info, but I'm betting we just won't see one.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well technically they consider the open up Falcon to be a playset. I thought I saw somewhere that there was going to be a huge Star Destroyer also. Maybe Hasbro is still holding off until the film opens?

I'm hoping I might be able to pop into a store when I'm in Spain and might find that paper cutout Death Star playset. I have no idea if they sell it there, but I'll look.

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Something that should count as a playset is the POTF 3d diaroma of Jabba's Palace. Purchased this and put all my Jabba thug figures inside and it looks great. You just have to be careful as it is not sturdy to hold a bunch of figures. They easily fall...and into the Rancor pit if there lucky.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    This was posted by JediNews - I thought it was an amazing custom. Click HERE to view all photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

whostheBossk and Juke Skywalker like this.
  7. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    That's a FANTASTIC Death Star custom! I want it! It would be great if it were available mass-market, but I doubt that will ever happen. This playset is too good to be made by Hasbro....

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  8. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    whostheBossk likes this.
  9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ok that's awesome to know! Are those expensive on the secondary market?

10. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    PadmeLeiaJaina, yeah, it's one of the more expensive 80s Joe pieces, with prices on eBay typically $200 and up for ones near to complete. Even if you just wanted the basic shell I'd say you were looking at $125-150. pretty expensive for something used in a custom job.

Missed this one earlier. Would've responded "Not in the 80s!". Whatever sad state Hasbro's lines have fallen into today, back in the 80s their G.I. Joe line was as a good as any ever produced.

whostheBossk likes this.
  11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well then - looks like I have something new to look for at thrift shops. Although finding playsets of any sort is sometimes a challenge. But hey you never know.

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    For sure. And because of it's solid construction (vs. the various panels, walls, floors and struts in something like Kenner's Death Star or Hasbro's G.I. Joe HQ) you're more likely to find in tact, if not complete.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Playsets are hard to find. Usually I find Marvel and DC stuff that's all new. Occasionally I'll see something else but I don't see a lot of playsets when I hit my thrift stores.

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, I wonder of that's a shelf space issue? Maybe stuff that big automatically ends up online. Speaking of thrift stores, there's a large retail/restaurant area that's booming near my house and I've been seeing a new building going up from the interstate as I drive to work. Yesterday I got to drive by and it said it was the future home of a Goodwill/Easter Seals store!

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Oh yay! Glad to hear you're getting a new junking place! I think my problem is that there are LOTS of pickers where I live. Not a lot of females which is why I can pick up good dolls, but finding really good vintage or other boys toys is hard for me.

16. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, pretty stoked to have a nice, new big one less than five minutes from home. And Goodwill does good work helping people get job skills. It's a win-win.

That's frustrating. I don't mind competition and sharing, but it's tough to walk into a thrift store and have it turn into Thunderdome :p.

whostheBossk likes this.
  17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ok so these aren't exactly playsets but these came up on Facebook and I thought that they were a nice substitute and really cute shelves that are designed for 6 inch figures (shelves are 9" tall) so you can fit a bunch of little figures and creatures/ships on the shelves. Click to view.

18. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Nifty! Nice variety of environments there to "theme" your collection to.

whostheBossk likes this.
  19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    whostheBossk likes this.
  20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Juke Skywalker likes this.
  21. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Anyone snag the new TLJ Snoke star destroyer/BB8 case playset yet? So glad they included a new playset for our 3.75 inch. New sale prices don't seem to be moving it as its heckava expensive.

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002

Saw someone from another SW group I follow post pics on this and it reminded me that I WANT IT BAD. So I found one on ebay for 30 pounds w/ shipping included. Will be on it's way from the UK - WOOT!

Where I'm going to display it when I get it ---- well that's another story....

whostheBossk likes this.
  23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    FYI that lovely never arrived - back to hoping to get one again :(

Someone posted this in the Star Wars Collectors Group thread on FB - man....looks so awesome. 1/6 scale custom landspeeder. (Although not technically a playset - at this size vehicles count.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    FYI Shopdisney currently has the BB-8 TLJ playset on sale for 153 - then you apply code EXTRA30 and it's reduced to 126!

25. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Several Target stores in my area have it for 110-115.