main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW gamer #5

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Mazzic, Jul 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    I've heard that in this issue, Mara makes an appearance...in a showdown with Lumiya per orders of Ysanne. Can anyone confirm this?

Would anyone mind telling me about the story, and what happens? Are there any other references to Mara Jade? Any pics?

Thanks for your help!

2. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    How about any info?

3. RainbowDroideka

RainbowDroideka Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2000
    Sorry to dissapoint you Mazzic, but I just got SWG5 and there is no story about Mara or Lumiya. However, there is an information-packed article about the Emperor's hands, other thatn Mara. It has an account of the life of Lumiya and several others, and mentions Mara having noticed Lumiya before. But there is no story about either of them. As for pictures, there are a couple cool ones of Lumiya, and one of Mara as part of the picture at the head of the article.

4. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    there is a mara vs Lumiya story that is all of 2 paragraphs. you're obsessed with mara.

5. Laughing_Manyskins

Laughing_Manyskins Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2001
    Is there anything else really good in it? I get Dragon every month and I am thinking of starting up a new Star Wars game for my friends when we finish our current D&D game. Is it a good issue?

6. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    It's actually really good. It has stats for the other Emperor's Hands, like Arden Lyn (from Masters of Teras Kasi) Maarek Stele (from TIE Fighter Flight Sim) and Shira Brie/Lumyia

7. El Kabong

El Kabong Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 28, 1999
    >>>It's actually really good. It has stats for the other Emperor's Hands, like Arden Lyn (from Masters of Teras Kasi)<<<

That would be GREAT - ***IF*** she was one of the Emperor's Hands! She's not - she's a skilled Kung-fu mercenary that was 'drafted' by the Empire to whack Luke and the other Big Named Rebels. Good going WotC. Sheesh.

8. Moridin

Moridin RPG Author star 3 VIP

Apr 13, 1999
    Actually, Arden Lyn IS an Emperor's Hand. Accoding to The Essential Chronology, which is just as Official as anything else. Seeing as how Wizards of the Coast is following LucasFilm Official material, I would say it was a good job.

9. El Kabong

El Kabong Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 28, 1999
    Ok, well that's someone at the LFL office falling asleep at the switch then. The orignal source out and out says that she was doing her TK thing long before the Emperor ever came around - at least, according to the video game, that is.

Oh well.

10. Moridin

Moridin RPG Author star 3 VIP

Apr 13, 1999
    I think it's all a part of trying to reconcile all the things like video games and comic books with the more coherent chronology of the novels. They're trying to consolidate everything into one solid galaxy, which is difficult with some of the games. Still, it doesn't matter to me if she's an Emperor's Hand or Jackie Chan's stunt double.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.