main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN SW Game Night at Triple Play, MARCH 15TH 5-9

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I talked to Kevin about this date and it is official. He wrote it on his calendar and I didn't bring up the time thing he did. That is the official time for this event. I am looking forward to it!

I wish there could be one sooner, but that is the first real slot in my schedule--If anyone wants to plan another, feel free! :D

We can watch the Incredibles!!! :D

2. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    That sounds cool. I'll mark my calendar, and bring my mask!

3. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    :cool: Sounds good. I got some more of those masks for Burrito's second birthday.

4. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
  5. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Anymore word from Kevin on his mini-con this spring/summer?

6. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    He mentioned it the other day. I wonder if we need to meet with him to brainstorm and see what he really has in mind.

I had an idea the other day about his Hero Con. Since the space isn't that big and will be covering a lot of interests: comics, video gaming, general gaming and star wars at the very least I imagine...

...I thought that we won't have the space to spread out with dealer tables like at TC1! So what if the SMT had just one or two tables with some promotional stuff for the club and some of the best collectibles some of us want to sell and then we could have a booklet or handouts with lists of other stuff we wanted to sell or trade. So everyone could submit some of their best stuff to be our "store front" sort of, but people would still have the opportunity to look further if they so desired--of course this is all depending on if Kevin will even let other people sell stuff in his shop...

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    That's exactly why TC!1 wasn't held at anyone's comic shop- Neutral ground.

Kevin is extremely limited on space for an in-store mini-Con. The SMT will help him any way we can, of course. We need to return his generosity, especially after his hosting several gaming nights.

8. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I will talk to him about this the first chance I get, but I can't imagine him having a problem if it is something he doesn't sell--but I have been wrong before...

By the way, he got in a Kotobukiya Vader and is expecting more such SW stuff...

9. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    I know he is all for having people in costume that weekend. I will definitely wear the Stormtrooper armor. Anyone else?

Chuck

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'll show up in something if he needs folks.

11. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, I am glad you aren't thinking of showing up in nothing. ;)

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey, I just might. Wouldn't be the first time.

13. Johnny-Vegas

Johnny-Vegas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2004
    Hey, I just might. Wouldn't be the first time
    YIKES! :eek:

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Thankfully those pictures were lost!

I know we'll have plenty of BT stuff ready by then. Antone's new Jetta book will have been out for a month or so by then. I'm sure Adam Shaw will have something to promote as well.

I'll wear my jedi outfit I'm sure, well, that is IF I get some new boots by then. Otherwise I'm tee-shirt and jeans'n it.

15. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Well, we plan on showing up tonight. Not sure what time.
    Got an e-mail from Duke. He says, "Everyone wants to know when the next Star Wars night is!"
    I replied "Tomorrow! www.suspiciousmindtrick.net "
    So, no flyers this time? You would think Kevin would have been able to tell them, since those guys are constantly at the store.

Later,

-Joe

16. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    Joe,

I thought ya'll were staying in for a quiet night. Are you guys really coming down?? If so, Rob and I will stop by. We did not bring our Trivial Pursuit with us because I didn't think we would be going. If indeed you are coming down, please bring yours so we can play!

Kelly

17. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    Yeah, the plans changed after our drama-filled weekend. We need to see some face-to-face friends for a little while.
    Unless some work emergency pops up or sudden illness befalls us, we should be there.
    I'll try to remember the Trivial Pursuit.

-Joe

18. kellrob

Sep 15, 2004
    Great!!! Looking forward to seeing you both!

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Looks like it's a no-go for me. I've got that stomach virus that's going around. Y'all have fun.

20. Valeska

Valeska Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    Poor Tim! You feel better!

21. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Sorry I missed it- I've got the stomach bug, too. Was up all night sick on Monday, came into work for an hour, left, walked in the front door, got sick again, then passed out the rest of the day. I'm kinda shakey today, but mostly achey from sleeping so much.

I'm hoping I'll feel good enough to go catch the Untamed Shrews this weekend.

22. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    Bummer Lin. I was right, then. I figured if you missed a gaming night then something was wrong.
    Me, Gina, Kelly, Rob and Jacob played a looooong game of trivial pursuit. We met a couple of new people and told them about the group and the site.
    Planned the next gaming night for April 12th.

-Joe

23. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Yeah, and we will make flyers this time, even If I have to draw them free-hand and photo-copy them. Sorry. It has been quite a month for me.

I had a lot of fun last night. I really needed some non-school/non-family... time. Thanks, Gina, Joe, Kelly, Rob!

24. kellrob

Sep 15, 2004
    Rob and I did to. It was nice to be able to sit and talk with you all. Can't wait for the next one.

25. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Yeah, and we will make flyers this time, even If I have to draw them free-hand and photo-copy them. Sorry. It has been quite a month for me.

I hear ya. Feel free to do some flyers. Let me know if you need any logos or fonts. I can shoot some your way. Chuck's great with Photoshop, too. (hint/hint)

So next night is on a Tuesday? I should be free.

BTW- feeling MUCH better today. Hope everyone else is as well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.